Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CRB... 11:18 - Nov 7 with 7464 viewsSwan91

Am I the only one here who doesn't want Roberts as a winger? yes he has been playing great there... but I would love us to try and have a player like asoro on the wing who is more attacking.

then have CRB as RB making runs. he has the stamina for it.

last game I was fed up of seeing naughton and CRB getting the ball and instead of making runs.. just passed it sideways or behind.

If we had a fast player on the other wing it would mean we wouldn't have to solely rely on D.James.

I have seen enough of Mackay to say no to him at the moment but I still feel like Asoro can be tried more.

or can montero play as RW.. I don't know if I have seen that... or D.James as RW
CRB... on 11:20 - Nov 7 with 5034 viewsdcd14

Asoro is not good enough.
CRB... on 11:23 - Nov 7 with 5014 viewsSwan91

CRB... on 11:20 - Nov 7 by dcd14

Asoro is not good enough.

don't think he has played enough to show what he can do. pre season he showed promise...early season he had a good assist... the amount of games he has played has not shown what he can do.

Potter also thinks enough of him to put him on the bench the past few games.
CRB... on 11:24 - Nov 7 with 5009 viewsjackrmee

I agree somewhat...
Would love to see James and Jeff on either wing.
Wouldn't drop Connor for Asoro though just yet. He's not attacking as much as James, but is confident and controlled and more consistent with Naughton than the rest can be.

ps. Thought you were on about CBR first of all. CRB is just confusing. Call him Connor you lazy fuk
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 11:34]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

CRB... on 11:32 - Nov 7 with 4993 viewsjackrmee

There is a vote on a fan website and many seem to agree with you
https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/swansea-city/hys-who-should-start-a

<script type="text/javascript" src=" https://opscdn.footballfancast.com/wp-content/themes/ffc-web-products/js/embed.j data-poll-id="12607"></script>
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 11:32]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

CRB... on 11:41 - Nov 7 with 4961 viewsvalleyboy

CRB... on 11:23 - Nov 7 by Swan91

don't think he has played enough to show what he can do. pre season he showed promise...early season he had a good assist... the amount of games he has played has not shown what he can do.

If a player can’t do the basics in football. You can play him as much as you want and he won’t get any better
CRB... on 11:41 - Nov 7 with 4961 viewsdcd14

CRB... on 11:23 - Nov 7 by Swan91

He needs to knuckle down and control his ego.

Not impressed at all with what I have seen from him to date.

Dan James has proved that defenders in this league are there for the taking. Asoro so far likes to be too fancy and ends up over complicating and losing the ball.
CRB... on 11:48 - Nov 7 with 4947 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 11:41 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

If a player can’t do the basics in football. You can play him as much as you want and he won’t get any better

We haven't seen enough of him yet. He's been talked about in the press as being something special. Spurs wanted him. We paid £2mil for him. Potter seems to see something in him.

He is still young and I think he needs more time to work out what's going on here at Swansea. He is just a kid and needs to get up to speed with everything. There is definitely potential there. Just a little too early for now.

CRB... on 11:49 - Nov 7 with 4945 viewsvalleyboy

CRB... on 11:41 - Nov 7 by dcd14

He needs to knuckle down and control his ego.

Not impressed at all with what I have seen from him to date.

Dan James has proved that defenders in this league are there for the taking. Asoro so far likes to be too fancy and ends up over complicating and losing the ball.

A winger needs to decide when to take on a defender and not to try to do it every time

If a defender knows what you are going to do, it makes defending easier for him

A defender always has the advantage, so it’s important to pick the right moment to take him on
Login to get fewer ads

CRB... on 11:53 - Nov 7 with 4926 viewsvalleyboy

CRB... on 11:48 - Nov 7 by jackrmee

We haven't seen enough of him yet. He's been talked about in the press as being something special. Spurs wanted him. We paid £2mil for him. Potter seems to see something in him.

He is still young and I think he needs more time to work out what's going on here at Swansea. He is just a kid and needs to get up to speed with everything. There is definitely potential there. Just a little too early for now.

What the hell are you on about in that he is still young

Players are playing internationals (Wales) younger than him and doing what you should be doing in football
CRB... on 12:07 - Nov 7 with 4900 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 11:53 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

What the hell are you on about in that he is still young

Players are playing internationals (Wales) younger than him and doing what you should be doing in football

Don't be so silly...
The young players who are playing internationals are extra special. They are blooming early and exceeding expectations.

Players are humans. Humans mature at different rates. Humans take longer/shorter time to understand things than others.

You think we should just bin him now, having just turned 19, as he is not good enough?

Loads of top class players have matured late or were not seen as up to the grade, but proved people wrong when they had someone who actually believed in them.
https://www.goalprofits.com/footballs-late-bloomers-13-stars-who-struggled-to-th

CRB... on 12:11 - Nov 7 with 4887 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 11:49 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

A winger needs to decide when to take on a defender and not to try to do it every time

If a defender knows what you are going to do, it makes defending easier for him

A defender always has the advantage, so it’s important to pick the right moment to take him on

Players learn these things. He must have shown some promise and been doing some things right previously.
He just needs time, probably in the u23s and confidence.

Give him a few years of learning how GP wants to play and how the club is moving forward and then judge him. If he's still not up to scratch then move him on. But giving up on a 19 year old because he has a few bad games at the start of his career with a new club is just pathetic.

CRB... on 12:14 - Nov 7 with 4879 viewsNeathJack

Dyer should be playing right wing with Roberts at right back imho.
CRB... on 12:16 - Nov 7 with 4870 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 12:14 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

Dyer should be playing right wing with Roberts at right back imho.

I would like to see that tbh. Unsure why Dyer is not in GPs plans. Maybe he knows they want his wages off the system, so is not keen to use someone he can't use after January.

CRB... on 12:37 - Nov 7 with 4832 viewsJango

We are a better team with Roberts and Naughton in the 11 with our current players. Both are very good at this level.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 12:38]
CRB... on 12:58 - Nov 7 with 4783 viewsjasper_T

An extra out and out winger would have been great against Rotherham, especially after they adapted to our threat down the left, but most games this season we've benefited from Connor's workrate getting up and down.
CRB... on 14:01 - Nov 7 with 4664 viewsLeonWasGod

CRB... on 12:16 - Nov 7 by jackrmee

I would like to see that tbh. Unsure why Dyer is not in GPs plans. Maybe he knows they want his wages off the system, so is not keen to use someone he can't use after January.

Based on his one start so far, I’d say it’s because Dyer’s forgotten which way to face and what to do with the ball (1 good move aside). He was very poor with the ball at his feet and nowhere near as positive as Connor or Dan. I was surprised as I reckoned he’d be a good option now too. It was only 1 game though.
CRB... on 14:02 - Nov 7 with 4661 viewsTailGunner

Naughton has a better cross than both Connor & Dyer.
I would swap Naughts & Connor positionally.
CRB... on 14:11 - Nov 7 with 4644 viewsSwan91

CRB... on 12:58 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

An extra out and out winger would have been great against Rotherham, especially after they adapted to our threat down the left, but most games this season we've benefited from Connor's workrate getting up and down.

yes.... as soon as they closed DJ down more... we lost that threat. made it impossible to do anything.. only when when put on the 2 subs (which should have been earlier) did we look like we could have chances again.

Asoro is only 19... people writing him off already is crazy.. he has the pace and potential so needs time to show it more.. when coming on as a sub it has been late in the game.. enough to not make much of an impact.

I think connor has shown that he can have that work rate as RB aswell... so having him overlap aswell giving Asoro more space to either run or pass the ball would benefit him.
CRB... on 15:51 - Nov 7 with 4551 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 14:02 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

Naughton has a better cross than both Connor & Dyer.
I would swap Naughts & Connor positionally.

Naughton has made one, maybe two good crosses in his Swansea career. Maybe slightly better delivery than Roberts, but neither are particularly effective whipping a ball in.

Connor's forward running is leagues better than Naughton's. Getting players up to support McBurnie is essential. You're not going to see Kyle make the quality of inside run that got him the goal against Blackburn.
CRB... on 16:27 - Nov 7 with 4512 viewsBadlands

Right midfield but not. winger.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

CRB... on 17:31 - Nov 7 with 4452 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 15:51 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Naughton has made one, maybe two good crosses in his Swansea career. Maybe slightly better delivery than Roberts, but neither are particularly effective whipping a ball in.

Connor's forward running is leagues better than Naughton's. Getting players up to support McBurnie is essential. You're not going to see Kyle make the quality of inside run that got him the goal against Blackburn.

So biased towards the academy it's embarrassing.

Naughton has a decent delivery from wide, mostly when playing as an overlapping full back.

Give him a chance, swap them around.

Are you Nigel Rees ffs
CRB... on 17:38 - Nov 7 with 4435 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 17:31 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

So biased towards the academy it's embarrassing.

Naughton has a decent delivery from wide, mostly when playing as an overlapping full back.

Give him a chance, swap them around.

Are you Nigel Rees ffs

Naughton's delivery from wide areas is why Spurs got rid of him. Couldn't play the high overlapping role they wanted. I can genuinely only remember one killer cross he's played and it was two seasons ago.

Both he and Connor started at centre mid. Most fullbacks are failed wingers. Must have missed crossing lessons in school.
CRB... on 17:40 - Nov 7 with 4429 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 17:38 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Naughton's delivery from wide areas is why Spurs got rid of him. Couldn't play the high overlapping role they wanted. I can genuinely only remember one killer cross he's played and it was two seasons ago.

Both he and Connor started at centre mid. Most fullbacks are failed wingers. Must have missed crossing lessons in school.

Couldn't give a toss about spurs. And of course you know why spurs got rid

Get over yourself.
CRB... on 17:50 - Nov 7 with 4417 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 17:38 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Most fullbacks are fullbacks, not failed wingers.
Some fullbacks are now beng used as wingers, due to changes in tactics.

CRB... on 18:28 - Nov 7 with 4387 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 17:40 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

Couldn't give a toss about spurs. And of course you know why spurs got rid

Get over yourself.

These aren't state secrets. If you don't want to inform yourself that's fine but looking down on people who do is pretty pathetic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024