Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CRB... 11:18 - Nov 7 with 7455 viewsSwan91

Am I the only one here who doesn't want Roberts as a winger? yes he has been playing great there... but I would love us to try and have a player like asoro on the wing who is more attacking.

then have CRB as RB making runs. he has the stamina for it.

last game I was fed up of seeing naughton and CRB getting the ball and instead of making runs.. just passed it sideways or behind.

If we had a fast player on the other wing it would mean we wouldn't have to solely rely on D.James.

I have seen enough of Mackay to say no to him at the moment but I still feel like Asoro can be tried more.

or can montero play as RW.. I don't know if I have seen that... or D.James as RW
CRB... on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 2422 views34dfgdf54

CRB... on 17:38 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Naughton's delivery from wide areas is why Spurs got rid of him. Couldn't play the high overlapping role they wanted. I can genuinely only remember one killer cross he's played and it was two seasons ago.

Both he and Connor started at centre mid. Most fullbacks are failed wingers. Must have missed crossing lessons in school.

Most full backs are failed central midfield players.

Though I agree with TailGunner. Your bias towards the academy players is embarrassing, and you coming on here at every opportunity to slag the manager off, is also embarrassing.
CRB... on 19:30 - Nov 7 with 2391 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 18:36 - Nov 7 by 34dfgdf54

Most full backs are failed central midfield players.

Though I agree with TailGunner. Your bias towards the academy players is embarrassing, and you coming on here at every opportunity to slag the manager off, is also embarrassing.

Do you think Naughton makes better runs than Connor?

If my agenda is to slag Potter off at every opportunity why am I defending his choice of Roberts on the wing ahead of Naughton? Surely I should be mindlessly upvoting a post claiming Naughton is a great crosser and promising winger in disguise, even though he's never shown it during his decade+ senior career.
CRB... on 19:37 - Nov 7 with 2385 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 19:30 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Do you think Naughton makes better runs than Connor?

If my agenda is to slag Potter off at every opportunity why am I defending his choice of Roberts on the wing ahead of Naughton? Surely I should be mindlessly upvoting a post claiming Naughton is a great crosser and promising winger in disguise, even though he's never shown it during his decade+ senior career.

He's never had the consistent chance to play where
Roberts is now so you cannot compare.

Very little to choose between them for me.
I know it's the fashion to kick the shite out of Naughton, (more so for you as he's not an academy player) but they are both good players esp in this league.
CRB... on 19:44 - Nov 7 with 2380 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 19:37 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

He's never had the consistent chance to play where
Roberts is now so you cannot compare.

Very little to choose between them for me.
I know it's the fashion to kick the shite out of Naughton, (more so for you as he's not an academy player) but they are both good players esp in this league.

I've given Naughton far less abuse than most on here over the past year or so, especially when it was most in vogue and he was getting pelters even when playing well in Carvalhal's 3 at the back system.

If you can find where I've said he's not a good player in this league please link it.
CRB... on 19:46 - Nov 7 with 2378 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 19:44 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

I've given Naughton far less abuse than most on here over the past year or so, especially when it was most in vogue and he was getting pelters even when playing well in Carvalhal's 3 at the back system.

If you can find where I've said he's not a good player in this league please link it.

Go back a page
CRB... on 19:59 - Nov 7 with 2358 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 19:46 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

Go back a page

I said he's not a good crosser and doesn't make runs of the same quality (and frequency) as Roberts. That's not slagging him off as a player or saying he's not good for this division. Potter will have made the same judgements of his skillset which is why he's been playing centrally and/or behind Connor when they've played together.
CRB... on 20:00 - Nov 7 with 2354 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 19:59 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

I said he's not a good crosser and doesn't make runs of the same quality (and frequency) as Roberts. That's not slagging him off as a player or saying he's not good for this division. Potter will have made the same judgements of his skillset which is why he's been playing centrally and/or behind Connor when they've played together.

If he was Kyle Evans from Cwmtawe School you'd be in your oils.
Sad.
CRB... on 20:15 - Nov 7 with 2345 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 20:00 - Nov 7 by TailGunner

If he was Kyle Evans from Cwmtawe School you'd be in your oils.
Sad.

You're tilting at windmills, mate. You only ever seem disagree with arguments you imagine me making, nothing I've written.
Login to get fewer ads

CRB... on 20:21 - Nov 7 with 2340 viewsTailGunner

CRB... on 20:15 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

You're tilting at windmills, mate. You only ever seem disagree with arguments you imagine me making, nothing I've written.

You've admitted abusing Kyle Naughton, and regularly dig at Potter.

Just enjoy what's going on out on the field - or maybe or perhaps senior football isn't for you.
CRB... on 20:43 - Nov 7 with 2327 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He been brilliant fair play to him

He plays like he’s playing over the park with his mates

Breath of fresh air to be honest

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

CRB... on 20:53 - Nov 7 with 2319 viewsvalleyboy

CRB... on 12:07 - Nov 7 by jackrmee

Don't be so silly...
The young players who are playing internationals are extra special. They are blooming early and exceeding expectations.

Players are humans. Humans mature at different rates. Humans take longer/shorter time to understand things than others.

You think we should just bin him now, having just turned 19, as he is not good enough?

Loads of top class players have matured late or were not seen as up to the grade, but proved people wrong when they had someone who actually believed in them.
https://www.goalprofits.com/footballs-late-bloomers-13-stars-who-struggled-to-th

So is Daniel James an exceptional player then??

What is it, 9-10 months between them

Some of the best crosses I have seen coming from wide in the Championship has been from DJ

When did you see any type of decent cross coming from Asoro in the games he’s played in

It’s obvious that Dan James has worked hard in doing the basics which no one can say is the same with Asoro

Asoro dont seem to be doing the right calls and as for his passing game, it’s none existent
CRB... on 21:05 - Nov 7 with 2310 viewsjasper_T

CRB... on 20:53 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

Some of the best crosses I have seen coming from wide in the Championship has been from DJ

When did you see any type of decent cross coming from Asoro in the games he’s played in

It’s obvious that Dan James has worked hard in doing the basics which no one can say is the same with Asoro

Asoro dont seem to be doing the right calls and as for his passing game, it’s none existent

DJ is ~18 months older.
CRB... on 21:06 - Nov 7 with 2308 viewsKilkennyjack

Roberts is a right back or right wing back. The end.

Beware of the Risen People

CRB... on 21:07 - Nov 7 with 2307 viewsCatullus

CRB... on 18:28 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

These aren't state secrets. If you don't want to inform yourself that's fine but looking down on people who do is pretty pathetic.

According to this Spurs were hesitant to sell but Naughton wanted to leave,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kyle-naughton-leave-t

on OP, I'd rather see Connor pushed higher up with DJ on the left and a fit Montero on the bench as an impact sub where he's been deadly in 20-30 minute cameos.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

CRB... on 21:20 - Nov 7 with 2298 viewsvalleyboy

CRB... on 21:06 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Roberts is a right back or right wing back. The end.

Where does Roberts come in with this posting

The topic of this thread was Osoro
CRB... on 21:55 - Nov 7 with 2284 viewsTNT

CRB... on 17:38 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

Naughton's delivery from wide areas is why Spurs got rid of him. Couldn't play the high overlapping role they wanted. I can genuinely only remember one killer cross he's played and it was two seasons ago.

Both he and Connor started at centre mid. Most fullbacks are failed wingers. Must have missed crossing lessons in school.

Not enough Naughts and crosses, init?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

CRB... on 01:35 - Nov 8 with 2236 viewsSwan91

I was not comparing Asoro to James... of course not all players who are similar age will be similar level with playing.

He is still 19... of course there are going to be times where he makes a wrong decision or doesn't make the right call... he is young and not as experienced.

Dan James is great yes.. but I think his crossing is still very off... most go to the keeper.. but he gets the ball often enough that there are still chances where he has a decent pass or cross. I also believe James has been getting better with each game.... and that's because he is getting game time to improve. whose to say Asoro couldn't improve if given 5 or 6 games where he plays more than 20 minutes in a game.

I believe Roberts makes the forward runs better than Naughton as I think Naughton 90percent of the time passes it sideways or backwards. So ideally an attacking winger with pace would be perfect on the right side with roberts making the forward runs. that would give opposition teams a headache as they would have to think of both sides.. not just James on LW.
CRB... on 03:05 - Nov 8 with 2224 viewsjack247

CRB... on 01:35 - Nov 8 by Swan91

I was not comparing Asoro to James... of course not all players who are similar age will be similar level with playing.

He is still 19... of course there are going to be times where he makes a wrong decision or doesn't make the right call... he is young and not as experienced.

Dan James is great yes.. but I think his crossing is still very off... most go to the keeper.. but he gets the ball often enough that there are still chances where he has a decent pass or cross. I also believe James has been getting better with each game.... and that's because he is getting game time to improve. whose to say Asoro couldn't improve if given 5 or 6 games where he plays more than 20 minutes in a game.

I believe Roberts makes the forward runs better than Naughton as I think Naughton 90percent of the time passes it sideways or backwards. So ideally an attacking winger with pace would be perfect on the right side with roberts making the forward runs. that would give opposition teams a headache as they would have to think of both sides.. not just James on LW.

He gets the ball so often, because he is very clever off the ball. If your runs are that good, you’re going to get picked out in dangerous positions more often and the odd scuffed cross is less of an issue, because you’ll have another chance soon after.

I also think Roberts and Naughton work pretty well together, they both know both roles and although it’s predominantly Roberts further forward, they cover each other very well.

On the general point re.crossing, I can’t remember the last winger we had who was a genuine old fashioned, touch line hugging, beat his fullback and whip a cross in, type winger. Montero is the closest I can think of, but his crosses tend to be floated and for every pearler he puts 4 or 5 soft ones in.

Every club used to have two of them in the eighties and nineties. The focus is far more on playing the wingers into dangerous areas themselves now, as no one plays 442 and even with a great crosser the conversion rate is pretty low. I’d rather players be able to get into the box and cause havoc than whip crosses in from the touch line.
CRB... on 12:29 - Nov 8 with 2174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

CRB... on 21:20 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

No it isn't, CRB is Connor, not Asoro.

I would prefer Connor as RB, Naughton in Mid Field and a genuine winger on the Wing.
ie Narsingh or Dyer and sod the costs.
CRB... on 09:25 - Nov 9 with 2094 viewsjackrmee

Yeah of course Dan is an exceptional player. I have a feeling Giggs is going to pick him to play this time. If that's the case, it shows how exceptional he must be. He'll be ripping the prem up in a few years no doubt.

Like I said, people mature at different rates. Binning him now is pointless. At least give him a few years to show his promise.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

CRB... on 14:28 - Nov 9 with 2053 viewsDewi1jack

Personally I wish we could find a good Winger to combine with Connor.
Like the understanding Angel and Nath had developed
In fact I'd love that understanding on both sides of the park.

All defences are there for the taking, no matter what league or standard.
As an old RB/ sweeper (and stand in GK with only one sub allowed) I detested clever c**ts who wanted me running like f**k to tackle them and get the ball back
Always unsettling for any defender on the edge of the box/ in the area.
Plus the more I got knackered, the sloppier the tackling got

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

CRB... on 10:09 - Nov 10 with 1990 viewsMattG

Not been on here for a while so may have missed something but who is CRB?

I'm assuming the OP isn't advocating converting a striker (CBR) into a right back so should this be CCV?
CRB... on 23:09 - Nov 10 with 1919 viewsKilkennyjack

CRB... on 21:20 - Nov 7 by valleyboy

Warra minge 😂😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

CRB... on 10:40 - Nov 12 with 1806 viewsjackrmee

CRB... on 10:09 - Nov 10 by MattG

Not been on here for a while so may have missed something but who is CRB?

I'm assuming the OP isn't advocating converting a striker (CBR) into a right back so should this be CCV?

OP means Connor roberts

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024