Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This world is messed up 15:49 - Nov 7 with 6271 views3swan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46120021

Man of 98 beaten in his home.

I know there are more good than bad people in this world, but there are many psychopaths.

What must go through their minds.
This world is messed up on 14:28 - Nov 8 with 2069 viewsHighjack

This world is messed up on 01:44 - Nov 8 by DJack

Accidentally up arrowed your post...

Dehumanising people takes us down to their level. I do agree with a spartan incarceration regimen but we should try to rehabilitate them.

And if rehabilitation fails like it always does, what do we do then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This world is messed up on 23:38 - Nov 8 with 2025 viewsDJack

This world is messed up on 14:28 - Nov 8 by Highjack

And if rehabilitation fails like it always does, what do we do then?

We don't try too hard to rehabilitate. We do token stuff based on the latest fad/newest research findings. Demonstrating the "cost of crime" with criminals meeting their victims and talking to them has shown some results but all in all prisons just incarcerate the people.

Even if there was a full scale attempt to rehabilitate in prison there would also have to be a good support network outside, housing, job support, support to avoiding falling into old bad habits etc. On top of this we need to adjust our "society". There are other punishments other than jail and these need to be utilised (and enforced). We need to find out a way to make crime unglamorous to a section of our society and to educate the public that those that fall foul of the justice system need not be people who we should demonise - otherwise what is the incentive for them to reform?

Those that are given proper rehabilitation and subsequent support on two separate occasions and commit another crime should then be face a spartan chokey-time - barring a special psyche/social report.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This world is messed up on 08:38 - Nov 9 with 1983 viewsdameedna

Not sure the community has the mindset to meat out the punishment
I wont put the story up here but in summary after anincident on our street so called charity collectors I had to physically warn off
I had the police round checking out vigilante man
People are after money and need sorting out
This world is messed up on 10:06 - Nov 9 with 1968 viewscontroversial_jack

This world is messed up on 23:38 - Nov 8 by DJack

We don't try too hard to rehabilitate. We do token stuff based on the latest fad/newest research findings. Demonstrating the "cost of crime" with criminals meeting their victims and talking to them has shown some results but all in all prisons just incarcerate the people.

Even if there was a full scale attempt to rehabilitate in prison there would also have to be a good support network outside, housing, job support, support to avoiding falling into old bad habits etc. On top of this we need to adjust our "society". There are other punishments other than jail and these need to be utilised (and enforced). We need to find out a way to make crime unglamorous to a section of our society and to educate the public that those that fall foul of the justice system need not be people who we should demonise - otherwise what is the incentive for them to reform?

Those that are given proper rehabilitation and subsequent support on two separate occasions and commit another crime should then be face a spartan chokey-time - barring a special psyche/social report.

Excellent post.There is no support network.When a prisoner is released they are on their own, there's no housing support or benefits, so it's back to selling drugs once again
This world is messed up on 10:15 - Nov 9 with 1967 viewsHighjack

This world is messed up on 23:38 - Nov 8 by DJack

If you are honest with yourself would you be comfortable if rehabilitated murderers, rapists, violent criminals or paedophiles were housed in your street and supported to get jobs in your area?

Or would you prefer them to be put near someone else’s house?

Why should they get more help and support to get a job or housing than someone who hasn’t been a criminal? The rest of us don’t get a “support network” to help us along in life. Why should they get an advantage over the rest of us?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

This world is messed up on 10:34 - Nov 9 with 1959 viewspikeypaul

This world is messed up on 10:15 - Nov 9 by Highjack

If you are honest with yourself would you be comfortable if rehabilitated murderers, rapists, violent criminals or paedophiles were housed in your street and supported to get jobs in your area?

Why should they get more help and support to get a job or housing than someone who hasn’t been a criminal? The rest of us don’t get a “support network” to help us along in life. Why should they get an advantage over the rest of us?

It’s the way the pathetic lefties think and why we are in the state we are.

Rather than molly coddle the scum of society we need to crack down and massively increase prison sentences and make conditions inside unbearable so they actually fear going there rather than think it’s an occupational hazard like at present.

But that will never happen whilst we have the snowflake lefties making excuses for the scum, you only had to listen to piece of racist filth that is Diane Abbott last night defending the perpetrators of knife crime last night on QT to realise that.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

This world is messed up on 10:41 - Nov 9 with 1955 viewsHighjack

This world is messed up on 10:34 - Nov 9 by pikeypaul

Rather than molly coddle the scum of society we need to crack down and massively increase prison sentences and make conditions inside unbearable so they actually fear going there rather than think it’s an occupational hazard like at present.

But that will never happen whilst we have the snowflake lefties making excuses for the scum, you only had to listen to piece of racist filth that is Diane Abbott last night defending the perpetrators of knife crime last night on QT to realise that.

The idea of taking a violent criminal and saying “well done mate, you’re rehabilitated, here’s a house and a job” when so many law abiding honest people are struggling to get on the housing ladder or to earn decent money is abhorrent to me. It’s almost like they are being rewarded for destroying somebody else’s life.

This world is messed up on 12:17 - Nov 9 with 1941 viewscontroversial_jack

This world is messed up on 10:41 - Nov 9 by Highjack

The idea of taking a violent criminal and saying “well done mate, you’re rehabilitated, here’s a house and a job” when so many law abiding honest people are struggling to get on the housing ladder or to earn decent money is abhorrent to me. It’s almost like they are being rewarded for destroying somebody else’s life.

It's not just violent criminals, anyone who gets a sentence will lose their jobs, homes and maybe families.They have served their time and need to start again from scratch.If there is no support network the whole cycle starts over again, with more victims more expense to the taxpayer etc.Whether others should have similar help is a different issue, and yes they should, but that's not on the agendas of the rightwingers
Login to get fewer ads

This world is messed up on 15:05 - Nov 9 with 1919 viewsHighjack

This world is messed up on 12:17 - Nov 9 by controversial_jack

It's not just violent criminals, anyone who gets a sentence will lose their jobs, homes and maybe families.They have served their time and need to start again from scratch.If there is no support network the whole cycle starts over again, with more victims more expense to the taxpayer etc.Whether others should have similar help is a different issue, and yes they should, but that's not on the agendas of the rightwingers

But this thread is about violent criminals. A 98 year old man was hospitalised in a brutal assault. Now call me “right wing” if you like but I don’t particularly care if the perpetrators lose their jobs, families and homes. They should have thought about that before laying hands on a frail old man.

They should never be freed and I hope they rot.

Yours sincerely

A.Hitler.

This world is messed up on 17:50 - Nov 9 with 1887 viewscontroversial_jack

This world is messed up on 15:05 - Nov 9 by Highjack

But this thread is about violent criminals. A 98 year old man was hospitalised in a brutal assault. Now call me “right wing” if you like but I don’t particularly care if the perpetrators lose their jobs, families and homes. They should have thought about that before laying hands on a frail old man.

They should never be freed and I hope they rot.

Yours sincerely

A.Hitler.

Yes, i agree, the topic is about violent criminals, but you know how these threads very often go off track.

You may not care what happens to the prisoners on release, but someone has to look at the bigger picture and unless there is some support or rehabilitation then the cycle starts again and nothing has been accomplished.
This world is messed up on 18:09 - Nov 9 with 1876 viewsSwanjack10

This world is messed up on 17:50 - Nov 9 by controversial_jack

Yes, i agree, the topic is about violent criminals, but you know how these threads very often go off track.

You may not care what happens to the prisoners on release, but someone has to look at the bigger picture and unless there is some support or rehabilitation then the cycle starts again and nothing has been accomplished.

Capital punishment

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

This world is messed up on 18:20 - Nov 9 with 1865 viewscontroversial_jack

This world is messed up on 18:09 - Nov 9 by Swanjack10

Capital punishment

Sharia law. Those Saudis have the right idea, off with their heads on a Sunday morning in Castle gardens
This world is messed up on 19:07 - Nov 9 with 1853 viewsSwanjack10

This world is messed up on 18:20 - Nov 9 by controversial_jack

Sharia law. Those Saudis have the right idea, off with their heads on a Sunday morning in Castle gardens

👌100%

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

This world is messed up on 01:10 - Nov 10 with 1825 viewsDJack

This world is messed up on 10:15 - Nov 9 by Highjack

If they were rehabilitated then it is ok.

See answer above.

Why should they get more help and support to get a job or housing than someone who hasn’t been a criminal? The rest of us don’t get a “support network” to help us along in life.
Yes you did, you got free education and if you lost your job you would have claimed dole.

Why should they get an advantage over the rest of us?
Look at the crying snowflake . Complaining that "he's had 30 baked beans and I only had 25!"...Do you want rehabilitated citizens contributing to the economy or do you want us all to be paying for the VERY expensive incarceration of those who have got lost in life.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This world is messed up on 18:53 - Dec 1 with 1700 views3swan

Sad news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46411792

RIP
This world is messed up on 19:09 - Dec 1 with 1689 viewsCatullus

This world is messed up on 16:14 - Nov 7 by Wingstandwood

They should introduce 'throw away the key prisons' for the worst criminal scum
modelled on some in the Russian system.

Punish them with the basics i,e, one (basic nutritional requirement) meal a day, no TV, no pool table, 3 day maximum family visits per every 3 months, military 'glasshouse' discipline, restriction of privileges... A case of, if you don't behave and you don't get fed or the bed is taken away and you sleep on the floor.

That's what animals that carry out vile crimes like that deserve.

Many, many people would agree with you, myself included. To my mind to be given human rights you have to behave like a human being. If you behave like a psycho monster, get treated like one I say.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This world is messed up on 21:01 - Dec 1 with 1678 viewsjacktar

I've just seen this on BBC website;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-46411533

WTF is our country coming to.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

This world is messed up on 21:07 - Dec 1 with 1673 viewsLeonWasGod

This world is messed up on 21:01 - Dec 1 by jacktar

Crazy. Breakdown of family role models innit. When you’ve got 50 year old twâts fighting at football matches and in City centres at the weeked, it not surprising if their kids are wrong uns. And the cycle then continues.
This world is messed up on 09:50 - Dec 2 with 1642 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This world is messed up on 21:01 - Dec 1 by jacktar

Difficult to believe.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

This world is messed up on 14:02 - Dec 2 with 1627 viewsjackal

This world is messed up on 10:41 - Nov 9 by Highjack

There was an ex SAS guy who was homeless in Hereford. The council wouldn't give him a place.

He was one of the guys who went into the Lybian Embassy and rescued the hostages, saving them from the terrorists.

The publicity on GMB tv got him a house though.

But here's the thing. One of the terrorists is living in a council house.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 14:03]
This world is messed up on 10:37 - Dec 3 with 1589 viewsLeonWasGod

This world is messed up on 10:34 - Nov 9 by pikeypaul

Did anyone watch Gun No. 6 last night? It was a bit odd, re-enacting 11 crime scenes where an individual identifiable gun has been used (never recovered by the police).

Everyone on the programme acting out the various shootings was reformed criminal who served time for gun offences. All now are involved in educating kids and working with young gang members to try and break through the walls of silence that the police face in these communities. Without them things would probably be a lot worse.

Interestingly, the vast majority of offences in which this gun was involved have never been solved. So stricter sentencing alone is only a small part of the problem. Former criminals have a vital role to play in trying to break the cycle of hate and fear before it gets to that stage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024