Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Potter have the balls 14:19 - Nov 8 with 4671 viewsSgorioFruit

To drop that sack of spuds Nordfelt and put Mulder between the sticks on Saturday?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Will Potter have the balls on 07:34 - Nov 9 with 1221 viewsKilkennyjack

As a paying fan u want to watch our best eleven.

Mulder is in the best eleven.

Play the clever tw@@t in the league and you can tumble.

Beware of the Risen People

Will Potter have the balls on 10:01 - Nov 9 with 1162 viewsSgorioFruit

Will Potter have the balls on 07:34 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

As a paying fan u want to watch our best eleven.

Mulder is in the best eleven.

Play the clever tw@@t in the league and you can tumble.

100% correct

-nordfelt is shite
-Poor management decisions from potter

Will Potter have the balls on 10:04 - Nov 9 with 1156 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Will Potter have the balls on 23:10 - Nov 8 by jackrmee

He is not admitting he is wrong at all. If you read yhe sttement from today, he said that Mulder has done nothing wrong and he has spoken to him about why he isn't in the side right now.
He said he is going to give them both a proper stretch in the team to see how they do. He doesn't want to drop people for mistakes. He chose to start with Nordfeldt, so he is continuing that. Mulder will get his chance again.

"He doesn't want to drop people for mistakes."
The first problem with that is Goalkeepers making mistakes cost games, other players not so much.
The second problem with that is it makes the Defenders nervous because they know they can't trust Nordfelt to command HIS area.
Will Potter have the balls on 10:40 - Nov 9 with 1147 viewsWarwickHunt

Will Potter have the balls on 10:04 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

"He doesn't want to drop people for mistakes."
The first problem with that is Goalkeepers making mistakes cost games, other players not so much.
The second problem with that is it makes the Defenders nervous because they know they can't trust Nordfelt to command HIS area.

He shouldn't drop him for mistakes, he should drop him because he repeatedly fails to come for crosses that should be his.
Will Potter have the balls on 11:12 - Nov 9 with 1135 viewsandypitt56

A lot of comments on here about Kris and not having confidence. The only way for him to get confidence is to play games, he has barely played since he joined. Perhaps potter is going to give him time to try and settle. If he continues to make mistakes then he will have no choice but to go with mulder.
Also dont forget that at least 3 goals we have scored have come from his quick distribution.
Will Potter have the balls on 16:22 - Nov 9 with 1074 viewsLeonWasGod

Will Potter have the balls on 23:08 - Nov 8 by jackrmee

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-puzzlin

It'd be interesting to see those updated.

The defence looks less sure to me in front of Nordfelt, but then he has also been very good at times.

It's also well worth listening to Potter discussion the two of them in his pre-match interview this week - he's obviously thinking about a lot of things and has one eye on the future. Which is quite refreshing whether people agree with this decision or not.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 16:22]
Will Potter have the balls on 17:54 - Nov 9 with 1052 viewsjackrmee

Will Potter have the balls on 11:12 - Nov 9 by andypitt56

A lot of comments on here about Kris and not having confidence. The only way for him to get confidence is to play games, he has barely played since he joined. Perhaps potter is going to give him time to try and settle. If he continues to make mistakes then he will have no choice but to go with mulder.
Also dont forget that at least 3 goals we have scored have come from his quick distribution.

I agree with that almost in entirety, but I GP has said he will be going with Mulder at some point. No because he has no choice, but because it is his choice.
Like you said, he is going to give him time to settle and show what he can do. Then he is going to do the same with Mulder. He can then decide which is best going forward and fit in best with the rest of the team.

What will be interesting, is if Kris gets into some form just before Mulder's turn.

To me, this is all very interesting and exciting. We are finding out so much about our players, how they will fit in in the long run, their attributes and faults, their grit and determination, along with how they learn and adapt to GP's tactics and ways.

I totally agree with most on here and would prefer to see Mulder in goal right now, but I am more keen to see a stronger side in future and I am trying to understand and see what GP is trying to do.
Therefore, I am happy to look on as GP does his business.

We may lose a few more games now (not jusst through Kris, but other tactics/ideas which don't work out in the short term), but we will be a lot stronger in future for it.
Long term goals!! We are going to be ripping people apart in a couple of years.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 22:35]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Will Potter have the balls on 19:57 - Nov 9 with 1028 viewsSgorioFruit

Will Potter have the balls on 17:54 - Nov 9 by jackrmee

I agree with that almost in entirety, but I GP has said he will be going with Mulder at some point. No because he has no choice, but because it is his choice.
Like you said, he is going to give him time to settle and show what he can do. Then he is going to do the same with Mulder. He can then decide which is best going forward and fit in best with the rest of the team.

What will be interesting, is if Kris gets into some form just before Mulder's turn.

To me, this is all very interesting and exciting. We are finding out so much about our players, how they will fit in in the long run, their attributes and faults, their grit and determination, along with how they learn and adapt to GP's tactics and ways.

I totally agree with most on here and would prefer to see Mulder in goal right now, but I am more keen to see a stronger side in future and I am trying to understand and see what GP is trying to do.
Therefore, I am happy to look on as GP does his business.

We may lose a few more games now (not jusst through Kris, but other tactics/ideas which don't work out in the short term), but we will be a lot stronger in future for it.
Long term goals!! We are going to be ripping people apart in a couple of years.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 22:35]

until Potter gets snapped up to go manage somewhere else at the end of the season.

I admire your positivity, but there seems to be less and less long term planning in football these days, due to the above status constantly happening.

Login to get fewer ads

Will Potter have the balls on 21:04 - Nov 9 with 1004 viewsGlyn1

Will Potter have the balls on 10:01 - Nov 9 by SgorioFruit

100% correct

-nordfelt is shite
-Poor management decisions from potter

But the trouble is, is that he isn't shite and is above average for this division. He's also not the most accident prone keeper that we've had in the last 10 years, step forward and take a bow Gerhardt Tremmel.

One of Nordfeldt and Mulder will be moving on in January.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Will Potter have the balls on 22:39 - Nov 9 with 980 viewsjackrmee

Will Potter have the balls on 19:57 - Nov 9 by SgorioFruit

until Potter gets snapped up to go manage somewhere else at the end of the season.

I admire your positivity, but there seems to be less and less long term planning in football these days, due to the above status constantly happening.

I think Potter will stay until his contract ends (unless someone offers silly money to the Yanks). And then he'll sign a new deal as we'll be in the Prem.
I am a sickeningly positive kunt I admit.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024