Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter press conference 04:56 - Nov 9 with 1589 viewsLoyal

Nordvelt is number one and that's that. My interpretation for now anyway.
Bony to travel to Bolton. Everyone has man flu.
Rotherham lessons learned.
Roberts new contract is under discussion.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter press conference on 09:55 - Nov 9 with 1440 viewsA_Fans_Dad

In no way, shape or form is Nordfelt actually Number 1, unless it is on his wages, because it certainly isn't on any ability or form.
Potter press conference on 10:38 - Nov 9 with 1410 viewsLoyal

Potter press conference on 09:55 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

In no way, shape or form is Nordfelt actually Number 1, unless it is on his wages, because it certainly isn't on any ability or form.

There is clearly an issue as Potter is citing ' all round' ability.
Could mean anything including behaviour, professionalism etc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter press conference on 11:19 - Nov 9 with 1363 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter press conference on 10:38 - Nov 9 by Loyal

There is clearly an issue as Potter is citing ' all round' ability.
Could mean anything including behaviour, professionalism etc.

If I was Mulder, after his great performances and Nordfelt's crap ones I would be really pissed if Nordfelt continues to play instead of me.
As should the rest of the team, having their hard work undone by such poor goalkeeping must be soul destroying.
Potter press conference on 11:54 - Nov 9 with 1311 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter press conference on 11:19 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

If I was Mulder, after his great performances and Nordfelt's crap ones I would be really pissed if Nordfelt continues to play instead of me.
As should the rest of the team, having their hard work undone by such poor goalkeeping must be soul destroying.

It's certainly one of his stranger decisions. Nordfelt is a decent enough keeper for this league, but when Mulder showed he was more assured and gave a confidence to the back line it's a bit odd to not give him more game time. Even if Nordfelt is a better footballer that counts for nothing if we concede 1, 2, 3 goals a game because of basic errors.

I assume Potter knows a little bit more than most of us about it though.
Potter press conference on 12:00 - Nov 9 with 1298 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter press conference on 11:54 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

It's certainly one of his stranger decisions. Nordfelt is a decent enough keeper for this league, but when Mulder showed he was more assured and gave a confidence to the back line it's a bit odd to not give him more game time. Even if Nordfelt is a better footballer that counts for nothing if we concede 1, 2, 3 goals a game because of basic errors.

Why do you assume that?
Other Foorball Managers have shown "blind spots" over players, why should he be any different
Potter press conference on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 1288 viewsjack247

Potter press conference on 11:54 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

We don’t concede 1,2,3 goals per game due to basic errors though. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the team if we did. I can only think of two howlers, the penalty at Rotherham and the Ipswich winner. Prior to Saturday, he’d conceded one in two games and that was a penalty.

If it was down to me, I’d play Mulder, as he is bigger and more commanding. Potter seems to prefer Nordfeldt because, like it or not, he does allow us to play out from the back and is an extra passing option for our defence.

Very different keepers with different strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think the difference in quality is as much as some are making out.
Potter press conference on 12:38 - Nov 9 with 1228 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter press conference on 12:00 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Why do you assume that?
Other Foorball Managers have shown "blind spots" over players, why should he be any different

He's a fully qualified coach, with years of experience and sees them every day. We watch from the stands for 90 minutes. He could of course have a blind spot though, don't disagree. But I certainly wouldn't presume to know more than him!
Potter press conference on 12:45 - Nov 9 with 1220 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter press conference on 12:05 - Nov 9 by jack247

We don’t concede 1,2,3 goals per game due to basic errors though. He wouldn’t be anywhere near the team if we did. I can only think of two howlers, the penalty at Rotherham and the Ipswich winner. Prior to Saturday, he’d conceded one in two games and that was a penalty.

If it was down to me, I’d play Mulder, as he is bigger and more commanding. Potter seems to prefer Nordfeldt because, like it or not, he does allow us to play out from the back and is an extra passing option for our defence.

Very different keepers with different strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think the difference in quality is as much as some are making out.

Maybe I've over-emphasised that then. But there are enough mistakes. it's not just the howlers - plenty of times he's not confident dealing with crosses, it can't be helping the defence at all. I understand the rest, and it's obviously Potter's decision to go with the better footballer. I like that philosophy in principle; I'm just not sure his hesitancy with balls in the box is a price worth paying.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter press conference on 12:53 - Nov 9 with 1203 viewsjack247

Potter press conference on 12:45 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

Maybe I've over-emphasised that then. But there are enough mistakes. it's not just the howlers - plenty of times he's not confident dealing with crosses, it can't be helping the defence at all. I understand the rest, and it's obviously Potter's decision to go with the better footballer. I like that philosophy in principle; I'm just not sure his hesitancy with balls in the box is a price worth paying.

I don’t disagree with that, Mulder is certainly more commanding. As I said, I’d pick him too. Just think there’s a bit of a witch hunt on at the moment (in general, not from you) and I don’t think Nordfeldt is anywhere near as bad as people are making out.
Potter press conference on 12:56 - Nov 9 with 1199 views34dfgdf54

Potter press conference on 12:53 - Nov 9 by jack247

I don’t disagree with that, Mulder is certainly more commanding. As I said, I’d pick him too. Just think there’s a bit of a witch hunt on at the moment (in general, not from you) and I don’t think Nordfeldt is anywhere near as bad as people are making out.

Agree with 247 with this one. I’d go for Mulder on this years form, but there’s a definite witch hunt going on, the amount of criticism he somehow got for Tammy’s goal shows that.
Potter press conference on 13:01 - Nov 9 with 1190 viewsjasper_T

Potter press conference on 12:05 - Nov 9 by jack247

Were our defenders not passing to Mulder, then? Were we not playing out of the back in the 9 games Mulder played?
Potter press conference on 13:15 - Nov 9 with 1151 viewsjack247

Potter press conference on 13:01 - Nov 9 by jasper_T

Were our defenders not passing to Mulder, then? Were we not playing out of the back in the 9 games Mulder played?

Yes, he just wasn’t as comfortable receiving ball to feet and his distribution wasn’t as good, which puts more pressure on the defence if we are trying to build from the back. Just like Nordfeldt catches crosses sometimes, just not as well or often as Mulder.
Potter press conference on 22:52 - Nov 9 with 923 viewsjackrmee

Potter press conference on 12:45 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

GP has come out and said, it's not because of mistakes, it's not that he's going with the netter footballer, he doesn't have a number 1...he simply is giving each goalkeeper a genuine run in the side and will then give the other one a go. Mulder will get his chance to show what he can do.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter press conference on 03:44 - Nov 10 with 847 viewsjack247

Potter press conference on 22:52 - Nov 9 by jackrmee

GP has come out and said, it's not because of mistakes, it's not that he's going with the netter footballer, he doesn't have a number 1...he simply is giving each goalkeeper a genuine run in the side and will then give the other one a go. Mulder will get his chance to show what he can do.

It’s easier for him to give a diplomatic answer like that than just say Nordfeldt is my number one at the moment, particularly when there is a little bit of pressure from fans to play Mulder and the media are pressing it. Mulder may get another run of games, but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t.
Potter press conference on 06:32 - Nov 10 with 813 viewsangryjack

Potter press conference on 13:15 - Nov 9 by jack247

Yes, he just wasn’t as comfortable receiving ball to feet and his distribution wasn’t as good, which puts more pressure on the defence if we are trying to build from the back. Just like Nordfeldt catches crosses sometimes, just not as well or often as Mulder.

Disagree thought Mulder was ok with his feet but a keepers Maine job is to command their area and keep goals out and give their back line confidence don't see nordfelt doing that leave the playing to the outfield players as long as the keeper does what he's paid to do would rather a keeper commanding his area than worrying what he can do with his feet if it's costing us as it is
Potter press conference on 07:31 - Nov 10 with 776 viewsyescomeon

I'm not sure it's true that Nordfeldt's distribution is better either. The few times this season he's kicked it long and it's gone straight into touch. I remember being quite impressed with Mulder's long kicking.

Shorter distribution though Nordfeldt is good in fairness. I'm just watching the Rotherham match and there is a moment in the first half where Nordfeldt fumbles the ball trying to pick it up under no pressure. He's clumsy with his hands. Not a good thing to be for a goalkeeper. I understand what Potter is trying to do, but if we are going to do that, we need a better 'keeper.

Upthecity!

Potter press conference on 07:48 - Nov 10 with 762 viewsjackrmee

Potter press conference on 03:44 - Nov 10 by jack247

It’s easier for him to give a diplomatic answer like that than just say Nordfeldt is my number one at the moment, particularly when there is a little bit of pressure from fans to play Mulder and the media are pressing it. Mulder may get another run of games, but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

I think it would be easier for GP to just say that Nordfeldt is number 1 instead of explaining all that stuff.
And I will definitely be surprised if Mulder doesn't get a run in the side. I will also be very disappointed that GP has lied. I definitely don't think this is the case. Sems to me that GP is trying especially hard to tell the truth to us. He could have just said "wait and see", or "fans have to trust the system", or something cryptic like most other managers would say.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter press conference on 14:22 - Nov 10 with 679 viewsjack247

Potter press conference on 03:44 - Nov 10 by jack247

Oh well, shows what I know
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024