Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... 15:47 - Nov 9 with 6604 views_

....yet no one on here thought it wise to pick up on that point.

I must say, I'm not surprised.

All those saying how pissed off he is/was, including and especially Lisa, and it's him behind the decision in the first place.

Form an orderly queue for your apology..... Lisa can start us off.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 19:24 - Nov 9 with 1179 viewsperplex

It,s time you get yourself help in achieving that third orgasam as you seem to be getting even more frustrated.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 19:26 - Nov 9 with 1173 viewsChief

So all along its been Potter that's been making the 'tough decisions' and administering 'the hard medicine' then? The narrative peddled by the usual suspects on here though has been that it was those lovely sensible American owners that were safeguarding the future of the club? Somethings not adding up is it?

And by saying 'we let 3 defenders leave' he was obviously referring to the Swansea City football club

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 21:17 - Nov 9 with 1088 viewsCatullus

He was being responsible, level headed and pragmatic. He was saying the right things. I would say he was pointing us towards collective responsibility rather than outright saying it was his choice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 22:32 - Nov 9 with 1033 viewsjackrmee

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:50 - Nov 9 by NeathJack

Letting them go is one thing.

Letting them go for a price so low that he was unable to get in the player he wanted to add to the squad, is another thing altogether.

Doesn't matter if we got £20m for them, we still wouldn't have bought Woods. They said it didn't seem good value to them, which is fair enough. If he was cheaper they would have bought him, not if they had more money to spend.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 00:09 - Nov 10 with 984 viewsCooperman

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 21:17 - Nov 9 by Catullus

He was being responsible, level headed and pragmatic. He was saying the right things. I would say he was pointing us towards collective responsibility rather than outright saying it was his choice.

Is the correct answer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 01:35 - Nov 10 with 955 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 21:17 - Nov 9 by Catullus

Yes.

But also illustrating how involved he was in the decision making.

That's the point here.

So, so many bleated on, especially a couple who have posted in this thread, that Potter was going to walk, or will walk when the kids are sold from under him, when all along, in a question about who his first choice goalkeeper is he answers it by saying sometimes he may not always get a decision right....

But like in the Summer, when the fans were moaning we only had one centre back, well, we wouldn't have seen the emergence of Rodon, that was his answer.

There's a message there but some will be too dull to see it.

The message is the fans don't always get it right either.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 07:57 - Nov 10 with 895 viewsjackrmee

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 01:35 - Nov 10 by _

Yes.

That's the point here.

So, so many bleated on, especially a couple who have posted in this thread, that Potter was going to walk, or will walk when the kids are sold from under him, when all along, in a question about who his first choice goalkeeper is he answers it by saying sometimes he may not always get a decision right....

But like in the Summer, when the fans were moaning we only had one centre back, well, we wouldn't have seen the emergence of Rodon, that was his answer.

He did walk didn't he? And had to get persuaded to come back into the building?!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 08:27 - Nov 10 with 871 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 07:57 - Nov 10 by jackrmee

He did walk didn't he? And had to get persuaded to come back into the building?!

Was walking down the M4 when Huw Lake picked him up I heard.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 08:59 - Nov 10 with 859 views_

But Cat, it's not collective responsibility who he picks in goals. And that's why he even brought up the centre back issue.

Who he picks in goals is down to just him and maybe his coaches.

He doesn't get the boardroom involved in that decision.

He knew he had a job to do in the Summer in shifting out the big earners and he was involved all the way in making the decisions.

That's what he said. No more. No less.

Which is nothing like it was reported on here.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:03 - Nov 10 with 852 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 08:27 - Nov 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Was walking down the M4 when Huw Lake picked him up I heard.

Bollocks! A tandem on the M4?
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:21 - Nov 10 with 838 viewsFireboy2

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 08:59 - Nov 10 by _

But Cat, it's not collective responsibility who he picks in goals. And that's why he even brought up the centre back issue.

He knew he had a job to do in the Summer in shifting out the big earners and he was involved all the way in making the decisions.

You think he was involved in getting rid of the big earners chris?

I dont think so,they were going no matter who was in charge

Hes done a fantastic job with the players at his disposal,the young uns have been the stand out players
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:45 - Nov 10 with 810 viewsdobjack2

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 01:35 - Nov 10 by _

Yes.

That's the point here.

Mawson Amat Bartley and Fernandez were all going to go as they all wanted to be somewhere else and we could get some money for them.

The question was always going to be how they were replaced. I assume that a decision had been made early to get a loan centre half in with the U23 centre halves providing cover.

Joe however has seized his opportunity much as Ben did before him and we now have 3 centre halves - a gamble but a calculated one that looks to have worked out.

We appeared to go the opposite way with wingers. Brought in 2 who have had little impact so far, haven’t moved dyer or routledge on, montero is montero with his injuries and our most dangerous player who is regularly fit is Dan. - 6 wide players with others in the squad that can play wide as well.

Not everything works out and the manager does get it wrong as well.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:46 - Nov 10 with 810 viewsCatullus

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 08:59 - Nov 10 by _

He has the final say in who plays on matchdays but I doubt he has the final say in who gets sold. Collective responsibility doesn't mean he can over rule the owners it just means he has input.
Rodon's breakthrough wasn't because Potter said get rid of Fernandez, Bartley and Mawson but because they were sold he needed to use whoever was at his disposal. He looked at his resources and picked the team.
Collective responsibility means accepting a share of the blame even if you disagree with the decision. As we've seen with the government, take your medicine or walk away is how it works.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:51 - Nov 10 with 807 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:21 - Nov 10 by Fireboy2

Hes done a fantastic job with the players at his disposal,the young uns have been the stand out players

I know he was Ted.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:52 - Nov 10 with 805 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:21 - Nov 10 by Fireboy2

And by that I meant he endorsed every transfer.

Of course players wanted to leave though, but that's as far from the point here as you could be.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:57 - Nov 10 with 801 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:46 - Nov 10 by Catullus

He has the final say in who plays on matchdays but I doubt he has the final say in who gets sold. Collective responsibility doesn't mean he can over rule the owners it just means he has input.
Rodon's breakthrough wasn't because Potter said get rid of Fernandez, Bartley and Mawson but because they were sold he needed to use whoever was at his disposal. He looked at his resources and picked the team.
Collective responsibility means accepting a share of the blame even if you disagree with the decision. As we've seen with the government, take your medicine or walk away is how it works.

But you're missing the point just slightly.

Yes those players wanted and we needed them to go, no one should be disputing that.

It's the bit that Potter knew all along they were going to go and he was 'happy' with them going ie sanctioned the deals.

When the Board sat down with Potter in July they all knew EXACTLY the plan in front of them....

And now we're at the situation where Potter is even taking credit for the famous 'centre back issue' that had so, SO many fans up in arms around that time.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 10:08 - Nov 10 with 789 viewsCatullus

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:57 - Nov 10 by _

But you're missing the point just slightly.

Yes those players wanted and we needed them to go, no one should be disputing that.

It's the bit that Potter knew all along they were going to go and he was 'happy' with them going ie sanctioned the deals.

When the Board sat down with Potter in July they all knew EXACTLY the plan in front of them....

And now we're at the situation where Potter is even taking credit for the famous 'centre back issue' that had so, SO many fans up in arms around that time.

I don't think he necessarily was happy with all the choices made but he had two choices, accept it or walk away. He would have known a lot of players would leave but to have what looked like his first choice CB sold with no time or prospect of replacing him, what could he do? As I said, collective responsibility, it happened and he dealt with it.
Taking a share of the blame is actually a good move, it helps to diffuse (even more) what has been a poisonous atmosphere AND it makes him look even better.

You could call it a masterstroke of PR.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 10:19 - Nov 10 with 777 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 10:08 - Nov 10 by Catullus

I don't think he necessarily was happy with all the choices made but he had two choices, accept it or walk away. He would have known a lot of players would leave but to have what looked like his first choice CB sold with no time or prospect of replacing him, what could he do? As I said, collective responsibility, it happened and he dealt with it.
Taking a share of the blame is actually a good move, it helps to diffuse (even more) what has been a poisonous atmosphere AND it makes him look even better.

You could call it a masterstroke of PR.

Bloody hell Cat, he knew all the way. There was no 'walking away'

He knew the job in hand and he got on with it.

Fede leaving... He bloody knew mun.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 10:53 - Nov 10 with 740 viewsbuilthjack

All will come out in the wash. It make take years though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 11:20 - Nov 10 with 720 viewsFireboy2

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:52 - Nov 10 by _

And by that I meant he endorsed every transfer.

Of course players wanted to leave though, but that's as far from the point here as you could be.

Of course he will endorse the transfers,they are his employers,he isnt going to rock the boat is he and aa ive said he probably knew who was going to be sold,he isnt stupid
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 11:22 - Nov 10 with 715 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why does the OP want to BLAME Potter? Potter seems to be a doing a good job in difficult circumstances.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 11:40]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 11:28 - Nov 10 with 702 viewsLoyal

Skewed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 13:42 - Nov 11 with 568 viewsCatullus

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 10:19 - Nov 10 by _

Bloody hell Cat, he knew all the way. There was no 'walking away'

He knew the job in hand and he got on with it.

Fede leaving... He bloody knew mun.

Knowing and accepting are one thing but taking the blame? He's not taken the blame, he didn't come here saying yes sell everyone you can and I'll manage, he's come here knowing that if a senior player can be sold he probably will be and knowing he'll have to deal with the consequences. Then he just waited to see who he was left with.

There is no way Potter came in and decided he'd be ok with one senior CB, one senior striker with limited first team experience and a 17 year old for back up.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 14:00 - Nov 11 with 557 views34dfgdf54

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 13:42 - Nov 11 by Catullus

Knowing and accepting are one thing but taking the blame? He's not taken the blame, he didn't come here saying yes sell everyone you can and I'll manage, he's come here knowing that if a senior player can be sold he probably will be and knowing he'll have to deal with the consequences. Then he just waited to see who he was left with.

There is no way Potter came in and decided he'd be ok with one senior CB, one senior striker with limited first team experience and a 17 year old for back up.

I think the only thing Potter was genuinely p*ssed off with was the failure to sign Woods.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 14:06 - Nov 11 with 547 viewsjackrmee

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 09:45 - Nov 10 by dobjack2

Mawson Amat Bartley and Fernandez were all going to go as they all wanted to be somewhere else and we could get some money for them.

The question was always going to be how they were replaced. I assume that a decision had been made early to get a loan centre half in with the U23 centre halves providing cover.

Joe however has seized his opportunity much as Ben did before him and we now have 3 centre halves - a gamble but a calculated one that looks to have worked out.

We appeared to go the opposite way with wingers. Brought in 2 who have had little impact so far, haven’t moved dyer or routledge on, montero is montero with his injuries and our most dangerous player who is regularly fit is Dan. - 6 wide players with others in the squad that can play wide as well.

Not everything works out and the manager does get it wrong as well.

And he admits to getting it wrong, and even says that he doesn't care about that. He expects to get things wrong and he's happy with that as long as he learns from it.
He wants the players to think exactly the same way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024