Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... 15:47 - Nov 9 with 6601 views_

....yet no one on here thought it wise to pick up on that point.

I must say, I'm not surprised.

All those saying how pissed off he is/was, including and especially Lisa, and it's him behind the decision in the first place.

Form an orderly queue for your apology..... Lisa can start us off.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 15:58 - Nov 9 with 3713 viewsandypitt56

I read what he said, he didn't take the blame as your are suggesting I would say he was diplomatic. He is not going to come out and say that I thought we severely weakened our squad with the fire sale. He basically said we are lucky that players like Joe have stepped up.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:08 - Nov 9 with 3654 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 15:58 - Nov 9 by andypitt56

I read what he said, he didn't take the blame as your are suggesting I would say he was diplomatic. He is not going to come out and say that I thought we severely weakened our squad with the fire sale. He basically said we are lucky that players like Joe have stepped up.

Err no he didn't and I'd suggest you listen to him pal.

And listen carefully.....

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:09 - Nov 9 with 3647 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:08 - Nov 9 by _

11 minutes in...

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:17 - Nov 9 with 3599 viewsCaptain_Sham

Sounds like hes talking about HIS decisions ...

Its just a ride.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:21 - Nov 9 with 3591 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:17 - Nov 9 by Captain_Sham

Without a shadow of doubt.

In fact, he's actually bragging about it to a certain degree, and why not.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:23 - Nov 9 with 3580 viewsandypitt56

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:08 - Nov 9 by _

Fair enough maybe you are right, If i have interpreted it wrong then it is bad summarising from journo's.

"Some might say we were wrong to let centre-backs go at the start of this season but it allowed Joe Rodon to come in."

That is the comment i read.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:27 - Nov 9 with 3556 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:17 - Nov 9 by Captain_Sham

It implies that, but a royal "we" could also mean anything. We'd be naive to think he had much choice. If a bid came in that matched the board's valuation and the players wanted to go, they were going to go whether Potter wanted them or not.

He was obviously sorry to lose Fed as he picked him and praised him to the hilt for being a pro and playing well ahead of his move.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:28 - Nov 9 with 3556 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:23 - Nov 9 by andypitt56

Fair enough maybe you are right, If i have interpreted it wrong then it is bad summarising from journo's.

"Some might say we were wrong to let centre-backs go at the start of this season but it allowed Joe Rodon to come in."

That is the comment i read.

Yes but he's deflecting away from the criticism (or line of questioning from Wathan) suggesting he's making a mistake in choosing Nordvelt by saying some decisions you get right, some you don't.... And with selling the centre backs vindicating himself for the emergence of Rodon.

Login to get fewer ads

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:30 - Nov 9 with 3540 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:27 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

It implies that, but a royal "we" could also mean anything. We'd be naive to think he had much choice. If a bid came in that matched the board's valuation and the players wanted to go, they were going to go whether Potter wanted them or not.

He was obviously sorry to lose Fed as he picked him and praised him to the hilt for being a pro and playing well ahead of his move.

Here we go again, along they come to call him a liar.

It's Potter himself suggesting the selling of the centre backs was his call and that he was happy to go into the season with what he had.

And the point being, this is in total contrast to the bollocks reported on here by our so called fans.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:38 - Nov 9 with 3488 viewsDarran

Anyone that thinks it was down to Potter to leave us down to one senior centre back really needs to pack it in.

On a side note does T2C believe the keepers are on an equal footing because he’s been telling us for weeks they aren’t.

Someone ask him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:40 - Nov 9 with 3481 views34dfgdf54

Fair enough with that one Chris. Was he also telling the truth in regards to the keepers then?

Edit - can I just say aswell, I was one of the ones who slagged off the board for not replacing Fede, was wrong, and “apologise”. I’m also warming to how the yanks and potter are going about this season and if I had to vote again on your poll, I’d answer differently. As you know, opinions can change in time.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 16:43]
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:42 - Nov 9 with 3469 viewsHighjack

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:30 - Nov 9 by _

It's Potter himself suggesting the selling of the centre backs was his call and that he was happy to go into the season with what he had.

And the point being, this is in total contrast to the bollocks reported on here by our so called fans.

If it was his call there are two potential scenarios.

1. Potter said to the board “Federico, Jordi and Kyle are bloody useless and I want them gone pronto”

B. The board said to Potter “we want to sell these players can we go ahead and do that?” And Potter said yes.

I think B is far more likely considering Potters high praise for Fernandez in the Sheffield United game and the fact he was actually picked speaks volumes. To say it was his call is going a bit too far, if he really had the choice I imagine he would have kept Fernandez at least, although he probably wouldn’t have lost sleep over the others.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:47 - Nov 9 with 3432 viewsCaptain_Sham

I think the main clue that he was talking about his decisions was when he said the words "my" and "decisions" consecutively in a sentence.

Its just a ride.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:01 - Nov 9 with 3389 viewsDr_Winston

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:47 - Nov 9 by Captain_Sham

I think the main clue that he was talking about his decisions was when he said the words "my" and "decisions" consecutively in a sentence.

That generally tends to cover it.

Anyone still pushing the narrative that Potter was a helpless dupe sitting crying in the corner of his office as player after player left the club really needs to stop. This isn't the first time he's claimed a big part in the summer sales.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:25 - Nov 9 with 3295 viewsswan65split

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:47 - Nov 9 by Captain_Sham

I think he says my and "They"
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:41 - Nov 9 with 3244 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:40 - Nov 9 by 34dfgdf54

Fair enough with that one Chris. Was he also telling the truth in regards to the keepers then?

Edit - can I just say aswell, I was one of the ones who slagged off the board for not replacing Fede, was wrong, and “apologise”. I’m also warming to how the yanks and potter are going about this season and if I had to vote again on your poll, I’d answer differently. As you know, opinions can change in time.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 16:43]

No problem Blaine mate and there's nothing wrong in being wrong or changing your mind. As you know I've done it many times myself

What do you mean telling the truth about the keepers?

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:59 - Nov 9 with 3186 viewssioni

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 16:30 - Nov 9 by _

I think you should finally give up trying to finesse a hand that was played out months ago. At the time of apparent negotiations for one or two new players Potter mentioned a couple of times that the then present team or lads needed some help.

He did not get it and he has moved on. He is not about to flog any dead horses. You are an intelligent man so you should be able to.learn from him.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:02 - Nov 9 with 3181 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:01 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

That generally tends to cover it.

Anyone still pushing the narrative that Potter was a helpless dupe sitting crying in the corner of his office as player after player left the club really needs to stop. This isn't the first time he's claimed a big part in the summer sales.

Is anyone saying that? (I’m not sure what point scoring is going on here and who the Res is trying to prove wrong, or why).

We obviously sold players and some of those would probably have been outside of Potter’s control to stop. Fab knew he was off when we Carlos was still here, for example. It happens to pretty much every club that goes down. PL quality players will be wanted by other clubs. Simple as.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:17 - Nov 9 with 3124 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 17:59 - Nov 9 by sioni

I think you should finally give up trying to finesse a hand that was played out months ago. At the time of apparent negotiations for one or two new players Potter mentioned a couple of times that the then present team or lads needed some help.

He did not get it and he has moved on. He is not about to flog any dead horses. You are an intelligent man so you should be able to.learn from him.

Are you trying to make some kind of point here as if so it's gone over my head?

Isn't it painfully obvious whilst being in for new recruits that the team or squad needs help?

What's that got to do with the fact Potter is behind the decisions mentioned in this thread and the same ones the usual suspects said he'd 'walk' for because players were being sold from beneath him?

I am an intelligent man so I hope for an intelligent reply?

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:23 - Nov 9 with 3093 views_

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:02 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

Is anyone saying that? (I’m not sure what point scoring is going on here and who the Res is trying to prove wrong, or why).

We obviously sold players and some of those would probably have been outside of Potter’s control to stop. Fab knew he was off when we Carlos was still here, for example. It happens to pretty much every club that goes down. PL quality players will be wanted by other clubs. Simple as.

Are you stupid or what? Actually don't answer that, I know you are.

But if you're trying to pathetically airbrush the summers hysteria from the record books then I'd say that's a pretty futile exercise, it's all on here for all to read.

Just type in Magicflaps or Icecoldjack to name but two and fill your dumbass boots.

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:28 - Nov 9 with 3071 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Someone has had a bad day.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:38 - Nov 9 with 3042 viewsFireboy2

Just watched it and to me he says that decisions he makes are sometimes right and sometimes wrong which is fair enough but he then goes onto say that WE let 3 centre halves go and joe stepped up,to me when he says WE hes being diplomatic to the owners who obviously had to get rid of the bigger earners,we dont know what exactly was said to GP at his interview,who they wanted rid of and who they wanted to keep,all i can say is they are lucky that vdh has been a great leader,played alot of mins and hasnt been injured also that Joe has been a revelation,i think that they were counting on cbr to provide the 2nd striker option but obviously GP doesnt think hes upto it

Anyway onwards and upwards,hope that bony and montero come good tomorrow and we bag the 3pts

COYJB
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:50 - Nov 9 with 3014 viewsNeathJack

Letting them go is one thing.

Letting them go for a price so low that he was unable to get in the player he wanted to add to the squad, is another thing altogether.
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:55 - Nov 9 with 2989 viewsFireboy2

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:50 - Nov 9 by NeathJack

Letting them go is one thing.

Letting them go for a price so low that he was unable to get in the player he wanted to add to the squad, is another thing altogether.

Perhaps NJ but we will never know

As far aa im concerned its done with,i wont get wound up by the owners and their hsngers on

Lets get on with supporting the team not the regime
Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 19:15 - Nov 9 with 2932 viewsDippy

Potter takes blame for selling Centre Back's in the Summer.... on 18:55 - Nov 9 by Fireboy2

Perhaps NJ but we will never know

As far aa im concerned its done with,i wont get wound up by the owners and their hsngers on

Lets get on with supporting the team not the regime

T2C the American loyalist.. we all know what he stands for.. ever since that meeting with Leigh Dineen he's jumped on that bandwagon.

Next Level!

Poll: Cooper Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024