Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. 21:43 - Nov 9 with 2687 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Absolutely brilliant, whoever decided to change it should be rewarded with a medal.
I have been using this junction for the last 30 years and i've seen many many near misses/idiots pulling out of the junction forcing oncoming traffic to either swerve or stop/queues the length of Pentremawr Road waiting for the car at the front to turn right past Maggie Dicks, absolute nightmare until now; well done whoever you are, you get the 👍from me.
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:45 - Nov 9 with 2677 viewsMuteswan

Still some idiots turning right there, saw quite a few this week.
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:47 - Nov 9 with 2671 viewsraynor94

Trouble is it's now causing problems at the mini roundabout outside the Cwmfelin estate at busy times

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:49 - Nov 9 with 2661 viewsMuteswan

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:47 - Nov 9 by raynor94

Trouble is it's now causing problems at the mini roundabout outside the Cwmfelin estate at busy times

It would help if people didn’t park on the double yellows outside the chippy too.
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:51 - Nov 9 with 2652 viewsraynor94

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:49 - Nov 9 by Muteswan

It would help if people didn’t park on the double yellows outside the chippy too.

100% agree

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:51 - Nov 9 with 2650 viewsAndy1300

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:45 - Nov 9 by Muteswan

Still some idiots turning right there, saw quite a few this week.

Yes they do, seen a few myself, selfish twunts

Much better flow of traffic now though.

Was nearly T-Boned at the roundabout though, idiot not looking at indicators and just ploughed through

Number 1 team in Wales

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:53 - Nov 9 with 2645 viewsjack2jack

What improvement have they made, haven't been down that way for a while?
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:08 - Nov 9 with 2619 viewsraynor94

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:51 - Nov 9 by Andy1300

Yes they do, seen a few myself, selfish twunts

Much better flow of traffic now though.

Was nearly T-Boned at the roundabout though, idiot not looking at indicators and just ploughed through

Exactly what I was saying

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:09 - Nov 9 with 2613 viewsAndy1300

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:53 - Nov 9 by jack2jack

No right turn onto Llangyfelach Road, everyone has to go down to roundabout and U-Turn

Traffic flows much better, not had any queues this week

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:13 - Nov 9 with 2601 viewsMuteswan

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 21:53 - Nov 9 by jack2jack

There is now no right turn at the junction of Pentre Mawr Rd and Llangyfelach Rd.You now have to turn left and turn right around at the mini roundabout to go back up Llangyfelach Rd.

Sorry too long replying, had to draw the map by hand. 😉
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 22:15]
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:19 - Nov 9 with 2576 viewsjack2jack

Thanks chaps, that would make sense, that right turn was a bit of a mare.
I'm guessing they will monitor it, to see how it goes👍
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:25 - Nov 9 with 2563 viewsDr_Winston

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:19 - Nov 9 by jack2jack

Thanks chaps, that would make sense, that right turn was a bit of a mare.
I'm guessing they will monitor it, to see how it goes👍

Seems like the sort of traffic management thing that doesn't need to be 24/7.

Sure, when everyone is using those roads as a rat run then have a system. For the rest of the day there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to just turn right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:33 - Nov 9 with 2547 viewsjack2jack

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:25 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Sure, when everyone is using those roads as a rat run then have a system. For the rest of the day there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to just turn right.

I sort of agree, same with traffic lights, they could be turned off in some places during certain times.
Having said that it could cause confusion to motorists, and a whole heap of signing and traffic orders.Best to keep it simple maybe.Youll still get tvvats flouting the rules whichever way.
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 09:12 - Nov 10 with 2396 viewsCatullus

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:25 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Because people are stupid and forget or ignore the change in instruction!!

The problem with Swansea is, you can't make more room on most roads so you don't solve a problem you just move it. That and the stupid, selfish, ignorant drivers who ignore the rules and do as they please..

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 09:41 - Nov 10 with 2373 viewsjackal

I remember a few years ago when they put traffic lights there. The tail back was back to Dyfatty lights.

They took them down again after a couple of days. Makes you wonder what genius on the council was responsible. Obviously no research was done.
New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 13:58 - Nov 10 with 2279 viewsAndy1300

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 09:41 - Nov 10 by jackal

I remember a few years ago when they put traffic lights there. The tail back was back to Dyfatty lights.

They took them down again after a couple of days. Makes you wonder what genius on the council was responsible. Obviously no research was done.

All it needs is a mini roundabout, problem solved then

Number 1 team in Wales

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 20:19 - Nov 14 with 2002 viewsSwanjack10

The knock on effect from this idea is just ridiculous,who ever thought of that needs a good shoeing,the council should rebate us tax👀

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 22:36 - Nov 14 with 1930 viewsAndy1300

New road junction Pentre Mawr Rd/ Llangyfelach Road. on 20:19 - Nov 14 by Swanjack10

The knock on effect from this idea is just ridiculous,who ever thought of that needs a good shoeing,the council should rebate us tax👀

What is the knock on effect?

I use that road every day and there are no queues now, everything flows much better

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024