Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Usyk v Bellew 11:30 - Nov 10 with 6565 viewsswanjackal

Actually looks a decent card right through. Followed by a decent UFC card after, going to be a late one tonight/tomorrow morning.

That being said I can't look at Usyk without thinking "Good god, Steve Buscemi is looking super buff these days"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Usyk v Bellew on 10:21 - Nov 11 with 1040 viewsPozuelosSideys

Usyk v Bellew on 09:44 - Nov 11 by Darran

I’m not much of a boxing fan these days because most fights are shit but many people on twitter last night were saying Bellew was a great and had a brilliant career.
I’d never heard much about him before the first Haye fight so is he really a great?

Bellew lost to Cleverly in the first fight and struggled to get him out of there in the second despite being hugely weight drained.

Bellew folded against Chickenson in Canada like a cheap suit - pathetic.

Was losing the first fight against Haye up until he snapped his ACL, then everyone thought he was a God after beating him in the 2nd, despite Haye being unable to throw any of his best punches due to an elbow which doesnt extend properly and his ACL being made of paper

His best wins are Masternak - who is bang average. And Makubu who was a nobody and it showed.

Bellew is not a great. He has a big mouth, thats all. But there are many, many casual fans out there who do as SKY tell them too and buy PPV and then support these below average fighters. Much like you see all these plastic SKY armchair football fans - same people

Its been a long time since i laughed so hard at a British fighter getting sparked like that. Bellew is a cnt.

Usky on the other hand is an absolute gentleman, serious world class and future HOF'er
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 10:24]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Usyk v Bellew on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 1011 viewsexiledclaseboy

Usyk v Bellew on 10:21 - Nov 11 by PozuelosSideys

Bellew lost to Cleverly in the first fight and struggled to get him out of there in the second despite being hugely weight drained.

Bellew folded against Chickenson in Canada like a cheap suit - pathetic.

Was losing the first fight against Haye up until he snapped his ACL, then everyone thought he was a God after beating him in the 2nd, despite Haye being unable to throw any of his best punches due to an elbow which doesnt extend properly and his ACL being made of paper

His best wins are Masternak - who is bang average. And Makubu who was a nobody and it showed.

Bellew is not a great. He has a big mouth, thats all. But there are many, many casual fans out there who do as SKY tell them too and buy PPV and then support these below average fighters. Much like you see all these plastic SKY armchair football fans - same people

Its been a long time since i laughed so hard at a British fighter getting sparked like that. Bellew is a cnt.

Usky on the other hand is an absolute gentleman, serious world class and future HOF'er
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 10:24]

Bloody hell. You should probably seek counselling for your anger issues.

Poll: Tory leader

Usyk v Bellew on 10:39 - Nov 11 with 1006 viewsPozuelosSideys

Usyk v Bellew on 10:36 - Nov 11 by exiledclaseboy

Bloody hell. You should probably seek counselling for your anger issues.

That comes across as angry, really? Im starting to think theres something in the way i type. Ive been told that a couple of times now.

Ive come across Bellew and his "do you know who i am?" in real life. Not a pleasant guy. Im in a good mood this morning!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Usyk v Bellew on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 1003 viewstheloneranger

Usyk v Bellew on 10:16 - Nov 11 by trampie

Clev ???

Wales's Clev beat Bellew in a battle of Britain on Merseyside for a version of a World title, Clev fought him again at a later date yet again in Bellews own backyard and lost a SD, both flights in Liverpool, home advantage is huge in boxing and Clev had the better of him on the scorecards over both fights, Bellew is an English Scouse hype job.

Clev boxed in Bellew's backyard twice because he was offered more money.

The first fight was for Clevs WBO Light heavyweight belt and he retained it on a majority decision ... So much for home advantage!!

The 2nd fight was a non title fight, but at Cruiserweight, and Cleverley put on a lot of muscle moving up a weight. It was very close after 8 rounds but Clev tired badly in those last 4 rounds, and that's what lost him that fight on a split decision. Cleverley admitted this himself after the fight.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Usyk v Bellew on 10:46 - Nov 11 with 1000 viewsswanjackal

Usyk v Bellew on 10:42 - Nov 11 by theloneranger

The first fight was for Clevs WBO Light heavyweight belt and he retained it on a majority decision ... So much for home advantage!!

The 2nd fight was a non title fight, but at Cruiserweight, and Cleverley put on a lot of muscle moving up a weight. It was very close after 8 rounds but Clev tired badly in those last 4 rounds, and that's what lost him that fight on a split decision. Cleverley admitted this himself after the fight.

You've done it now, your west wales holiday cottage is going to be cinders by the morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Usyk v Bellew on 12:05 - Nov 11 with 953 viewstrampie

Usyk v Bellew on 10:42 - Nov 11 by theloneranger

Home advantage in boxing is huge and Clev beat him on his own patch and over both fights on Bellews patch Clev had the better of him on combined scorecards, yet Bellew got hyped out of all proportion compared to Clev.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Usyk v Bellew on 12:42 - Nov 11 with 923 viewsJango

Usyk v Bellew on 10:10 - Nov 11 by swanjackal

Seriously? Wow. And they talk about Vegas judging being bad.

I found it amusing in between rounds 4 and 5 I think it was where malignaggi had to point out to Froch, Smith and Haye that they could just keep looking for any little reason to give the rounds to Bellew. He started well but was totally outclassed overall. I was a little concerned for bellew after the fight, during the interview he seemed all the shop.
Usyk v Bellew on 12:49 - Nov 11 with 914 viewsbluey_the_blue

Usyk v Bellew on 12:42 - Nov 11 by Jango

I found it amusing in between rounds 4 and 5 I think it was where malignaggi had to point out to Froch, Smith and Haye that they could just keep looking for any little reason to give the rounds to Bellew. He started well but was totally outclassed overall. I was a little concerned for bellew after the fight, during the interview he seemed all the shop.

Bellew was concussed for sure. Calling Eddie Hearn a "great fighter" was amusing.

Usyk for me had several more gears he could have gone up. Respected the chance Bellew might get a power shot in early then dominated.
Login to get fewer ads

Usyk v Bellew on 12:50 - Nov 11 with 911 views34dfgdf54

Usyk v Bellew on 10:10 - Nov 11 by swanjackal

Seriously? Wow. And they talk about Vegas judging being bad.

I had Bellew up by one.

Usyk was turning the screw though.
Usyk v Bellew on 12:57 - Nov 11 with 900 viewsswanjackal

Usyk v Bellew on 12:50 - Nov 11 by 34dfgdf54

I had Bellew up by one.

Usyk was turning the screw though.

I have just rewatched it, after the UFC fights (hell of a finish to the main event last night). I cannot see where he picks a round up outside of the first three, and then the first was a non round, which I'd give to the more aggressive, positive fighter (Usyk).

Usyk definitely was stepping up, and I've only seen him fight a few times before, he is very impressive at rolling the punches and not taking anything square, although was susceptible to the right hook coming out of the forward combination against a right hander.
I think a good fight for him if he moves up is someone like Parker, a durable fighter not seen as a massive puncher who has a good defence, and is not huge. That will see how suited to the Heavyweight division he is. A convincing win would make a monster fight compelling viewing then.

Usyk v Bellew on 13:11 - Nov 11 with 890 viewsbluey_the_blue

He'll be fed 1-2 bums in first heavyweight fights, get the highlight reel moments and then move onto a Parker.

Throwing him in against AJ immediately would give the big fight away without maximising the hype.

I'd be surprised if Hearn's roadmap for AJ isn't Wilder/Fury to get all four titles, a big fight vs Whyte then consider Usyk.
Usyk v Bellew on 13:31 - Nov 11 with 875 viewstheloneranger

Usyk v Bellew on 13:11 - Nov 11 by bluey_the_blue

He'll be fed 1-2 bums in first heavyweight fights, get the highlight reel moments and then move onto a Parker.

Throwing him in against AJ immediately would give the big fight away without maximising the hype.

I'd be surprised if Hearn's roadmap for AJ isn't Wilder/Fury to get all four titles, a big fight vs Whyte then consider Usyk.

Eddie Hearn started the roadmap for Usyk when he signed him for his Matchroom Boxing in September.

When Usyk moves up to heavyweight, he's going to have to put on some pounds, there's approx 52 pounds difference in weight between Usyk and AJ at present.

As you say, Parker looks more an early target for Usyk.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Usyk v Bellew on 13:58 - Nov 11 with 857 viewswaynekerr55

Usyk v Bellew on 13:11 - Nov 11 by bluey_the_blue

If the Gypsy King is back to his best he beats wilder and AJ. IMO, of course. He's AJs worst nightmare as he is very mobile.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Usyk v Bellew on 14:39 - Nov 11 with 829 viewsbluey_the_blue

Usyk v Bellew on 13:58 - Nov 11 by waynekerr55

If the Gypsy King is back to his best he beats wilder and AJ. IMO, of course. He's AJs worst nightmare as he is very mobile.

I'm not convinced. Only Fury fights I've seen he's come across as lumbering to me. Granted, opinion may be swayed by that Klitschko yawnfest.
Usyk v Bellew on 15:19 - Nov 11 with 797 viewswaynekerr55

Usyk v Bellew on 14:39 - Nov 11 by bluey_the_blue

I'm not convinced. Only Fury fights I've seen he's come across as lumbering to me. Granted, opinion may be swayed by that Klitschko yawnfest.

Watch how he is when fully focused. He destroyed Chisora and switched between orthodox and southpaw. The man is a talent and brilliant when on his game.

Not the most exciting but more of a pugilist.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024