Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top 16:58 - Nov 10 with 2779 viewsMrSwerve

A very positive season so far - I think more positive than many could have imagined. A refreshed, young squad (inevitable after PL relegation) who have stepped up and given many good performances. Some blips, but such is life.

What a competitive, exciting league this is. I think the playoffs are certainly something that we can aim for, which I think many (including myself) thought could be beyond our reach in this rebuilding year.

Good job Potter, good job team.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:07 - Nov 10 with 2697 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Potter has done well.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 2648 viewstrinityann

We can get promoted this season, there is nobody to fear. We are starting to get a rhythm going with Mr Potter and now we have a more settled starting eleven. Hopefully our big match players returning today will stay fit and added with January signings we could go on a Fulham type run towards the end of the season.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:21 - Nov 10 with 2588 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see bony and montero come on as late subscribe. We now have some strength on the bench.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:23 - Nov 10 with 2563 viewswestwalesed

Ipswich and Rotherham...……...with that bit of experience and killer instinct we'd be top now.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:25 - Nov 10 with 2541 viewssainthelens

Honestly think next 2 games will define our season. More than capable of winning both, if we can solidify a place in top 6 we will take some shifting.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:32 - Nov 10 with 2496 viewsstAteSwan

Strange season. All 5 of our losses have been to clubs 11th or lower in the table. Our best results have all been against the supposed "top clubs." That includes a season opening win away to Sheffield United that has aged very well.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:49 - Nov 10 with 2425 viewsWhiterockin

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:25 - Nov 10 by sainthelens

Honestly think next 2 games will define our season. More than capable of winning both, if we can solidify a place in top 6 we will take some shifting.

There is no better way to get promoted than wining the play offs.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:57 - Nov 10 with 2381 viewsMrSwerve

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:49 - Nov 10 by Whiterockin

There is no better way to get promoted than wining the play offs.

I’d rather finish top myself.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:00 - Nov 10 with 2363 viewsDJack

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:57 - Nov 10 by MrSwerve

I’d rather finish top myself.

A one-man team winning the Championship...that would be impressive.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:07 - Nov 10 with 2323 viewsCooperman

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:25 - Nov 10 by sainthelens

There are 29 games to go.

We are growing into a rythym using a bunch of players who did not play together until very recently. There has also been a hefty dosage of youth and these youngsters will be learning exponentially as each week passes.

Win, lose or draw, our season is not defined by what we do against Norwich and WBA.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:11 - Nov 10 with 2292 viewssainthelens

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:07 - Nov 10 by Cooperman

There are 29 games to go.

We are growing into a rythym using a bunch of players who did not play together until very recently. There has also been a hefty dosage of youth and these youngsters will be learning exponentially as each week passes.

Win, lose or draw, our season is not defined by what we do against Norwich and WBA.

Fair shout, but you get my drift. By beating those 2 it will go helluva long way to showing all concerned.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:29 - Nov 10 with 2199 viewsCooperman

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:11 - Nov 10 by sainthelens

Fair shout, but you get my drift. By beating those 2 it will go helluva long way to showing all concerned.

I agree that it will provide a very good indication of our rebuilding progress.

#barometer

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 18:32 - Nov 10 with 2175 viewsDr_Winston

We're a young, relatively inexperienced team both in general terms and as a unit finding our feet in the division. Sometimes we'll play well, sometimes we won't. Inconsistency is one of the more frustrating things to deal with as a fan because we've all seen just how good we can be in small doses.

At the moment we seem to be struggling to put 90 minute performances together, which is understandable given the options Potter has on the bench. This is where a couple of decent extra bodies in the squad could help us. If the players we clearly want to move on come January go I think we'll add one or two, even if just on loan for the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 19:13 - Nov 10 with 2077 viewspencoedjack

West Brom not looking bad tonight
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 19:35 - Nov 10 with 2002 viewswestside

Potter and the players (especially the young ones) have done good and deserve credit.

Two mistakes have been not getting in another striker in the summer if Bony was going to be out and bringing nordflet back in which cost us points and could be in the top six now.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 20:28 - Nov 10 with 1805 viewsjack2jack

I'm not expecting a top 5 finish although it is possible, what does excite me more is next season.
Keep Potter and al or most of our current players, and well easily finish in the top five and challenge for promotion.
Just my gut feeling.Its going very well ATM.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 20:39 - Nov 10 with 1771 viewsBadlands

Not worried about promotion ATM just enjoying the return to pre-Monk standards.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 22:20 - Nov 10 with 1594 viewsmajorraglan

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 17:23 - Nov 10 by westwalesed

Ipswich and Rotherham...……...with that bit of experience and killer instinct we'd be top now.

That’s exactly what I was thinking.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 22:22 - Nov 10 with 1585 views34dfgdf54

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 20:39 - Nov 10 by Badlands

Same here. I don’t think we have enough this year and that’s not a dig at all at the players we have here who are all doing a brilliant job.

Next year, with a full season together behind them, along with a few decent additions which Potter has shown he has up his sleeve along with his scouting team, is when I think we could see a genuine challenge.

The football Potter has us playing, the year after a relegation is a joy to watch. The whole squad are buying into what he’s doing.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 22:37 - Nov 10 with 1537 viewsporthcawljax

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 20:39 - Nov 10 by Badlands

That's exactly how I feel. I'm actually starting to enjoy the football again in the championship after too many seasons of dross in the premier of late which was depressing football and results.

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 23:55 - Nov 10 with 1407 viewsmajorraglan

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 22:22 - Nov 10 by 34dfgdf54

Same here. I don’t think we have enough this year and that’s not a dig at all at the players we have here who are all doing a brilliant job.

Next year, with a full season together behind them, along with a few decent additions which Potter has shown he has up his sleeve along with his scouting team, is when I think we could see a genuine challenge.

The football Potter has us playing, the year after a relegation is a joy to watch. The whole squad are buying into what he’s doing.

To be honest, the team has been a lot more competitive than I had expected it to be after the departures over the summer, with a bit more focus the club could quite easily be in the play off places. If some of last seasons PL squad who are deemed “surplus to requirements” can be moved on and some tidy reinforcements who will complement the existing squad can be brought in during the January window I think the squad can push for a play off place. A serious run of good form and wins could push the team up towards the top 2.

It’s still early days and we have not long passed the 1/3rd of the season mark, but considering what most expected after the transfer window closed things seem to be moving in the right direction.
7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 00:24 - Nov 11 with 1356 viewsTNT

7th place, 1 point outside the playoffs and 5 off top on 23:55 - Nov 10 by majorraglan

To be honest, the team has been a lot more competitive than I had expected it to be after the departures over the summer, with a bit more focus the club could quite easily be in the play off places. If some of last seasons PL squad who are deemed “surplus to requirements” can be moved on and some tidy reinforcements who will complement the existing squad can be brought in during the January window I think the squad can push for a play off place. A serious run of good form and wins could push the team up towards the top 2.

It’s still early days and we have not long passed the 1/3rd of the season mark, but considering what most expected after the transfer window closed things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Yep, there were players here who didn't want it enough / weren't good enough... still a couple to get rid of. Bstrds took us down after years of hard work from players who cared. Our saving grace is the likes of Roberts, Rodon and James stepping up. YJBs!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024