Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt 17:11 - Nov 10 with 11292 viewsCooperman

I honestly never thought I would see the day.

Irrespective of whatever happens to him from here it’s a case of well done to everyone who has made this happen, including Wilf himself.

Reading between the lines of what Potter says my perception is that Wilf is bringing positivity to the squad on both the training pitch and on match days. We’ve now gone another step forward by accomplishing some game time.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 17:12]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:27 - Nov 10 with 2174 views100onZero

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 18:41 - Nov 10 by angryjack

Like I said he missed more than he scored a few of his goals were against sub standard teams in the Europa and six or seven were penalties he had Pablo michu du Guzman putting chances on a plate should scored a lot more

He hardly played with Michu?
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:29 - Nov 10 with 2167 views100onZero

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:10 - Nov 10 by karnataka

Ok, that works! Thanks.

And another from me. Your conscious is clear.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 2155 viewsraynor94

It seems like angry is on his own in this thread

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:36 - Nov 10 with 2035 viewsjack2jack

Nice to see the big man back
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:38 - Nov 10 with 2024 viewsBadlands

Not sure if it's laughable or sinister that people slag off Bony .. particularly when talking about his first spell with us.
(When he returned he'd ben very ill, injured and hardly payed so I would criticise the people who brought him back but never the player.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:39 - Nov 10 with 2021 viewsoldcob

He has the first touch of a pregnant rhino, but it was always thus. I'm chuffed to bits he's back in a Swans shirt.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:57 - Nov 10 with 1988 viewsCooperman

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:39 - Nov 10 by oldcob

He has the first touch of a pregnant rhino, but it was always thus. I'm chuffed to bits he's back in a Swans shirt.

That’s right. His first touch isn’t great but he has the ability to keep defenders at arms length - literally (and within the rules of the game).

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 21:22 - Nov 10 with 1956 viewsjeza739

He scored more prem lge goals in 2014 calendar yr than everyone else. Yes playing for Swansea not manc Chelsea manure etc. Its not his fault some clown resigned him after his injury illness lack of games etc.
And its clear he thinks a lot about the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 21:59 - Nov 10 with 1892 viewsoldcob

I'd love to see him finish the season with us and then negotiate a new contract with a wage realistic to our present standing at the end of it.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:13 - Nov 10 with 1858 viewsjacksfullaces

being glass half full I would say it will take him a while to get up to speed, glass half empty has been done in the posts above.

what he did do was further lift the mood in the away end, which to be fair, was pretty buoyant throughout
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:14 - Nov 10 with 1856 viewsItchySphincter

One of the top ten strikers in world football when he was with us last time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:35 - Nov 11 with 1676 viewsCooperman

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 21:59 - Nov 10 by oldcob

I'd love to see him finish the season with us and then negotiate a new contract with a wage realistic to our present standing at the end of it.

That probably represents a 90% pay cut which isn’t going to happen.

Right now I would happily take seven months of regular game time coupled with uplifting performances and contribution. We can’t really win here in the long term because if that’s what Wilf does then he is very much in the shop window for one last pay day free transfer.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:43 - Nov 11 with 1667 viewsDr_Winston

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:35 - Nov 11 by Cooperman

Right now I would happily take seven months of regular game time coupled with uplifting performances and contribution. We can’t really win here in the long term because if that’s what Wilf does then he is very much in the shop window for one last pay day free transfer.

I wouldn't rule it out if, as claimed, one of the main reasons he came back was his kids. They're both in our youth system I believe?

He clearly likes being here. If he can stay fit and firing then it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:50 - Nov 11 with 1658 viewssplJack

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:43 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't rule it out if, as claimed, one of the main reasons he came back was his kids. They're both in our youth system I believe?

He clearly likes being here. If he can stay fit and firing then it'll be interesting to see what happens.

If he stays fit and firing for the next 6 months we could well go up this season.

I reckon we are only a fit Bony and another central midfielder away from finishing top 2.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:52 - Nov 11 with 1655 viewsCooperman

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:43 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Good point re the kids.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:00 - Nov 11 with 1641 viewscentrestandswan

Not bad huh?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:10 - Nov 11 with 1621 viewsThornburyswan

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:39 - Nov 10 by oldcob

This & that's being slightly harsh to the rhino - that said he does improve that slightly with regular time on the pitch, has always been a positive influence in the squad & is very cool/calm in the box - one of the most relaxed penalty takers ever for us.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:30 - Nov 11 with 1586 viewsomarjack

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:35 - Nov 11 by Cooperman

You know, Bony isn't really in demand anymore, and he knows that his 100k/wk days are over. If he wants to stay with us then he just might. I believe he loves the club, and as I said, who would take him?

imo, if he was made the highest earner he'd actually stay. But then, with his injury record, tight budget in the 2nd year of parachute payments, making him a highest earner is very risky.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:46 - Nov 11 with 1561 viewsCooperman

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:30 - Nov 11 by omarjack

You know, Bony isn't really in demand anymore, and he knows that his 100k/wk days are over. If he wants to stay with us then he just might. I believe he loves the club, and as I said, who would take him?

imo, if he was made the highest earner he'd actually stay. But then, with his injury record, tight budget in the 2nd year of parachute payments, making him a highest earner is very risky.

China is the graveyard of many a falling star. I’m sure that one of the wealthy owners would be willing to spunk millions on him.

Don’t get me wrong though, a pay as you play deal or something similar could be very beneficial for us. Call me cynical but I’m yet to come across many footballers who put loyalty before money.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:51 - Nov 11 with 1548 viewsandrew

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:30 - Nov 11 by omarjack

I highly doubt he is on that money, he’d have had a relegation clause.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:53 - Nov 11 with 1545 viewsjack247

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:46 - Nov 11 by Cooperman

China is the graveyard of many a falling star. I’m sure that one of the wealthy owners would be willing to spunk millions on him.

Don’t get me wrong though, a pay as you play deal or something similar could be very beneficial for us. Call me cynical but I’m yet to come across many footballers who put loyalty before money.

He still has a big enough name to be a marquee signing in China or the Middle East and get paid bags of money. I don’t see him here next season to be honest.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:56 - Nov 11 with 1539 viewsCooperman

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:53 - Nov 11 by jack247

He still has a big enough name to be a marquee signing in China or the Middle East and get paid bags of money. I don’t see him here next season to be honest.

Same here.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:00 - Nov 11 with 1535 viewsDr_Winston

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:53 - Nov 11 by jack247

It's certainly the most likely outcome, but not a foregone conclusion.

If we're in a position where we want to keep hold of Wilf then we'd have had a good season. I'l just go for that for now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:01 - Nov 11 with 1534 viewsCatullus

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:51 - Nov 11 by andrew

I highly doubt he is on that money, he’d have had a relegation clause.

Apparently not though Manc Citeh are paying some of his wages.

Bony is rich, well by most standards anyway. He's got a few million. If his kids are happy here and he's more than comfortable financially maybe he'll take whatever deal we can afford.

I wouldn't bank on it though, if that was the case he'd change his deal now to make his staying viable. As his contract stands, we will sell in january if a bid is made.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:01 - Nov 11 with 1534 viewsGeoffThom

Some will be pleased to know ,I'm staying out of this😁😂😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024