Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt 17:11 - Nov 10 with 11295 viewsCooperman

I honestly never thought I would see the day.

Irrespective of whatever happens to him from here it’s a case of well done to everyone who has made this happen, including Wilf himself.

Reading between the lines of what Potter says my perception is that Wilf is bringing positivity to the squad on both the training pitch and on match days. We’ve now gone another step forward by accomplishing some game time.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 17:12]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:08 - Nov 12 with 1162 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:43 - Nov 12 by theloneranger

I'd love to see Bob in this team.

I'd rather like to see Bafe Gomis in this side right now. 30- 40 a season in this league with this level of creativity behind him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:10 - Nov 12 with 1159 viewsItchySphincter

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:08 - Nov 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I'd rather like to see Bafe Gomis in this side right now. 30- 40 a season in this league with this level of creativity behind him.

Init, people hark back to Tosh’s side but there’s no comparison. Apples and oranges. He’ll be on about Ivor next.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2018 21:28]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 21:21 - Nov 12 with 1103 viewsjasper_T

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:08 - Nov 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I would hope so for the amount he charges for his services. Would be the best paid forward in the league.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:01 - Nov 12 with 1056 views_

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:27 - Nov 11 by exiledclaseboy

He’ll be gone in January if we can find a buyer or someone to pay his wages for a while b

This isn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes he's on a big wedge and an unsustainable one for this league but he's not one of the characters Potter wanted out. Finances may dictate otherwise but he's a watching brief at the moment.

If he can get up and running they may feel he's the speculation to the accumulation.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:03 - Nov 12 with 1053 views_

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:22 - Nov 11 by Quincy999

I know what your saying about it not being his fault and agree to a certain extent but personally i struggle to get excited about a player scoring two goals to come back from 3-0 in a 3-2 loss. It is a quality of a striker to score a goal when it is needed and put the opposition on the back foot.

What is this utter bullshit??

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:05 - Nov 12 with 1050 views_

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 14:48 - Nov 11 by veng9

His first season

Europa League

The first goal against Valencia
Assist for winner against St.Gallen
The first goal against Kuban Krasnodar
Assist for equaliser against Napoli

FA Cup

Winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford
Both goals against Birmingham after coming on at half time when we were 1-0 down.

Premier League

2 goals including the goal that put us 3-2 up against Stoke
Equaliser against Manchester City
2-2 and 3-3 equalisers against Liverpool
Equaliser against Everton
Opening goal away against Arsenal
Equaliser and winner against Newcastle
Opening goal against Aston Villa

Second season

Opening goal against Newcastle
Opening goal against Stoke
Both goals against Leicester
Opening goal against Manchester City
Opening goal against Crystal Palace
Assist for opening goal against QPR
Opening goal against West Ham
Equaliser against Tottenham
Equaliser against QPR

Either you've got a bad memory or you're making things up. We didn't win or draw a lot of those but that's not his fault really. To say he only scored goals when were were a couple down is not true at all.

I've left out the "unimportant" goals and assists as well.

He also scored 8 or 9 headers despite you criticising that aspect of his game.

In his first season he had 137 minutes per goal in all competitions and 145 minutes per goal in the league. In his second half season he had 145 minutes per goal again which also goes against claims from angryjack he was a one season wonder when he was on course to finish with 16-20 goals before he left. That and he was coming off 37 goals in 36 games when we bought him. We didn't spend 12 million on him for no reason.

Of course he has flaws but you cannot expect much better than that from a Swansea City player. If he was much better he'd have been getting almost a goal a game.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 14:49]

Great analysis and clear he was just bullshitting. Truly shameful stuff.

Great, great post by the way.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:10 - Nov 12 with 1038 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:01 - Nov 12 by _

This isn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes he's on a big wedge and an unsustainable one for this league but he's not one of the characters Potter wanted out. Finances may dictate otherwise but he's a watching brief at the moment.

If he can get up and running they may feel he's the speculation to the accumulation.

I’m not suggesting Potter wants rid, I’ve no idea one way or another. If he leaves it’ll be a financial decision although whether we can find a club willing to take that risk on him is another matter entirely.

Poll: Tory leader

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:31 - Nov 12 with 1003 views_

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:10 - Nov 12 by exiledclaseboy

I’m not suggesting Potter wants rid, I’ve no idea one way or another. If he leaves it’ll be a financial decision although whether we can find a club willing to take that risk on him is another matter entirely.

Imagine he signs a 1 year extension on half his wage

Login to get fewer ads

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:37 - Nov 12 with 992 viewsPozuelosSideys

I think the fact Potter has pushed Bony straight back into the side whilst binning off the likes of Dyer and Narsingh etc bodes well. Think he would probably like to keep him. Whether we can afford him and keep him fit are 2 very different things mind

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 23:29 - Nov 12 with 930 viewsjackrmee

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:10 - Nov 12 by exiledclaseboy

Financial decision probably, but if he stays or if he goes...both will benefit the club. I hope the latter tbh and pray he stays fit and smashes fuk into this league.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024