Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea passing 08:51 - Nov 11 with 4355 viewsHeadmaster

Look at those passing stats. If we can just be more ruthless and take more chances, we'll be flying.

Swansea passing on 14:27 - Nov 11 with 1168 viewsGaz_M

Swansea passing on 13:10 - Nov 11 by MrSwerve

Winning while playing attractive football is obviously the aim for any football club, but I’d rather be top playing ugly football than bottom playing tiki-taka.

It’s nice to see that it looks like Potter is giving us an attractive identity while also being fairly successful.

Very successful.

Success should be measured only relatively and in context.
Swansea passing on 14:35 - Nov 11 with 1150 viewsEbo

Swansea passing on 10:34 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Playing this way is only the 'right thing' if it brings success. As it stands we're outside of the playoffs and even yesterday it took a set piece to break down an average Bolton side.

I'd rather play the right way and be at the right end of the table than playing the wrong way and being at the wrong end of the table.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea passing on 16:07 - Nov 11 with 1098 viewsGlyn1

Being put on last on Quest, behind a 0 - 0, suggests that it wasn't an entertaining match (although there some great games on Saturday).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea passing on 16:30 - Nov 11 with 1065 viewsbuilthjack

Passing is great. Now we need penetration.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea passing on 16:38 - Nov 11 with 1053 viewsmonmouth

Swansea passing on 16:30 - Nov 11 by builthjack

According to urban myth Mr Morgan is your man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea passing on 16:38 - Nov 11 with 1051 viewsDJack

Swansea passing on 16:30 - Nov 11 by builthjack

What happens in your spare time is your business...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea passing on 16:57 - Nov 11 with 1032 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea passing on 16:38 - Nov 11 by monmouth

According to urban myth Mr Morgan is your man.

Dyer will sort it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea passing on 17:17 - Nov 11 with 1006 viewskarnataka

Swansea passing on 16:07 - Nov 11 by Glyn1

Being put on last on Quest, behind a 0 - 0, suggests that it wasn't an entertaining match (although there some great games on Saturday).

They did add that ours was probably the best Championship goal of the day to be fair, which it was.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea passing on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 973 viewsairedale

Swansea passing on 14:27 - Nov 11 by Gaz_M

Very successful.

Success should be measured only relatively and in context.

All success is failure,and failure is no success at all.
Swansea passing on 17:51 - Nov 11 with 962 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea passing on 09:30 - Nov 11 by SPboy

A stat I was surprised at was that yesterday was apparently our first set piece goal of the season. Definitely an area that we need to be doing better in.

Did that really count as a set piece goal?

For how many touches and/or seconds after a corner kick does it still fit that category? I've kind of wondered that in the past.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea passing on 18:42 - Nov 11 with 897 viewskarnataka

Swansea passing on 17:51 - Nov 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

Did that really count as a set piece goal?

For how many touches and/or seconds after a corner kick does it still fit that category? I've kind of wondered that in the past.

A bit tenuous to call it a set piece goal imo but it definitely wasn't as a result of an attacking move so I'd say it was borderline set piece. It's the sort of goal that could have happened when any cross into the box from open play is poorly cleared.
Swansea passing on 19:40 - Nov 11 with 840 viewsItchySphincter

Of course it wasn’t a set piece goal. If it was, every goal is.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea passing on 11:33 - Nov 12 with 693 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea passing on 10:34 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Playing this way is only the 'right thing' if it brings success. As it stands we're outside of the playoffs and even yesterday it took a set piece to break down an average Bolton side.

Has someone stolen your glass again!? :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea passing on 13:14 - Nov 12 with 667 viewsTaliesin

Swansea passing on 14:01 - Nov 11 by jackrmee

Of course I'd be happy with promotion, but personally I'm enjoying the fuk out of this season and this division.
Perfect scenario for me, is a couple of seasons here, perfecting the football we are playing now, players adapting, then go back up to the Prem and show them what we can do

That would indeed be a lovely scenario, however if we don't go up this year we can expect Rodon, Connor, and anybody else who has impressed to be out of the door. If they go and are not adequately replaced then the pretty football may well dry up as we cant expect our youth products to step up again next year (not impossible I know but the conveyor belt will be less populated year on year)

I am enjoying this year mind
Swansea passing on 14:39 - Nov 12 with 626 viewsjackrmee

Swansea passing on 13:14 - Nov 12 by Taliesin

That would indeed be a lovely scenario, however if we don't go up this year we can expect Rodon, Connor, and anybody else who has impressed to be out of the door. If they go and are not adequately replaced then the pretty football may well dry up as we cant expect our youth products to step up again next year (not impossible I know but the conveyor belt will be less populated year on year)

I am enjoying this year mind

I think it would take big money to get rid of our lower earners.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024