Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will be first to get their Arena built? 09:42 - Nov 11 with 6117 viewsJackfath

Cardiff announce site for 15k seater arena. How big is ours supposed to be and when is it due to start/finish?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46140268

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:01 - Nov 11 with 2303 viewsLeonWasGod

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:56 - Nov 11 by Catullus

Cardiff tore down the Empire pool with no plan to repalce it, until we got our Olympic sized pool. We announce a new arena and Cardiff are getting a bigger one.....how do Cardiff manage to find the money?

Rhetorical question. They were the only council to get extra money in the new WG budget.

And yet we still do it better. LC2+National Pool much better than their “International [snigger]” Pool.

Bizarre. All that money and they atill can’t get stuff right. £30k stadium they can’t get close to filling. Cardiff almost doesn’t deserve these things.

Good shopping and the Millennium Stadium is top draw though.
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:03 - Nov 11 with 2294 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:01 - Nov 11 by LeonWasGod

And yet we still do it better. LC2+National Pool much better than their “International [snigger]” Pool.

Bizarre. All that money and they atill can’t get stuff right. £30k stadium they can’t get close to filling. Cardiff almost doesn’t deserve these things.

Good shopping and the Millennium Stadium is top draw though.

Must have been a cheap build. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:09 - Nov 11 with 2290 viewsLeonWasGod

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:03 - Nov 11 by Darran

Oops

Lego’s expensive too!
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:10 - Nov 11 with 2289 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:09 - Nov 11 by LeonWasGod

Oops

Lego’s expensive too!

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:53 - Nov 11 with 2268 viewswestside

Who's paying for this Cardiff arena ?

They've already had £50 million of public money for WMC and now they want another venue practically across the road
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 07:48 - Nov 12 with 2165 viewsbyron

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:03 - Nov 11 by Darran

Close to filling it? We average over 30k and even got that v the massive Burnely who brought 900 fans live on Sky, again. I remember being happy with crowds of 6000 ffs....dream on

Benny

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:26 - Nov 12 with 2143 viewsLeonWasGod

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 07:48 - Nov 12 by byron

Close to filling it? We average over 30k and even got that v the massive Burnely who brought 900 fans live on Sky, again. I remember being happy with crowds of 6000 ffs....dream on

Ok fair enough. I'm just going from what I saw of the highlights from the Brighton game. Plenty of empty seats - if that was down here, we'd be saying we weren't close to filling it. But I've got no idea what you normally do.
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:47 - Nov 12 with 2134 viewsBatterseajack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:54 - Nov 11 by jackharris

Ours with 3,500 seats will be really small and intimate compared to most of the UK’s City Arenas, so having Cardiff’s 15,000 Arena on our doorstep will be very handy. Ours will still attract a good variety of musical stars, comedians, etc... We will have the advantage of having a venue where you are not too far away from the artist performing and the need to rely on a big screen to actually see them. If the seats from the flooring area are removed would you say 5,000 could fit? For a concert, such as Cheap Trick..? 2,000 seats and 3,000 standing.

Not sure where that image was taken from, but the Swansea arena won't look anything like that. There no raked seating on the sides.

At this point in time, the max capacity is 3535 which includes seating and standing. That's 2500 standing and 1035 seating. Replace the standing with all seating and it has a capacity of 2291.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2018 10:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 12 with 2063 viewsProfessor

There is a dearth of mid-size venues in South Wales for bands/comedy. Plenty around the 1000 mark and Newport Centre holds around 2000. Would do well I think. The current arena in Cardiff is rubbish. That said the likes of the Echo Arena in Liverpool (11k) and more so Manchester (more than 20k) are too large to really enjoy bands. Seen the Cure in Manchester and Neil Young in Liverpool in recent years and really did not enjoy the experience. Some of my favourites were at Newport in late 80s and early 90s in fairness. Including the legendary Stone Roses gig with the 'riot'
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:52 - Nov 12 with 2046 viewsjackharris

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:47 - Nov 12 by Batterseajack

Not sure where that image was taken from, but the Swansea arena won't look anything like that. There no raked seating on the sides.

At this point in time, the max capacity is 3535 which includes seating and standing. That's 2500 standing and 1035 seating. Replace the standing with all seating and it has a capacity of 2291.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2018 10:14]

The image was taken from Wales Online. I already assumed it wouldn’t be laid out inside like the picture because the side seats are not facing the stage and with it being quite small I would expect the seats to be facing the stage.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:04 - Nov 12 with 2035 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:03 - Nov 11 by builthjack

Needs to be at least double that capacity to attract top,acts

Top acts won't come here regularly. If a promoter is risking their money on a show in South Wales, why choose Swansea over the much larger Cardiff?

We can get away with 'big' acts once or twice a year because people are desperate to see someone locally and will pay the extortionate £60+ for a ticket once or twice a year. There is no way we can fill a 4,000 capacity arena once a month, let alone on a weekly basis.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:16 - Nov 12 with 2028 viewstheloneranger

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:23 - Nov 11 by Andy1300

We have an olympic size pool, thats why Ellie used to train there

Swansea's pool is not Olympic size because it's only 21 Metres wide (50m x 21m) and needs to be 25 Metres wide (50m x 25m) and (10 lanes).

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:00 - Nov 12 with 2015 viewstaffpunk

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 by byron

Shame you can’t just pick up our current one, the motorpoint or whatever it’s called now. Got to be the worst venue to see a band ever, a place that has the power to make a great band appear average. Cardiff needs a decent small venue too, we lost the coal exchange and the point, just left with the frigging students union, which is also shiiiite.

The Tramshed holds approx. 1,000-1,200, great Venue.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:14 - Nov 12 with 2000 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:00 - Nov 12 by taffpunk

It is a great venue.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:15 - Nov 12 with 1994 viewsbyron

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:00 - Nov 12 by taffpunk

Very true, almost forgot about it. Not been there yet so can’t comment

Benny

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:21 - Nov 12 with 1991 viewsswanjackal

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 by byron

Shame you can’t just pick up our current one, the motorpoint or whatever it’s called now. Got to be the worst venue to see a band ever, a place that has the power to make a great band appear average. Cardiff needs a decent small venue too, we lost the coal exchange and the point, just left with the frigging students union, which is also shiiiite.

Used to love going to Clwb Ifor Bach, used to have decent bands there late 90's/early00's. Is it still going? If so, does it still do live music?

I much prefer smaller venues, I miss TJ's (Newport).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:24 - Nov 12 with 1986 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:15 - Nov 12 by byron

Very true, almost forgot about it. Not been there yet so can’t comment

Yeah you don’t go to live events do you?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 20:04 - Nov 12 with 1968 viewstaffpunk

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:21 - Nov 12 by swanjackal

Used to love going to Clwb Ifor Bach, used to have decent bands there late 90's/early00's. Is it still going? If so, does it still do live music?

I much prefer smaller venues, I miss TJ's (Newport).

There's bands in Clwb Ifor all the time. I practically lived in TJ's, must have gone there over 100 times to see bands, a sadly missed Venue.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:51 - Nov 13 with 1858 viewsDarran

Cardiff also have Ice Arena Wales that can hold events.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 14:18 - Nov 13 with 1793 viewsMillJack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:51 - Nov 13 by Darran

Cardiff also have Ice Arena Wales that can hold events.

And the Uni...unless that's already been mentioned??
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 15:31 - Nov 13 with 1767 viewsjackharris

We have this hall also available for small concerts 450 to 1,000

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 15:47 - Nov 13 with 1759 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 15:31 - Nov 13 by jackharris

We have this hall also available for small concerts 450 to 1,000

Have they ever had a gig there?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 16:14 - Nov 13 with 1749 viewsAl_Bundy

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:06 - Nov 11 by jackharris

The Bournemouth International Arena holds 4,100 and look at the acts they have had over the years. The demand for tickets would be big for our venue but you just need to get on the establishments membership scheme to have first dibs on tickets.

These acts are not everyone’s cups of tea but these are just the ones named on Wiki, they’ve had 1,000s of acts and shows.

The BIC is a truly dreadful arena. The Fire Station, Pavillion and O2 far better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024