Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will be first to get their Arena built? 09:42 - Nov 11 with 6113 viewsJackfath

Cardiff announce site for 15k seater arena. How big is ours supposed to be and when is it due to start/finish?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46140268

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:45 - Nov 11 with 3802 viewsDarran

Ours is 3k Cardiff will build theirs first.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:49 - Nov 11 with 3796 viewsJackfath

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:45 - Nov 11 by Darran

Ours is 3k Cardiff will build theirs first.

I hope we build ours with a huge terrace going all the way round it and then try to shoehorn in extra seats when we realise it's too small.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:50 - Nov 11 with 3788 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:49 - Nov 11 by Jackfath

I hope we build ours with a huge terrace going all the way round it and then try to shoehorn in extra seats when we realise it's too small.

Great point as usual.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:56 - Nov 11 with 3769 viewsCatullus

Cardiff tore down the Empire pool with no plan to repalce it, until we got our Olympic sized pool. We announce a new arena and Cardiff are getting a bigger one.....how do Cardiff manage to find the money?

Rhetorical question. They were the only council to get extra money in the new WG budget.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 11:23 - Nov 11 with 3694 viewscontroversial_jack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:56 - Nov 11 by Catullus

Cardiff tore down the Empire pool with no plan to repalce it, until we got our Olympic sized pool. We announce a new arena and Cardiff are getting a bigger one.....how do Cardiff manage to find the money?

Rhetorical question. They were the only council to get extra money in the new WG budget.

Rent smart Wales, the scheme for licensing landlords throughout Wales is actually run by Cardiff council.That's a money spinner if ever I saw one.
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 3672 viewsjack2jack

I believe ours will be 4000, works due to start early next year,March I'm told!
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 16:46 - Nov 11 with 3559 viewsItchySphincter

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 09:56 - Nov 11 by Catullus

We haven't got an Olympic pool.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:03 - Nov 11 with 3527 viewsbuilthjack

Needs to be at least double that capacity to attract top,acts

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:10 - Nov 11 with 3513 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 11:33 - Nov 11 by jack2jack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/3500-seater-indoor-arena-coastal-1

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:23 - Nov 11 with 3476 viewsAndy1300

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 16:46 - Nov 11 by ItchySphincter

We haven't got an Olympic pool.

We have an olympic size pool, thats why Ellie used to train there

Number 1 team in Wales

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 with 3467 viewsItchySphincter

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:23 - Nov 11 by Andy1300

We have an olympic size pool, thats why Ellie used to train there

Except that it's not.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 with 3460 viewsbyron

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 11:33 - Nov 11 by jack2jack

Shame you can’t just pick up our current one, the motorpoint or whatever it’s called now. Got to be the worst venue to see a band ever, a place that has the power to make a great band appear average. Cardiff needs a decent small venue too, we lost the coal exchange and the point, just left with the frigging students union, which is also shiiiite.

Benny

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:31 - Nov 11 with 3457 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 by ItchySphincter

Except that it's not.

True dat. Not wide enough. It has the length but not the girth. Ooerr missus.

Poll: Tory leader

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 3454 viewsbuilthjack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:27 - Nov 11 by byron

Shame you can’t just pick up our current one, the motorpoint or whatever it’s called now. Got to be the worst venue to see a band ever, a place that has the power to make a great band appear average. Cardiff needs a decent small venue too, we lost the coal exchange and the point, just left with the frigging students union, which is also shiiiite.

St Davids Hall ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 3418 viewsraynor94

3.5 k indoor arena is fine for Swansea, oh and its already been started

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:04 - Nov 11 with 3393 viewsunion_jack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 17:49 - Nov 11 by raynor94

3.5 k indoor arena is fine for Swansea, oh and its already been started

In what way has it been started. Last I heard was that WG had to agree this City Deal which they hadn't. Very glad to be wrong.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:18 - Nov 11 with 3374 viewsraynor94

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:04 - Nov 11 by union_jack

In what way has it been started. Last I heard was that WG had to agree this City Deal which they hadn't. Very glad to be wrong.

Exploratory digging has been going on at the car park at St David's, seriously it is under way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:30 - Nov 11 with 3353 viewsjack2jack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:18 - Nov 11 by raynor94

Exploratory digging has been going on at the car park at St David's, seriously it is under way

Is correct, main works to start March 2019, should be completed 2020👍
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:37 - Nov 11 with 3345 viewsScotia

Ours is 3.5k. Swansea council were determined that was going to be the capacity and they are pushing the "digital" aspects of it.

The Welsh government told them it needs to be bigger and would help fund the additional infrastructure. They were aiming for events like the Badminton / judo World championships.

Swansea council weren't having any of it and it looks like Cardiff have jumped in.

We'll have ours first, but I can't see it being a success unfortunately.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 19:15]
Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:45 - Nov 11 with 3324 viewsunion_jack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:18 - Nov 11 by raynor94

Ok, great.

Nothing however that can't be stopped before getting too expensive.

I hope, given our illustrious council's track record in such things that you'll forgive my cynicism.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:54 - Nov 11 with 3312 viewsjackharris

Ours with 3,500 seats will be really small and intimate compared to most of the UK’s City Arenas, so having Cardiff’s 15,000 Arena on our doorstep will be very handy. Ours will still attract a good variety of musical stars, comedians, etc... We will have the advantage of having a venue where you are not too far away from the artist performing and the need to rely on a big screen to actually see them. If the seats from the flooring area are removed would you say 5,000 could fit? For a concert, such as Cheap Trick..? 2,000 seats and 3,000 standing.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:58 - Nov 11 with 3306 viewsDarran

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 18:54 - Nov 11 by jackharris

Ours with 3,500 seats will be really small and intimate compared to most of the UK’s City Arenas, so having Cardiff’s 15,000 Arena on our doorstep will be very handy. Ours will still attract a good variety of musical stars, comedians, etc... We will have the advantage of having a venue where you are not too far away from the artist performing and the need to rely on a big screen to actually see them. If the seats from the flooring area are removed would you say 5,000 could fit? For a concert, such as Cheap Trick..? 2,000 seats and 3,000 standing.

I love you.

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:06 - Nov 11 with 3289 viewsjackharris

The Bournemouth International Arena holds 4,100 and look at the acts they have had over the years. The demand for tickets would be big for our venue but you just need to get on the establishments membership scheme to have first dibs on tickets.

These acts are not everyone’s cups of tea but these are just the ones named on Wiki, they’ve had 1,000s of acts and shows.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:19 - Nov 11 with 3263 viewsyescomeon

3.5k is a great size for a music venue. Plenty of exciting acts would struggle to get the numbers in to make the 7k motorpoint. Hopefully bands will bypass Cardiff and come to Swansea instead.

Upthecity!

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:53 - Nov 11 with 3222 viewsunion_jack

Who will be first to get their Arena built? on 19:19 - Nov 11 by yescomeon

3.5k is a great size for a music venue. Plenty of exciting acts would struggle to get the numbers in to make the 7k motorpoint. Hopefully bands will bypass Cardiff and come to Swansea instead.

I've seen some huge acts in the old cinemas such as Rainbow (Capitol Cardiff 78), AC/DC and BÖC (Hammersmith Odeon 79), Ozzie Osbourne (Birmingham mid 80s) for example. Those venues couldn't have been much bigger so smaller venues can attract big acts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024