Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"They Shall Not Grow Old." 11:24 - Nov 11 with 3822 viewstheloneranger

Don't forget ...

Peter Jackson’s ... "They Shall Not Grow Old." is showing on BBC2 tonight @ 9.30pm.

Don't miss it!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 21:44 - Nov 18 with 973 viewsbyron

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 21:23 - Nov 18 by 34dfgdf54

That’s what gets me. How those like your Mrs Grandad never spoke of it. God knows what he must have been going through emotionally on his own.

God bless him and everyone else who fought in both world wars.

I cannot imagine either, he lived to 85, was a heavy whiskey drinker most nights but never seemed drunk, almost as if it was just medicinal, just enough to sleep and blank out the memories. The highlanders honoured him at his funeral in 2006 all those years since the war ended. We dint know we are born really do we? The stuff they all went thru and we moan about the weather, traffic and the like....🤷🏼‍♂️

Benny

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 22:43 - Nov 18 with 928 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 21:44 - Nov 18 by byron

I cannot imagine either, he lived to 85, was a heavy whiskey drinker most nights but never seemed drunk, almost as if it was just medicinal, just enough to sleep and blank out the memories. The highlanders honoured him at his funeral in 2006 all those years since the war ended. We dint know we are born really do we? The stuff they all went thru and we moan about the weather, traffic and the like....🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes, puts everything in perspective.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

(No subject) on 21:24 - Nov 19 with 787 viewsLohengrin

Massed Legion standards passing through the Menin Gate on the 11th.

Not forgotten.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 08:43 - Nov 20 with 706 viewsjackrmee

Cant find this on iPlayer

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 08:48 - Nov 20 with 703 viewstheloneranger

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 08:43 - Nov 20 by jackrmee

Cant find this on iPlayer

It was only on there for 7 days

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

"They Shall Not Grow Old." on 19:02 - Nov 20 with 666 viewsWitneyjack

14 million deaths in The Great War.

Whilst watching the footage of two Police Officers being attacked in London yesterday, I did wonder how the young of today would fare if faced with the challenges of 1914.

The truth is most of them wouldn't fare very well at all. The Old Contemptibles and later Kitchener's army would have failed miserably if made up from today's youngsters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024