Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Philip Norman "Rock books" 18:37 - Nov 11 with 639 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/nov/11/beatles-biographer-philip-norman-y

Can't say I've read any of his books but in the comments section there seems to be some hostile remarks.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Philip Norman "Rock books" on 19:26 - Nov 11 with 614 viewsGowerjack

I read "Shout" when it came out in 1982 (!)

As I recall he was the 1st to find out how poor the deals that Epstein made were for the band.

Millions upon millions of dollars signed away.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Philip Norman "Rock books" on 19:54 - Nov 11 with 593 viewscentrestandswan

Philip Norman "Rock books" on 19:26 - Nov 11 by Gowerjack

I read "Shout" when it came out in 1982 (!)

As I recall he was the 1st to find out how poor the deals that Epstein made were for the band.

Millions upon millions of dollars signed away.

Interesting that seeing as Epstein is seen as the Beatles mentor and business guru.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Philip Norman "Rock books" on 22:24 - Nov 11 with 571 viewsGowerjack

Philip Norman "Rock books" on 19:54 - Nov 11 by centrestandswan

Interesting that seeing as Epstein is seen as the Beatles mentor and business guru.

From Wikipedia

Directly prior to The Beatles' first American visit, Brian Epstein wanted someone to manage the escalating volume of merchandising requests that NEMS found itself unable to cope with, and asked his lawyer, David Jacobs, to oversee this task. Jacobs knew Nicky Byrne and asked him if he would be interested in taking over the merchandising subdivision from NEMS altogether, paying NEMS a commission. Byrne accepted the offer subject to a 90% rate, leaving only 10% for the Beatles and NEMS combined. Completely unaware of the potential market that existed, particularly in America, Epstein agreed to the deal, and subsequently lost The Beatles an estimated $100,000,000 in possible income.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024