Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving the wrong way on M4 today 20:16 - Nov 11 with 7491 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I joined a queue on the M4 at the last PortTalbot junction eastbound today at about 1pm. After about 5 minutes around 30 or 40 vehicles turned around and went back up the motorway the wrong way and up the slip road. After 20 mins the road cleared but there was still a queue going up the slip road, in the wrong direction, as cars were trying to come down the slip road the right way.

The guy next to me was filming from the passenger seat and showed me his police id card, shaking his head in disbelief.

Why can't people wait for 15 or 20 minutes instead of threatening people's lives?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 20:21]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:18 - Nov 11 with 4726 viewsJackfath

I came across some idiot reversing on the mumbles road as they missed the junction for Sketty lane.

It's absolutely mental out there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:21 - Nov 11 with 4709 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:18 - Nov 11 by Jackfath

I came across some idiot reversing on the mumbles road as they missed the junction for Sketty lane.

It's absolutely mental out there.

I must have missed that part of the driving test; reversing into a stream of oncoming traffic!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:23 - Nov 11 with 4706 viewsjack2jack

The 30 or 40 clowns, obviously think they are far too important to be waiting in a queue, with the rest of you mere mortals.
Hopefully they will receive the necessary penalty notices.
There's enough accidents on the M4 without that sort of nonsense going on.
Idiots.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:37 - Nov 11 with 4671 viewsLord_Bony

A few years back I was driving down the M5 by Weston s m and saw a BMW driving at speed on the hard shoulder...head on to the traffic,the wrong way.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:40 - Nov 11 with 4654 viewsJackfath

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:37 - Nov 11 by Lord_Bony

A few years back I was driving down the M5 by Weston s m and saw a BMW driving at speed on the hard shoulder...head on to the traffic,the wrong way.

Did you parp your horn in a "what the f_"k are you doing, you stupid t!"t" way? I did. I shook my head too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:44 - Nov 11 with 4626 viewsbuilthjack

Unmarked sherif car perhaps

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:06 - Nov 11 with 4570 viewsmajorraglan

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:23 - Nov 11 by jack2jack

The 30 or 40 clowns, obviously think they are far too important to be waiting in a queue, with the rest of you mere mortals.
Hopefully they will receive the necessary penalty notices.
There's enough accidents on the M4 without that sort of nonsense going on.
Idiots.

Essex Police has something similar happen up there a few weeks ago and they are going to prosecute the offenders.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-46048754
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:23 - Nov 11 with 4508 viewsbyron

Begs belief. Been driving to west wales and back for 20 years now, it’s def getting worse.

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:20 - Nov 11 with 4410 viewsmajorraglan

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:23 - Nov 11 by byron

Begs belief. Been driving to west wales and back for 20 years now, it’s def getting worse.

Agreed. Traffic is getting worse, we have more cars on the road doing more miles than ever. The new relief road has a lower speed limit and takes longer, so where is the incentive for people to use it?
Public transport is expensive and can be unreliable, if you want to catch a train at Port Talbot it’s a £5er for parking before you have bought your train ticket, surely the cost of the parking ticket should be reimbursed in the price of the train ticket. It’s all geared up for ripping people off.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 00:08 - Nov 12 with 4311 viewsBrynCartwright

They could have been involved in some sort of life or death chase scenario stylee involving spies, nuclear bomb detonation prevention and/or saving the world type stuff. Could be? You never know wtf?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 06:25 - Nov 12 with 4226 viewsPhil_S

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:20 - Nov 11 by majorraglan

Agreed. Traffic is getting worse, we have more cars on the road doing more miles than ever. The new relief road has a lower speed limit and takes longer, so where is the incentive for people to use it?
Public transport is expensive and can be unreliable, if you want to catch a train at Port Talbot it’s a £5er for parking before you have bought your train ticket, surely the cost of the parking ticket should be reimbursed in the price of the train ticket. It’s all geared up for ripping people off.

Use the council car park opposite the station (round the back of it)it’s £3 a day

The new relief road is substantially quicker most weekdays between 4 and 6

Outside of that though the roads are getting worse but that is part driven by the fact that the standard of driving is going downhill especially on motorways where a large proportion of drivers don’t know the basic rules to which they should operate or have any sense of anticipation
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 06:57 - Nov 12 with 4206 viewsjackal

I was coming off the M4 at Llangyfelach a few months ago.
A car was coming down the slipway heading towards me and towards the oncoming traffic on the motorway.

I flashed my lights and sounded my horn. A woman with kids in the back, she stopped and opened her window. I explained she was heading onto the M4 the wrong way.

She snapped irritably , " Oh, so I took a wrong turn, big deal."

I snapped back, " Carry on then."

She was actually annoyed that I'd flashed my lights at her and corrected her.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 07:37 - Nov 12 with 4154 viewsbyron

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 06:57 - Nov 12 by jackal

I was coming off the M4 at Llangyfelach a few months ago.
A car was coming down the slipway heading towards me and towards the oncoming traffic on the motorway.

I flashed my lights and sounded my horn. A woman with kids in the back, she stopped and opened her window. I explained she was heading onto the M4 the wrong way.

She snapped irritably , " Oh, so I took a wrong turn, big deal."

I snapped back, " Carry on then."

She was actually annoyed that I'd flashed my lights at her and corrected her.

Why do we have to share our roads with people this stupid? With kids in too? A few months ago a polish bloke, I think, was stopped on the m4 by Cardiff at 2am going the wrong way, 3 kids in the car, no car seats, and he was over the limit. I despair

Benny

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 08:18 - Nov 12 with 4114 viewskarnataka

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 07:37 - Nov 12 by byron

Why do we have to share our roads with people this stupid? With kids in too? A few months ago a polish bloke, I think, was stopped on the m4 by Cardiff at 2am going the wrong way, 3 kids in the car, no car seats, and he was over the limit. I despair

It will probably take a long time but I think it's all part of the ongoing natural selection process.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:15 - Nov 12 with 4059 viewsWarwickHunt

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 07:37 - Nov 12 by byron

A polish bloke?

Probably Mr. Sheen. He’s pledged not to do it again though.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 4052 viewsSPboy

Aye, but BMW drivers think they have different rights to everyone else on the road, bit like bus drivers, taxi drivers, etc.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 4052 viewsLeonWasGod

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:15 - Nov 12 by WarwickHunt

A polish bloke?

Probably Mr. Sheen. He’s pledged not to do it again though.

A great example of shining whit there
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:20 - Nov 12 with 4041 viewsWarwickHunt

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:18 - Nov 12 by LeonWasGod

There’s a tap-in waiting for someone...
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:00 - Nov 12 with 3988 viewswaynekerr55

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 06:25 - Nov 12 by Phil_S

Use the council car park opposite the station (round the back of it)it’s £3 a day

The new relief road is substantially quicker most weekdays between 4 and 6

Outside of that though the roads are getting worse but that is part driven by the fact that the standard of driving is going downhill especially on motorways where a large proportion of drivers don’t know the basic rules to which they should operate or have any sense of anticipation

Yes, middle lane hoggers and randomly breaking were my favourites

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:35 - Nov 12 with 3954 viewsjackal

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:00 - Nov 12 by waynekerr55

Don't start me off on middle lane hoggers.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:39 - Nov 12 with 3944 viewsWarwickHunt

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:00 - Nov 12 by waynekerr55

Yep - and the aptly named "undertakers", tailgaters and morons who cut in a few yards after overtaking.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 11:18 - Nov 12 with 3911 viewswaynekerr55

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:39 - Nov 12 by WarwickHunt

Yep - and the aptly named "undertakers", tailgaters and morons who cut in a few yards after overtaking.

With the highest proportion of these mugs found in and around slip roads joining the m25

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:19 - Nov 12 with 3820 viewsbyron

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:39 - Nov 12 by WarwickHunt

Thing is with a load of lorries hogging the inside or deciding to take forphuuuuckingever to overtake another one, the outside full of lunatics who think they are busy and in a rush and going 80 will get them there so much sooner than 70, you are almost stuck in the middle, less you venture wide only to find a bmw with c nut of huge proportion somehow there almost instantly.

Benny

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:07 - Nov 12 with 3773 viewsHighjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:18 - Nov 12 by LeonWasGod

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 16:56 - Nov 12 with 3707 viewsbyron

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:07 - Nov 12 by Highjack

A great example of why some folks should stay clear of drugs

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024