Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving the wrong way on M4 today 20:16 - Nov 11 with 7415 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I joined a queue on the M4 at the last PortTalbot junction eastbound today at about 1pm. After about 5 minutes around 30 or 40 vehicles turned around and went back up the motorway the wrong way and up the slip road. After 20 mins the road cleared but there was still a queue going up the slip road, in the wrong direction, as cars were trying to come down the slip road the right way.

The guy next to me was filming from the passenger seat and showed me his police id card, shaking his head in disbelief.

Why can't people wait for 15 or 20 minutes instead of threatening people's lives?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 20:21]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 17:21 - Nov 12 with 1645 viewsCatullus

I use the M4 from 44-47 5 days a week and it's chaos and madness. There is always some t w a t being extremely selfish and stupid.
Then there's Peniel Green Road. and Frederick Place, the things I see there because people can't wait a few minutes.
I have dashcam footage of a woman driving along the pavement (all 4 wheels) then using the left hand turn/straight on lane, and going through a red light, turning right.

Operation Snap is taking a hiding since I got front and read dashcams!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 18:17 - Nov 12 with 1608 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 17:21 - Nov 12 by Catullus

I use the M4 from 44-47 5 days a week and it's chaos and madness. There is always some t w a t being extremely selfish and stupid.
Then there's Peniel Green Road. and Frederick Place, the things I see there because people can't wait a few minutes.
I have dashcam footage of a woman driving along the pavement (all 4 wheels) then using the left hand turn/straight on lane, and going through a red light, turning right.

A good use of/for technology.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:32 - Nov 12 with 1590 viewsSTID2017

The worst part of it was that the reason for the delay was because a woman friend of mine had been tragically killed after aqua planing and hitting the central reservation some 5 hours earlier.
Perhaps if they knew why they were delayed thy may be a bit more patient.
RIP my dear friend

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:34 - Nov 12 with 1588 viewsbyron

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:32 - Nov 12 by STID2017

The worst part of it was that the reason for the delay was because a woman friend of mine had been tragically killed after aqua planing and hitting the central reservation some 5 hours earlier.
RIP my dear friend

Heard about that, awful.
This was the one I was referring to, must apol to the polish, he was from Birmingham.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-caught-drink-driving-wrong-153

Benny

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:43 - Nov 12 with 1569 viewsdickythorpe

Someone else crashed into central reservation between Cross Hands Roundabout and Botanical Gardens turn off today.

My deepest sympathies to STID
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:46 - Nov 12 with 1563 viewsSTID2017

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:34 - Nov 12 by byron

Heard about that, awful.
This was the one I was referring to, must apol to the polish, he was from Birmingham.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-caught-drink-driving-wrong-153

The guy from stourport could have killed or injured himself, his children and any other road users by his recklessness.
His sentence was too lenient IMHO

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:48 - Nov 12 with 1559 viewsSTID2017

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:43 - Nov 12 by dickythorpe

Someone else crashed into central reservation between Cross Hands Roundabout and Botanical Gardens turn off today.

My deepest sympathies to STID

Thank you.

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:53 - Nov 12 with 1551 viewsMuteswan

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 17:21 - Nov 12 by Catullus

Drive this route regularly at about 4.30 weekdays. Some of the clowns you see joining at junction 45, Ynysforgan, and going west, hurtling up the crawler lane undertaking as many as possible before cutting in and making others brake hard . It’s beyond belief, especially when it’s wet and the two lanes are very busy at this time of day. I’ve been driving for a living for over 40 years and I’ve seen so many “nearly” accidents, I’ll be glad when I can just drive for pleasure.
Login to get fewer ads

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:02 - Nov 12 with 1539 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:53 - Nov 12 by Muteswan

Drive this route regularly at about 4.30 weekdays. Some of the clowns you see joining at junction 45, Ynysforgan, and going west, hurtling up the crawler lane undertaking as many as possible before cutting in and making others brake hard . It’s beyond belief, especially when it’s wet and the two lanes are very busy at this time of day. I’ve been driving for a living for over 40 years and I’ve seen so many “nearly” accidents, I’ll be glad when I can just drive for pleasure.

perhaps they go up as far as they can because idiots won't let them join further back

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:06 - Nov 12 with 1532 viewsMuteswan

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:02 - Nov 12 by Andy1300

perhaps they go up as far as they can because idiots won't let them join further back

That’s not the way it appears to me.
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:27 - Nov 12 with 1513 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:06 - Nov 12 by Muteswan

That’s not the way it appears to me.

Very similar when there's a sign on the motorway saying " overtaking lane closure 1 mile ahead" and drivers are screaming past in the out side lane, then pushing in when literally yards from where the lane is closed.
Absolute kants

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:49 - Nov 12 with 1495 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:27 - Nov 12 by Flashberryjack

Very similar when there's a sign on the motorway saying " overtaking lane closure 1 mile ahead" and drivers are screaming past in the out side lane, then pushing in when literally yards from where the lane is closed.
Absolute kants

You do know that those drivers are actually doing it right and using the lane to the pinch point.

Use both lanes and merge in turn

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:52 - Nov 12 with 1489 viewsAndy1300

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/zip-merging/

so much for berating people for doing it right

It's all down to ignorance and drivers thinking they know best.

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 23:49 - Nov 12 with 1428 viewsDJack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:20 - Nov 12 by WarwickHunt

There’s a tap-in waiting for someone...

I assume you mean swapping the letters s & w around...Which is what I suspect the poster implied as he spelt wit as whit.

That said, if I'm right, I'm still fcking amazed you didn't jump in with both feet.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 19:06 - Nov 13 with 1318 viewsCatullus

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:32 - Nov 12 by STID2017

RIP my dear friend

It's more likely they moaned and called her a selfish beach for causing a delay. That's the way the world has gone, sadly.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 19:18 - Nov 13 with 1311 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:49 - Nov 12 by Andy1300

You do know that those drivers are actually doing it right and using the lane to the pinch point.

Use both lanes and merge in turn

How do you work that one out?

Hello

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:08 - Nov 13 with 1291 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 19:18 - Nov 13 by Flashberryjack

How do you work that one out?

Because I do it because its the right thing to do

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:43 - Nov 13 with 1277 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:08 - Nov 13 by Andy1300

What a load of old bollox.

Hello

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:44 - Nov 13 with 1276 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:43 - Nov 13 by Flashberryjack

What a load of old bollox.

that's what you are spouting

Learn to use the roads properly

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:48 - Nov 13 with 1274 viewsAndy1300

Using The Outside Lane

It is a fact of life that some people will shoot up the outside in an effort to gain ground. When they arrive at the merging point they find to their consternation that the other lane of patient drivers has taken umbrage and the result is a mixture of hooting, glaring, a variety of inventive hand gestures — and a jam.

When traffic is heavy it just makes sense to use both lanes and filter in a polite manner one car at a time. What do you gain by not letting the bloke next to you filter in? One car length. Does that get you to work quicker? No.

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:50 - Nov 13 with 1272 viewsjack2jack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:08 - Nov 13 by Andy1300

It doesn't work because people are selfish tvvats and won't let people merge.
Mainly because they think folk are pushing in
PS. I didn't know that, you learn something new every day.😉
Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:19 - Nov 13 with 1247 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:48 - Nov 13 by Andy1300

Using The Outside Lane

It is a fact of life that some people will shoot up the outside in an effort to gain ground. When they arrive at the merging point they find to their consternation that the other lane of patient drivers has taken umbrage and the result is a mixture of hooting, glaring, a variety of inventive hand gestures — and a jam.

When traffic is heavy it just makes sense to use both lanes and filter in a polite manner one car at a time. What do you gain by not letting the bloke next to you filter in? One car length. Does that get you to work quicker? No.

We are talking motorways, not dual carriageways.

Hello

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:55 - Nov 13 with 1226 viewsDewi1jack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:19 - Nov 12 by byron

Thing is with a load of lorries hogging the inside or deciding to take forphuuuuckingever to overtake another one, the outside full of lunatics who think they are busy and in a rush and going 80 will get them there so much sooner than 70, you are almost stuck in the middle, less you venture wide only to find a bmw with c nut of huge proportion somehow there almost instantly.

Another fukwit driver who thinks us lorry drivers enjoy fuking up the road system.
Read regs governing trucks dickwad and see that we're speed limited by those regulations.

I hope one day you cut me up causing me to smash your car with 44 Tonnes, leaving you with my insurance bill, vehicle rental, load damage and a brand new wagon while mine is rebuilt to the same standard as it is now

Hopefully, and I really do mean that, you won't be hurt, so Dibble can charge you with dangerous driving as well.
Plenty of footage taken from our dash cams of c**t licence holders like you out on various truck and motorbike sites.
Guess I'll have had you on mine somewhere at sometime
Guess your driving standard mirrors your posting standard- abysmally low/ shockingly bad or just pure sh1te in other words

Don't want trucks on the road?
Then don't buy anything and we can all fukoff and do something better with our working lives such as take the pup for a walk on the beach.

Rant over.
Sorry ladies and gents

Accident on the M40 a while ago killing 4 or 5 if I remember- someone driving the wrong way with a caravan.
Dash cam footage is extremely sickening and frightening to say the least.
Think the driver with the van was 80+ and according to his neighbours, very experienced at towing a van around GB and Europe

Maybe it's time for compulsory medicals for all drivers from say 60 yr old.
Guarantees an eyesight test at least.

Immediate suspension and an enhanced driving retest for anyone travelling the wrong way down a motorway with seizure of the car they are driving for 30 days.
Oh and the same for dicks reversing down (up?) a dual carriage way 'cos they missed their turn

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:18 - Nov 14 with 1172 viewsJackSomething

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:44 - Nov 13 by Andy1300

that's what you are spouting

Learn to use the roads properly

Except your link proves you wrong. The studies suggesting zip merging may be beneficial come from America, where the road regulations and conditions are different.

The article actually quotes the Highway Code which says:

“You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed.

"In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily.

"Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.”

We all know that those people are complaining about are not travelling at a low speed, they're bombing up the soon to be closed lane as quickly as possible and expect to be allowed to merge immediately as soon as they reach the lane closure point. You and I both know that in most cases their only motivation is to get ahead of as many people as possible.

Same as merging Westbound at Ynysforgan. I use that junction everyday and never have a problem joining immediately. Often drivers will drop speed/flash me in. Those that use the slow vehicle lane to again get ahead of as many cars as possible should have to wait at the end of the crawler lane, because they are c*ckwombles. They don't want to join immediately because they may have to drop speed and find themselves stuck in the inside lane which is obviously a fate worse than death to some.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 11:32 - Nov 14 with 1149 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:18 - Nov 14 by JackSomething

Except your link proves you wrong. The studies suggesting zip merging may be beneficial come from America, where the road regulations and conditions are different.

The article actually quotes the Highway Code which says:

“You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed.

"In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily.

"Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.”

We all know that those people are complaining about are not travelling at a low speed, they're bombing up the soon to be closed lane as quickly as possible and expect to be allowed to merge immediately as soon as they reach the lane closure point. You and I both know that in most cases their only motivation is to get ahead of as many people as possible.

Same as merging Westbound at Ynysforgan. I use that junction everyday and never have a problem joining immediately. Often drivers will drop speed/flash me in. Those that use the slow vehicle lane to again get ahead of as many cars as possible should have to wait at the end of the crawler lane, because they are c*ckwombles. They don't want to join immediately because they may have to drop speed and find themselves stuck in the inside lane which is obviously a fate worse than death to some.

As I said earlier, he' talking bollox.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024