Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving the wrong way on M4 today 20:16 - Nov 11 with 7493 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I joined a queue on the M4 at the last PortTalbot junction eastbound today at about 1pm. After about 5 minutes around 30 or 40 vehicles turned around and went back up the motorway the wrong way and up the slip road. After 20 mins the road cleared but there was still a queue going up the slip road, in the wrong direction, as cars were trying to come down the slip road the right way.

The guy next to me was filming from the passenger seat and showed me his police id card, shaking his head in disbelief.

Why can't people wait for 15 or 20 minutes instead of threatening people's lives?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 20:21]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 13:06 - Nov 14 with 1093 viewsbyron

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:55 - Nov 13 by Dewi1jack

Another fukwit driver who thinks us lorry drivers enjoy fuking up the road system.
Read regs governing trucks dickwad and see that we're speed limited by those regulations.

I hope one day you cut me up causing me to smash your car with 44 Tonnes, leaving you with my insurance bill, vehicle rental, load damage and a brand new wagon while mine is rebuilt to the same standard as it is now

Hopefully, and I really do mean that, you won't be hurt, so Dibble can charge you with dangerous driving as well.
Plenty of footage taken from our dash cams of c**t licence holders like you out on various truck and motorbike sites.
Guess I'll have had you on mine somewhere at sometime
Guess your driving standard mirrors your posting standard- abysmally low/ shockingly bad or just pure sh1te in other words

Don't want trucks on the road?
Then don't buy anything and we can all fukoff and do something better with our working lives such as take the pup for a walk on the beach.

Rant over.
Sorry ladies and gents

Accident on the M40 a while ago killing 4 or 5 if I remember- someone driving the wrong way with a caravan.
Dash cam footage is extremely sickening and frightening to say the least.
Think the driver with the van was 80+ and according to his neighbours, very experienced at towing a van around GB and Europe

Maybe it's time for compulsory medicals for all drivers from say 60 yr old.
Guarantees an eyesight test at least.

Immediate suspension and an enhanced driving retest for anyone travelling the wrong way down a motorway with seizure of the car they are driving for 30 days.
Oh and the same for dicks reversing down (up?) a dual carriage way 'cos they missed their turn

To be expected from you. Think lorry drivers need to do an IQ test needing over 60 to pass, that would clear the roads of around half straight away. Chuck you all on the A or B rds I say, keep the mororways free for all the foreign loons, bmw drivers and old people driving the wrong way.🤪

Benny

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:02 - Nov 14 with 1050 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:19 - Nov 13 by Flashberryjack

We are talking motorways, not dual carriageways.

Same thing applies

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:05 - Nov 14 with 1048 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 11:32 - Nov 14 by Flashberryjack

As I said earlier, he' talking bollox.

There we are then, you sit in a lane of traffic for a mile and leave a lane next to you empty.

Use both lanes to the pinch point then merge in turn you cockwomble

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:09 - Nov 14 with 1044 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:18 - Nov 14 by JackSomething

Except your link proves you wrong. The studies suggesting zip merging may be beneficial come from America, where the road regulations and conditions are different.

The article actually quotes the Highway Code which says:

“You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed.

"In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily.

"Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.”

We all know that those people are complaining about are not travelling at a low speed, they're bombing up the soon to be closed lane as quickly as possible and expect to be allowed to merge immediately as soon as they reach the lane closure point. You and I both know that in most cases their only motivation is to get ahead of as many people as possible.

Same as merging Westbound at Ynysforgan. I use that junction everyday and never have a problem joining immediately. Often drivers will drop speed/flash me in. Those that use the slow vehicle lane to again get ahead of as many cars as possible should have to wait at the end of the crawler lane, because they are c*ckwombles. They don't want to join immediately because they may have to drop speed and find themselves stuck in the inside lane which is obviously a fate worse than death to some.

You forgot to quote this part

When motorists encounter a lane closure on a motorway or dual carriageway, the majority of drivers follow the etiquette of moving over early, but this creates one long, slow line of traffic and a near-empty outside lane.

While motorists on the inside lane might think they’re doing the right thing, it can be more beneficial to continue using the open lane until the last minute, utilising all of the available road and then ‘merging in turn’ at the point at which the road narrows to a single lane.

However, many drivers find it annoying to watch fellow motorists using the outside lane as they sit stationary on the inside.

But if we remove good old-fashioned British queuing etiquette from the equation taking all emotion out of the scenario, the plain and simple fact is that two lanes of slow moving traffic are better than one.

So if cars use all of the space available to them on both lanes, it should result in the line of congestion disappearing, or at the very least reduced.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 15:09]

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 18:10 - Nov 14 with 1017 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:09 - Nov 14 by Andy1300

You forgot to quote this part

When motorists encounter a lane closure on a motorway or dual carriageway, the majority of drivers follow the etiquette of moving over early, but this creates one long, slow line of traffic and a near-empty outside lane.

While motorists on the inside lane might think they’re doing the right thing, it can be more beneficial to continue using the open lane until the last minute, utilising all of the available road and then ‘merging in turn’ at the point at which the road narrows to a single lane.

However, many drivers find it annoying to watch fellow motorists using the outside lane as they sit stationary on the inside.

But if we remove good old-fashioned British queuing etiquette from the equation taking all emotion out of the scenario, the plain and simple fact is that two lanes of slow moving traffic are better than one.

So if cars use all of the space available to them on both lanes, it should result in the line of congestion disappearing, or at the very least reduced.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 15:09]

Whom ever wrote that knows fook all about driving on British motorways.
Fact !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 19:55 - Nov 14 with 988 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 18:10 - Nov 14 by Flashberryjack

Whom ever wrote that knows fook all about driving on British motorways.
Fact !

.......or queuing theory.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 19:58 - Nov 14 with 988 viewsCatullus

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 21:02 - Nov 12 by Andy1300

perhaps they go up as far as they can because idiots won't let them join further back

I often see cars speeding up and using the crawler lane to get ahead, usually when the traffic is heavy and slow moving. I see people accelerate into a gap and straight into the outside lane causing someone to brake hard, I've seen cars overtake then pull straight across and over chevrons to get into an off slip road rather than slow down and pull in behind. My particluar favourite is the idiot who is right up your back end as if trying to make you go faster which always illicits the same response, I carefully ease off and go more slowly, though not dangeroulsy slowly and my dashcams will prove most helpful in any accident.

I see so much idiocy but usually it's lorry and bus/coach drivers who drive best. The biggest tvvats are the ones in flashy cars and big 4X4's (the powerful cars) who think they can bully you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:40 - Nov 14 with 974 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 15:05 - Nov 14 by Andy1300

There we are then, you sit in a lane of traffic for a mile and leave a lane next to you empty.

Use both lanes to the pinch point then merge in turn you cockwomble

I don't think you understand the concept of following motorway traffic signs in an orderly and safe manner.

Oh ! your last comment says it all.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:35 - Nov 14 with 950 viewsAndy1300

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 20:40 - Nov 14 by Flashberryjack

I don't think you understand the concept of following motorway traffic signs in an orderly and safe manner.

Oh ! your last comment says it all.

I think it's you that don't understand how to use the motorway and follow signs

Number 1 team in Wales

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:47 - Nov 14 with 944 viewsLord_Bony

If you think the M4 is bad, then check out these crazy Russian drivers.

There are some really horrific fatalities in some videos from dash cams that are just too much to put up on here.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 08:40 - Nov 15 with 872 viewsCatullus

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:47 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

If you think the M4 is bad, then check out these crazy Russian drivers.

There are some really horrific fatalities in some videos from dash cams that are just too much to put up on here.

I went to Moscow to watch the Wales Euro Championship play off match, the driving I saw was.....interesting.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:47 - Nov 15 with 846 viewsLord_Bony

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 08:40 - Nov 15 by Catullus

I went to Moscow to watch the Wales Euro Championship play off match, the driving I saw was.....interesting.

The problem being ,many Russian drivers pass their driving test by bribing the examiners. Test examiners expect this.

They are not properly qualified to drive as a result.

This is well known.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 10:13 - Nov 15 with 825 viewsCatullus

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 09:47 - Nov 15 by Lord_Bony

The problem being ,many Russian drivers pass their driving test by bribing the examiners. Test examiners expect this.

They are not properly qualified to drive as a result.

This is well known.

Corruption eh, in this country we do it properly, we teach people to drive then they go off and ignore or forget everything they've been taught. There's so few police around people behave like lunatics with little chance of being caught and we end up with 'operation snap' where, effectively, we do the police's job for them.
That's the way it's going with most crime, the police won't investigate unless you can provide them with a solid lead and evidence. Either that or you find yourself surrounded by 10 coppers for a perceived hate crime, or as happened in Portsmouth, a man wanted on recal to prisonl climbed onto a roof and had over 100 police there, including ARV's and dogs which cost 18k.

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:21 - Nov 15 with 798 viewsSenhin

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:19 - Nov 12 by byron

Thing is with a load of lorries hogging the inside or deciding to take forphuuuuckingever to overtake another one, the outside full of lunatics who think they are busy and in a rush and going 80 will get them there so much sooner than 70, you are almost stuck in the middle, less you venture wide only to find a bmw with c nut of huge proportion somehow there almost instantly.

Not saying to do it but doing 90 instead of 70 would take 45 mins each way off some of my commutes... So it does make a difference to them.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:40 - Nov 15 with 785 viewsFlashberryjack

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 22:35 - Nov 14 by Andy1300

I think it's you that don't understand how to use the motorway and follow signs

If the sign says the lane is closed, get in another lane when safe to do so, f*ck me whats hard to understand about that.
Obviously the likes of you don't.

Hello

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 17:00 - Nov 15 with 754 viewsCatullus

Driving the wrong way on M4 today on 14:21 - Nov 15 by Senhin

Not saying to do it but doing 90 instead of 70 would take 45 mins each way off some of my commutes... So it does make a difference to them.

Only if you can do 90 all the way, possibly? How often can you go 90 from A to B with no hold ups?
The truth is people doing a steady 60-65 will do the same journy in roughly 15-20 mins longer and will be safer.
It's the minority who go way too fast who, somewhat ironically, end up causing the traffic to slow down because they get all bunched up together.

Regardless, better to arrive 30 mins late than never to arrive at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024