Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U21's beating Charlton away 21:15 - Nov 13 with 2769 viewsThrasher6

0-1...the boy Adnan Maric

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

U21's beating Charlton away on 21:40 - Nov 13 with 2682 viewsbuilthjack

Good win

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

U21's beating Charlton away on 22:02 - Nov 13 with 2602 viewsjackrmee

Seem to be bringing Govea back very cautiosly. Only 11mins from him again. The well being of the players is number 1 priority at the club now (maybe Jasper will tell me it was the case with the kids previously and I hope it was). Really good to see. As a whole I have not been as happy and proud to be a supporter of this club since we were promoted and were the most talked about football club in the world.*

* Do you reckon we were? One of definitely.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

U21's beating Charlton away on 23:09 - Nov 13 with 2502 viewsshenleymun

FFS I was going to go to this, it was supposed to be next week

I know it’s a joke competition to some but why not tell us it had moved???
U21's beating Charlton away on 23:56 - Nov 13 with 2442 viewsjasper_T

U21's beating Charlton away on 03:09 - Nov 14 with 2361 viewsSwan91

The fact that most of our best youngsters are now in the first time so this season I'm sure the youth team has also had a loss of quite a few players... and yet we are still able to beat a team like Charlton.. I think this season has giving me the excitement and hope that I had for this club way before.. and I hope that in the future we can continue to grow.. and not lose our football philosophy like we did roughly 3 seasons before..
U21's beating Charlton away on 11:01 - Nov 14 with 2137 viewsThrasher6

U21's beating Charlton away on 03:09 - Nov 14 by Swan91

The fact that most of our best youngsters are now in the first time so this season I'm sure the youth team has also had a loss of quite a few players... and yet we are still able to beat a team like Charlton.. I think this season has giving me the excitement and hope that I had for this club way before.. and I hope that in the future we can continue to grow.. and not lose our football philosophy like we did roughly 3 seasons before..

Good post

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

U21's beating Charlton away on 07:55 - Nov 15 with 1889 viewsKilkennyjack

U21's beating Charlton away on 03:09 - Nov 14 by Swan91

Connor is 23, not 17 mind....

Beware of the Risen People

U21's beating Charlton away on 22:48 - Nov 15 with 1690 viewsGriffting

Jasper, there’s a couple of players who caught the eye there I’d like to get the low down on regarding how close they might be to the first team, such as Jordan Garrick? Seemed to pick up momentum last season and looked decent in those albeit brief highlights. Oli Cooper also looks a tidy little player in the highlights I’ve seen. Would have thought Maric and Aaron Lewis are surely the next guys in and around the first team, though?
Login to get fewer ads

U21's beating Charlton away on 23:57 - Nov 15 with 1647 viewsjasper_T

U21's beating Charlton away on 22:48 - Nov 15 by Griffting

Jasper, there’s a couple of players who caught the eye there I’d like to get the low down on regarding how close they might be to the first team, such as Jordan Garrick? Seemed to pick up momentum last season and looked decent in those albeit brief highlights. Oli Cooper also looks a tidy little player in the highlights I’ve seen. Would have thought Maric and Aaron Lewis are surely the next guys in and around the first team, though?

Garrick was progressing well last season before he tore his hamstring. All depends how well he recovers from it (I've only seen 5-10 minutes of him on as sub this season). Some sprinters never come back fully. Physically he looked the part and was learning to bully fullbacks with power and pace, but less complete than DJ in his contribution. Be interesting to see how he compares to Asoro when both are fit. Similar age, profile and preferred position, could be closer than the pricetags suggest.

Cooper I'm not sure of. Struggles to get involved in games, spends most of his time chasing trying to keep up (a bit like Cullen since he's stepped up to U23s). Nice lad by all accounts, proved a lot of people wrong already by getting a pro deal. Wait and see.

Maric loses the ball too much for a central midfielder imo. Lewis a bit slow for fullback and a victim of his own versatility in getting shunted to left back so often for the u23s (Potter clearly didn't fancy a right footer there for the first team in preseason, picking Ryan fcking Blair ahead of him for one game). Both could do with loans. Too much competition here for their preferred roles.

Simon Paulet looks promising imo. Not flashy but showing good signs. And Joe Lewis is very unfortunate to be coming through at the same time as Cooper and Cabango, very good competition here at centre half. May not need vdH next season.
U21's beating Charlton away on 13:22 - Nov 16 with 1515 viewsjasper_T

U21's beating Charlton away on 13:57 - Nov 16 with 1468 viewstheloneranger

Southern half of the draw:

SOUTHERN DRAW A

Chelsea U21 vs AFC Wimbledon

Portsmouth vs Arsenal U21

Cambridge vs Northampton

Exeter City vs Peterborough

SOUTHERN DRAW B

Cheltenham vs Newport Co

Luton vs Southend

Oxford vs Tottenham U21

Swansea vs Bristol Rovers
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 14:01]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

U21's beating Charlton away on 09:50 - Nov 18 with 1277 viewsjackrmee

U21's beating Charlton away on 13:57 - Nov 16 by theloneranger

Southern half of the draw:

SOUTHERN DRAW A

Chelsea U21 vs AFC Wimbledon

Portsmouth vs Arsenal U21

Cambridge vs Northampton

Exeter City vs Peterborough

SOUTHERN DRAW B

Cheltenham vs Newport Co

Luton vs Southend

Oxford vs Tottenham U21

Swansea vs Bristol Rovers
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 14:01]

Is it 2 legs?
I thought we always had to play away from home in this?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

U21's beating Charlton away on 10:52 - Nov 18 with 1239 viewsPrivate_Partz

U21's beating Charlton away on 23:57 - Nov 15 by jasper_T

Garrick was progressing well last season before he tore his hamstring. All depends how well he recovers from it (I've only seen 5-10 minutes of him on as sub this season). Some sprinters never come back fully. Physically he looked the part and was learning to bully fullbacks with power and pace, but less complete than DJ in his contribution. Be interesting to see how he compares to Asoro when both are fit. Similar age, profile and preferred position, could be closer than the pricetags suggest.

Cooper I'm not sure of. Struggles to get involved in games, spends most of his time chasing trying to keep up (a bit like Cullen since he's stepped up to U23s). Nice lad by all accounts, proved a lot of people wrong already by getting a pro deal. Wait and see.

Maric loses the ball too much for a central midfielder imo. Lewis a bit slow for fullback and a victim of his own versatility in getting shunted to left back so often for the u23s (Potter clearly didn't fancy a right footer there for the first team in preseason, picking Ryan fcking Blair ahead of him for one game). Both could do with loans. Too much competition here for their preferred roles.

Simon Paulet looks promising imo. Not flashy but showing good signs. And Joe Lewis is very unfortunate to be coming through at the same time as Cooper and Cabango, very good competition here at centre half. May not need vdH next season.

Some will make the grade and some will fail and maybe get a career in the lower leagues.
I was wrong. I thought the U23s/ Academy were hopeless tasks. I now think it was the first team style of football that was holdong them back.
I now feel our passing game in the first team allows players to develope and progress. We never really lost the style in the Under twenty threes and the Academy.
Now that all levels are in sync then dividends seem to be paying off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

U21's beating Charlton away on 11:07 - Nov 18 with 1228 viewsjasper_T

U21's beating Charlton away on 09:50 - Nov 18 by jackrmee

Is it 2 legs?
I thought we always had to play away from home in this?

We won the group so get a home tie in the first knockout round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024