Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The world has gone mad. 22:15 - Nov 13 with 2956 viewsSgorioFruit

£5 million bonus

Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The world has gone mad. on 22:20 - Nov 13 with 2948 viewspencoedjack

I thought the same .....

Nice top up for his 2.5 million salary
The world has gone mad. on 22:29 - Nov 13 with 2925 viewsploppy

I'm happy to put £1 in a collection when someone leaves the company. £250,000 is taking the p!ss.
The world has gone mad. on 22:58 - Nov 13 with 2882 viewsKennedy

250k is not much these days to a PL club. And if this guy managed to make you millions with his negotiating skills then it's a nice goodbye gift.

Just call me JFK

The world has gone mad. on 13:16 - Nov 15 with 2667 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He guided the Premier League to a point where even woeful teams like Swansea City in 2017/18 and the likes of Cardiff this year pick up a guaranteed £100,000,000 a year. Considering how other major leagues have regressed, and how others have grossly unfair distribution of the TV money, I think he has done a fantastic job and £250,000 from each club is a fraction of what he'll have helped them earn for the past decade and years to come.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The world has gone mad. on 13:42 - Nov 15 with 2629 viewsFireboy2

The world has gone mad. on 13:16 - Nov 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He guided the Premier League to a point where even woeful teams like Swansea City in 2017/18 and the likes of Cardiff this year pick up a guaranteed £100,000,000 a year. Considering how other major leagues have regressed, and how others have grossly unfair distribution of the TV money, I think he has done a fantastic job and £250,000 from each club is a fraction of what he'll have helped them earn for the past decade and years to come.

Thats what he was getting paid handsomely for doing

His job
The world has gone mad. on 13:44 - Nov 15 with 2627 viewsFlashberryjack

He's already been very well paid for doing that job (some would say over paid)
A nice engraved pocket watch would suffice.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The world has gone mad. on 14:34 - Nov 15 with 2560 viewsraynor94

The world has gone mad. on 22:58 - Nov 13 by Kennedy

250k is not much these days to a PL club. And if this guy managed to make you millions with his negotiating skills then it's a nice goodbye gift.

My feelings too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The world has gone mad. on 22:06 - Nov 15 with 2394 viewsjeza739

Yet another reason why you can shove that money making circus where the sun never shines. Disgraceful. He should be embarrassed to accept it. Most of the clubs are not paying their staff a living wage or if they have 250k floating about spare either give it to local charities, football related charities or even use it to reduce ticket prices..
Then again how silly and naive of me
Login to get fewer ads

The world has gone mad. on 23:15 - Nov 15 with 2336 viewsJackFish

Bit of a weird thing for people to be getting annoyed about when nobody bats an eyelid when a relegation-battling teams can spunk £120k a week on wages for one player.
The world has gone mad. on 00:07 - Nov 16 with 2313 viewsjasper_T

The world has gone mad. on 23:15 - Nov 15 by JackFish

Bit of a weird thing for people to be getting annoyed about when nobody bats an eyelid when a relegation-battling teams can spunk £120k a week on wages for one player.

A £120k/week player could be the difference between PL income and the Championship poverty line. Can't think of many where no one batted an eye, mind.

Scudamore could sit back and watch bidding wars do his work for him for much of his tenure. Sky promoted the product to the point where everyone wanted a share. New boss is going to have her work cut out now that Sky and BT have started working things out between themselves before coming to the table.
The world has gone mad. on 17:50 - Nov 16 with 2170 viewsKilkennyjack

He should gift the lot to kids charity and grass roots sport.

Niall Quinn gifted £1m 👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

The world has gone mad. on 09:02 - Nov 17 with 2108 viewsCatullus

The world has gone mad. on 17:50 - Nov 16 by Kilkennyjack

He should gift the lot to kids charity and grass roots sport.

Niall Quinn gifted £1m 👏👏

Giving the money to charity would be nice but this is the already rich we are talking about, these people don't have the morals and scruples. After all, just because he earned over 25 million it doesn't mean he doesn't need or deserve another 5 million!

On the other hand, he perpetuated greed, looked after EPL clubs while shafting EFL clubs and created a wealth gap so large that relegation form the EPL usually results in financial chaos....but he looked after the big clubs needs and they will never have to worry.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/15/richard-scudamore-5m-gift-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The world has gone mad. on 09:20 - Nov 17 with 2102 viewsoldcob

He might have done a wonderful job Dwight, but he was wonderfully rewarded with a wage people like us could only dream of. Better he donated the money to ex players who have fallen on hard times because of illness. Our own ex player Johnrose would be a good place to start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024