Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone Grounds 08:47 - Nov 14 with 5567 viewsDarran

http://readtheleague.com/the-big-feature/gone-grounds-vetch-field

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gone Grounds on 23:24 - Nov 16 with 1316 viewsDarran

Gone Grounds on 23:19 - Nov 16 by jack_lord

Was he one of the guys on the turnstile or stewards? We kept the same staff on the East stand most of the time.

Steward on the big yellow gates.

Gone Grounds on 23:47 - Nov 16 with 1307 viewsjack_lord

Gone Grounds on 23:24 - Nov 16 by Darran

Steward on the big yellow gates.

one of the guys was a bit portly and worked on that gate, but I can't imagine he would be mean to Amy. I left the club in 1998 though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Gone Grounds on 23:51 - Nov 16 with 1305 viewsDarran

Gone Grounds on 23:47 - Nov 16 by jack_lord

one of the guys was a bit portly and worked on that gate, but I can't imagine he would be mean to Amy. I left the club in 1998 though.

What you think I’m making it up?

Fuçk my eyes.

Gone Grounds on 08:24 - Nov 17 with 1274 viewsCatullus

Gone Grounds on 22:57 - Nov 16 by Darran

Anyone remember that fat çunt Phil on the main gate by the East Stand.
Not many people have picked on Amy throughout the years but that fuçking prick did.
Fuçking freak.

Phil. the one with the gammy leg? Well known narky chunt he was. He'd argue with his own shadow. Give someone a bit of power. He used to get stroppy with the gatemen too, refused to let me in one day even though he knew I worked there, just to be the 'big man' which of course he wasn't. The head steward heard the row and came and let me in.
Regular up Penlan Social club he was/is. Saw him a few weeks back in town, still got the same annoyed look on his face.

Edit, Phil was working there before 98 because I wasn't quite 18 yet so it was 83/84/85 when he got narky with me.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2018 8:45]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gone Grounds on 08:59 - Nov 17 with 1265 viewsDarran

Gone Grounds on 08:24 - Nov 17 by Catullus

Phil. the one with the gammy leg? Well known narky chunt he was. He'd argue with his own shadow. Give someone a bit of power. He used to get stroppy with the gatemen too, refused to let me in one day even though he knew I worked there, just to be the 'big man' which of course he wasn't. The head steward heard the row and came and let me in.
Regular up Penlan Social club he was/is. Saw him a few weeks back in town, still got the same annoyed look on his face.

Edit, Phil was working there before 98 because I wasn't quite 18 yet so it was 83/84/85 when he got narky with me.

That’s him Phil,right prick.

Gone Grounds on 09:49 - Nov 17 with 1256 views1983

Shame than nothing was noted between 1996 and 2005?

Gone Grounds on 10:02 - Nov 17 with 1249 viewsDarran

Gone Grounds on 09:49 - Nov 17 by 1983

Shame than nothing was noted between 1996 and 2005?

What?

Gone Grounds on 10:34 - Nov 17 with 1231 viewsWingstandwood

Gone Grounds on 08:24 - Nov 17 by Catullus

There are some individuals in life that are so hateful, that only by experiencing these horrid types up close and personal, or by having to personally witness another family members distress can someone only fully begin to appreciate just how revolting these personality-types are.

There was an absolute b1tch of a librarian working in Gorseinon over twenty years ago. She was so anti-social and vile to the extreme it was surreal.

In an hateful act of pure unwarranted spite she humiliated an (innocent) mother of a wheelchair-bound disabled child and ordered her to turn out the entire contents of her handbag (theft innuendo) in front of general public members. The mother then wrote about her experience to the SWEP and the floodgates opened wide because a few others wrote in also.

So many people are not wrong. Believe me the 'public-servant' I mentioned belonged on another planet, I encountered her gratuitous o.t.t nastiness myself and you had to see it to believe it at times. People like that you never ever forget in life!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Gone Grounds on 11:33 - Nov 17 with 1202 views1983

Gone Grounds on 10:02 - Nov 17 by Darran

What?

jumps from 1996 to the final game at the Vetch
Just saying like

Gone Grounds on 12:11 - Nov 17 with 1187 viewsCatullus

Gone Grounds on 11:33 - Nov 17 by 1983

jumps from 1996 to the final game at the Vetch
Just saying like

What jumps?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gone Grounds on 12:04 - Nov 18 with 1085 viewsjacktar

Gone Grounds on 12:11 - Nov 17 by Catullus

What jumps?

I think he's referring to the time gaps in the original article.
As I said in an earlier thread I was surprised that there was no mention of Harry Griffiths who was a large part of Vetch field and Swans history IMO.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Gone Grounds on 12:46 - Nov 18 with 1070 viewstheloneranger

Walter Whittaker our first manager was landlord of the Adam and Eve in High Street when he died of pneumonia in 1917 aged just 37/38.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gone Grounds on 18:37 - Nov 18 with 1020 viewsjack_lord

Gone Grounds on 23:51 - Nov 16 by Darran

What you think I’m making it up?

Fuçk my eyes.

no you ignoramus, I was thinking of one guy but it couldn't have been in and would have been someone else. I have had a memory recall of a much larger guy who indeed was a rude fokker.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Gone Grounds on 19:19 - Nov 18 with 1009 viewsswan65split

Gone Grounds on 08:59 - Nov 17 by Darran

That’s him Phil,right prick.

I remember him, real happy bathplug, and I thought I was a grumpy fook.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024