Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Centre 18:41 - Nov 14 with 5704 viewsymaohyd

Just reading an article in the Swansea section of Wales on Line regarding the various developments proposed for the city centre.

Reading between the lines it seems that none of them are truly moving forward.

The gondola scheme from Kilvey Hill seems one step away from being shelved (of you get away from the sound bites), as ever with Swansea a ridiculous situation whereby if the gondolas go over the river a substantial payment will need to be made to some Duke's trust fund as they own part of the river bed and they are based in Somerset!

No businesses have looked at the old Landore works, Homebase soon to fold half of the units in Parc Tawe are empty including the old Toys T Us.

The article outlines pipe dreams, artists impressions with very little concrete developments moving forward. I'm still not convinced that this indoor arena will be built.

Swansea City Council look as if they will make mass redundancies shortly.

Hang on though another article highlights that Swansea does Beaujolais day better than any one else! Basically fat, ugly women will be getting off their tits with an excuse to do so...yes very Swansea!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

City Centre on 18:51 - Nov 14 with 4385 viewspikeypaul

The sooner it’s bulldozed the better.

It’s full of scummy bookmakers,charity shops, and cafes catering to obese women stuffing their ugly faces.

The sooner online completely takes over the better, the high street is so 20th century and only caters to the people who have not progressed.

In 20 years it will be gone and forgotten just like our membership of the EU.

Happy days.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 18:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

City Centre on 19:15 - Nov 14 with 4331 viewsraynor94

The article you read is over a week old, Penderyn have secured lottery funding to go ahead with the distillery, exploratory work has started on the arena site.

The Kingsway development will be finished one day not all gloom and doom

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

City Centre on 19:17 - Nov 14 with 4317 viewsLord_Bony

I agree.

Fat ,obese ugly women stuffin their faces in the town centre all day long.

Just bulldoze the feckin place.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

City Centre on 19:32 - Nov 14 with 4285 viewsHumpty

The city centre needs some kind of warehouse to home all the sad, misogynist w@nkers Swansea seems to produce.

When they're all in there we can brick the place shut. Give decent folk a bit of peace.
City Centre on 19:37 - Nov 14 with 4270 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

As I've said before, my old man maintained that the only organisation that had a clear strategy for the centre of Swansea were the Luftwaffe.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

City Centre on 19:43 - Nov 14 with 4249 viewsCatullus

City Centre on 19:17 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

I agree.

Fat ,obese ugly women stuffin their faces in the town centre all day long.

Just bulldoze the feckin place.

There's quite a few fat ugly men involved too, I know some of them. I steer clear of the town centre as much as possible.

If, as suggested, we build a warehouse for mysoginists we'll need room for the misandrists too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

City Centre on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 4247 viewsPegojack

What the FECK is going on with the Kingsway? When I was back recently and had to take my mum to the Yorkshire BS in Union Street, it was like a bombsite.
City Centre on 19:59 - Nov 14 with 4224 viewsangryjack

It's all bullsh@ t always our council is a mess
Login to get fewer ads

City Centre on 20:21 - Nov 14 with 4186 viewslifelong

I parked in Parc Tawe yesterday, it was very quiet, a lot of the new premises there remain empty, I walked into the City Centre past the Bowling Alley and out by the Castle Cinema, there was a young man in his early 20’s rummaging through large wheeley bins looking for food.
Lots of scaffolding erected against where the Three Lamps used to be, Oxford Street was busy, the Christmas Market Stalls were being set up with a few of them already open. The market was very busy although a lot of the table stalls were empty, some great local produce, meat and fish on offer there.
I enjoy my weekly jaunt into the City Centre as it holds a lot of memories but, as much as I hate to say, it is a complete mess.
City Centre on 20:26 - Nov 14 with 4180 viewsLord_Bony

City Centre on 19:32 - Nov 14 by Humpty

The city centre needs some kind of warehouse to home all the sad, misogynist w@nkers Swansea seems to produce.

When they're all in there we can brick the place shut. Give decent folk a bit of peace.

The city centre needs some kind of whorehouse in my humble opinion.

Could be a major attraction.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

City Centre on 20:44 - Nov 14 with 4147 viewsWingstandwood

City Centre on 20:26 - Nov 14 by Lord_Bony

The city centre needs some kind of whorehouse in my humble opinion.

Could be a major attraction.

And that aside, away from the topic your avatar? Peter Cushing in The Curse Of Frankenstein?

Argus!

City Centre on 20:49 - Nov 14 with 4126 viewsjack2jack

City Centre on 20:21 - Nov 14 by lifelong

I parked in Parc Tawe yesterday, it was very quiet, a lot of the new premises there remain empty, I walked into the City Centre past the Bowling Alley and out by the Castle Cinema, there was a young man in his early 20’s rummaging through large wheeley bins looking for food.
Lots of scaffolding erected against where the Three Lamps used to be, Oxford Street was busy, the Christmas Market Stalls were being set up with a few of them already open. The market was very busy although a lot of the table stalls were empty, some great local produce, meat and fish on offer there.
I enjoy my weekly jaunt into the City Centre as it holds a lot of memories but, as much as I hate to say, it is a complete mess.

I called in yesterday too, after work.
Hell it was depressing, admittedly it was dark, raining and cold.
But looking around as I walked through, I couldn't help but think that the place is dying on its arse.
I know that we've done this to death, but, please finish the road system for god's sake, yet another festive season is upon us, and The Kingsway will be left unfinished until after Christmas, with the obligatory temporary crossings etc.
Boarded up shops, tatty facades, grubby footpaths etc etc.Its sad to see, and makes me angry, it was never perfect, but it's getting worse.I love my City, but it needs help, and fast.There are some tidy areas, no disputing that, but overall its not good.
What the answer is I don't know given the current economic climate.
The blame lies with WAG for me throwing any money they have on stupid schemes like the I'll fated Bendy bus.Wheras The Council are just grateful for any crumbs that come it's way, hoping in vain that any investment will bring dividends.
The Arena and associated development will happen, and will give a much needed boost to the area, if and I say if it doesn't, then, it's probably the end of any future development plans, because this should be the start not the end.
City Centre on 20:49 - Nov 14 with 4128 viewsLord_Bony

City Centre on 20:44 - Nov 14 by Wingstandwood

And that aside, away from the topic your avatar? Peter Cushing in The Curse Of Frankenstein?

My dearest fellow, that is perfectly correct.

City Centre on 19:44 - Nov 15 with 3822 viewsymaohyd

City Centre on 20:49 - Nov 14 by jack2jack

I called in yesterday too, after work.
Hell it was depressing, admittedly it was dark, raining and cold.
But looking around as I walked through, I couldn't help but think that the place is dying on its arse.
I know that we've done this to death, but, please finish the road system for god's sake, yet another festive season is upon us, and The Kingsway will be left unfinished until after Christmas, with the obligatory temporary crossings etc.
Boarded up shops, tatty facades, grubby footpaths etc etc.Its sad to see, and makes me angry, it was never perfect, but it's getting worse.I love my City, but it needs help, and fast.There are some tidy areas, no disputing that, but overall its not good.
What the answer is I don't know given the current economic climate.
The blame lies with WAG for me throwing any money they have on stupid schemes like the I'll fated Bendy bus.Wheras The Council are just grateful for any crumbs that come it's way, hoping in vain that any investment will bring dividends.
The Arena and associated development will happen, and will give a much needed boost to the area, if and I say if it doesn't, then, it's probably the end of any future development plans, because this should be the start not the end.

Well said.

All so sad. What does my head in more than anything is articles like Wales On Line where you read between the lines and it appears to be obvious that some of the proposed plans aren't going to happen.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

City Centre on 20:25 - Nov 15 with 3767 viewsjack2jack

City Centre on 19:44 - Nov 14 by Pegojack

What the FECK is going on with the Kingsway? When I was back recently and had to take my mum to the Yorkshire BS in Union Street, it was like a bombsite.

The Kingsway is being revamped, I think they are calling it The Digital Quarter.
It's a multi million pound scheme to improve..........oh fvck it, they are digging the roads up again, it'll be finished in a year or so.😉
City Centre on 21:11 - Nov 15 with 3705 viewsbyron

City Centre on 18:51 - Nov 14 by pikeypaul

The sooner it’s bulldozed the better.

It’s full of scummy bookmakers,charity shops, and cafes catering to obese women stuffing their ugly faces.

The sooner online completely takes over the better, the high street is so 20th century and only caters to the people who have not progressed.

In 20 years it will be gone and forgotten just like our membership of the EU.

Happy days.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 18:56]

So, when the shops have gone what you going to fill the space with? More student flats? Cheap eats and soulless chain bars? There will always be shops, a lot will go in the next decade but women in particular always want to try on clothes etc...it’s what they do.

Benny

City Centre on 21:21 - Nov 15 with 3695 viewsJackfath

City Centre on 21:11 - Nov 15 by byron

So, when the shops have gone what you going to fill the space with? More student flats? Cheap eats and soulless chain bars? There will always be shops, a lot will go in the next decade but women in particular always want to try on clothes etc...it’s what they do.

That's exactly right, because students have more money than the average swansea citizen. They bring money in, they spend it here. Fill the city centre with them. That's the strategy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

City Centre on 21:30 - Nov 15 with 3669 viewsjack2jack

City Centre on 21:21 - Nov 15 by Jackfath

That's exactly right, because students have more money than the average swansea citizen. They bring money in, they spend it here. Fill the city centre with them. That's the strategy.

50 000 I'd heard!
City Centre on 21:31 - Nov 15 with 3665 viewsJackfath

City Centre on 21:30 - Nov 15 by jack2jack

50 000 I'd heard!

The more the merrier.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

City Centre on 21:32 - Nov 15 with 3663 viewsMrSwerve

Make Castle Gardens green again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

City Centre on 21:35 - Nov 15 with 3648 viewsHCMC

The retail parks are taking over bricks and mortar shopping largely due to easy free parking and a nicer,cleaner environment.

The demograph of inner city shoppers are not the people who are spending.
City Centre on 21:49 - Nov 15 with 3626 viewsbyron

City Centre on 21:35 - Nov 15 by HCMC

The retail parks are taking over bricks and mortar shopping largely due to easy free parking and a nicer,cleaner environment.

The demograph of inner city shoppers are not the people who are spending.

Depends if they start to fill the centres with people who live there, it’s whats going on in Cardiff and many other cities now. Student blocks just built going private already here

Benny

City Centre on 03:59 - Nov 16 with 3501 viewsmajorraglan

City Centre on 20:21 - Nov 14 by lifelong

I stopped off in the City Centre about 10 days ago for the fist time in ages as I had to pick something up from Homebase in Parc Tawe. Just outside the entrance to the store there were 2 guys slumped unconscious against a wall, probably spaced out on spice. I told one of the staff who was standing by the entrance and he replied it was like it all the time!

I am not in a rush to go back!
City Centre on 05:22 - Nov 16 with 3489 viewsLord_Bony

City Centre on 21:32 - Nov 15 by MrSwerve

Make Castle Gardens green again.

They should knock that castle down and build a multi story on it I reckons.

City Centre on 06:42 - Nov 16 with 3453 viewsWhiterockin

City Centre on 20:25 - Nov 15 by jack2jack

The Kingsway is being revamped, I think they are calling it The Digital Quarter.
It's a multi million pound scheme to improve..........oh fvck it, they are digging the roads up again, it'll be finished in a year or so.😉

I just wish they would use some of the multi millions to teach them to lay the paving slabs evenly. I really can't believe how uneven the new pavements are, they are worse than what they have taken up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024