Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season 14:53 - Nov 15 with 1249 viewstheloneranger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46224473

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 15:17 - Nov 15 with 1230 viewsCooperman

A step in the right direction IMO.

It won’t solve every debate and the recent Fulham incident versus Liverpool is a case in hand. The two TV pundits were split on their opinion as to whether the Fulham disallowed goal should have been ruled out. After multiple replays it was almost impossible to judge.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 16:20 - Nov 15 with 1188 viewsairedale

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 15:17 - Nov 15 by Cooperman

It won’t solve every debate and the recent Fulham incident versus Liverpool is a case in hand. The two TV pundits were split on their opinion as to whether the Fulham disallowed goal should have been ruled out. After multiple replays it was almost impossible to judge.

Hardly surprising they've introduced it following recent events. I reckon they should have a bloke making the VAR decisions though, like in the rugby. No argument with the ref then.
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 17:33 - Nov 15 with 1139 viewsMrSwerve

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 16:20 - Nov 15 by airedale

Hardly surprising they've introduced it following recent events. I reckon they should have a bloke making the VAR decisions though, like in the rugby. No argument with the ref then.

They’re moving away from that system in rugby, giving the power to the on-field referee.

I gusss we’ll be seeing VAR in the Championship within a few seasons if all goes well with the PL.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 18:51 - Nov 15 with 1107 viewslonglostjack

VAR in the Bundesliga works very well. Much less difficult in football than rugby.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 21:30 - Nov 15 with 1041 viewskarnataka

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 15:17 - Nov 15 by Cooperman

Didn't Ki have a goal disallowed a couple of season's back when his head was offside but the rest of him wasn't?
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 22:11 - Nov 15 with 1024 viewsCooperman

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 21:30 - Nov 15 by karnataka

Didn't Ki have a goal disallowed a couple of season's back when his head was offside but the rest of him wasn't?

Aye, and Luis Suárez once got caught when his teeth were offside.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 22:18 - Nov 15 with 1020 viewsOldjack

Good ,that'll get rid off those cheating bastards !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 23:06 - Nov 15 with 996 viewsBrynCartwright

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 22:11 - Nov 15 by Cooperman

..and Lukaku got caught when his old feller was offside..

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 23:25 - Nov 15 with 987 viewsairedale

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 22:11 - Nov 15 by Cooperman

Luis’ teeth were ‘inside’ though. Gnasher.
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 01:15 - Nov 16 with 968 viewsWanderer

Had 2 seasons of it here in Australia, been a bloody disaster, players running up to the ref drawing a rectangle in the air every bloody challenge and small incident.
And the decisions on the VAR after waiting 4-5 mins which come out are usually dubious or at the least shall we say contentious.
Spoils the game in the live arena and adds another 20 mins of pffafing about, big no from me, leave it to the officials on the pitch.
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 07:37 - Nov 16 with 931 viewsMrSwerve

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 01:15 - Nov 16 by Wanderer

Had 2 seasons of it here in Australia, been a bloody disaster, players running up to the ref drawing a rectangle in the air every bloody challenge and small incident.
And the decisions on the VAR after waiting 4-5 mins which come out are usually dubious or at the least shall we say contentious.
Spoils the game in the live arena and adds another 20 mins of pffafing about, big no from me, leave it to the officials on the pitch.

The ‘drawing the box’ thing by players is what annoyed me more than anything at the World Cup. I hope the PL make sure these players get instant yellows (they won’t though). I don’t care if we’d be seeing 10 yellows a game for the first few games, it would soon stop.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 08:08 - Nov 16 with 914 viewsjackrmee

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 17:33 - Nov 15 by MrSwerve

They’re moving away from that system in rugby, giving the power to the on-field referee.

I gusss we’ll be seeing VAR in the Championship within a few seasons if all goes well with the PL.

Not that it matters, as we'll be in the PL

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 10:00 - Nov 16 with 868 viewsSgorioFruit

the end of good football

the world cup was a farce

as the years go by and football becomes all about greed the more SgorioFruit will be looking further down the lower leagues in search of good football again.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 10:03]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 06:28 - Nov 17 with 751 viewssquarebear

At certain points during the World Cup I wondered if the refs were using VAR in such a cack-handed way to pressurise the authorities into binning it.

I’m opposed to it because I think it will benefit the richest (AKA best) teams. They don’t need more help.
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 06:58 - Nov 17 with 742 viewsSensibleJack

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 21:30 - Nov 15 by karnataka

Correct decision then.

Any part of the body you can legally score with is what can make you offside if beyond the last defender at the time of the pass.
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 08:02 - Nov 17 with 724 viewsjackal

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 06:58 - Nov 17 by SensibleJack

Correct decision then.

Any part of the body you can legally score with is what can make you offside if beyond the last defender at the time of the pass.

Correct.

Now explain it to a woman!
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 08:15 - Nov 17 with 722 viewsBillyChong

VAR set to be used in Premier League next season on 01:15 - Nov 16 by Wanderer

Yeah it spoils the game. You win some, you lose some. Celebrations will be muted whilst a decision goes to VAR. Debates back at the pub will be lost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024