Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 13:54 - Nov 16 with 3763 viewstheloneranger

Beware "The Long Ranger" is coming for you ...!!

"Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 and it can spot offenders from 1km away"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/britains-most-powerful-speed-camer

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 13:57 - Nov 16 with 2846 viewsHighjack

It wouldn’t have caught any bastard this morning

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:13 - Nov 16 with 2820 viewsjackal

Just come back from a Speed Awareness Course.

4 hours of it. Still it saved me getting 3 points.
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:30 - Nov 16 with 2797 viewssquarebear

Police said the main aim was to educate people about how to drive more safely, to prevent accidents that can kill or seriously injure people.

Phew. I was afraid they might plan to issue speeding drivers with fines :-/
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:38 - Nov 16 with 2787 viewsLord_Bony

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:13 - Nov 16 by jackal

Been on 2.

A pain in the ass,but worth not having the points.

Pity the police won’t put as much time and effort using their resources to catch the real bad guys out there.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:42 - Nov 16 with 2784 viewsHighjack

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:38 - Nov 16 by Lord_Bony

Been on 2.

Pity the police won’t put as much time and effort using their resources to catch the real bad guys out there.

Catching bad guys is a drain on public finances as rehabilitation that doesn’t work can become quite expensive. It’s far cheaper to let them run around hurting people and ruining lives.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:43 - Nov 16 with 2776 viewsWingstandwood

My sister went on one of those last year after being caught in Gorseinon......to make forum readers aware and to save them from any future risk of a ticket i.e. from time to time there is a mobile 'Go-Safe' speed camera van sometimes parked by Gorseinon ex -Valeo factory now called Toyoda Gosei.

The camera is usually factory side in the layby and speeding cars get caught whilst emerging from (camera visually obscured by) the uphill-bend... Many (even careful and decent motorists) do not realise there is a 30 mph speed limit because many get the impression it's a foot-down-on-the-peddle type road. The steep-ish incline and uphill climb creates an illusion of lesser speed also.

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:50 - Nov 16 with 2766 viewsMrSwerve

I’ve been on one - not as painful as some make out and I didn’t learn anything new, but I was absolutely staggered how little people knew about the laws of the road and road signs. 50-60+ year olds were the worst culprits. I actually felt more unsafe on the roads after coming out of there.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:56 - Nov 16 with 2752 viewsWingstandwood

Been on 2.

I suspect they are a revenue-raising tactic in some cases....There are places where speed bumps would do the trick to slow down traffic.....I reckon if they placed those L.E.D lights-signs you tend to see approaching schools complete with a speed limit and camera sign on top you'd see a fall in speeding.

That IMO is vastly safer than having a mobile speed camera forcing many a driver to 'hard-brake' whilst emerging from a bend (like in Gorseinon emplacement I've mentioned) where the speed camera has been deliberately obscured so it is seen way too late. If the Gorseinon emplacement is about road safety? Why the f#ck has it been put there?

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:00 - Nov 16 with 2742 viewsLord_Bony

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:56 - Nov 16 by Wingstandwood

I suspect they are a revenue-raising tactic in some cases....There are places where speed bumps would do the trick to slow down traffic.....I reckon if they placed those L.E.D lights-signs you tend to see approaching schools complete with a speed limit and camera sign on top you'd see a fall in speeding.

That IMO is vastly safer than having a mobile speed camera forcing many a driver to 'hard-brake' whilst emerging from a bend (like in Gorseinon emplacement I've mentioned) where the speed camera has been deliberately obscured so it is seen way too late. If the Gorseinon emplacement is about road safety? Why the f#ck has it been put there?

Money.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:03 - Nov 16 with 2733 viewsJackfath

They're always in that spot in Gors. Nearly everyone flashes oncoming traffic to warn them. It's most amusing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:14 - Nov 16 with 2716 viewsWingstandwood

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:03 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

They're always in that spot in Gors. Nearly everyone flashes oncoming traffic to warn them. It's most amusing.

Yeah they do, but early morning after the kids have been dropped off at school is a vulnerable time when that road tends to be quiet.

I pre-warn other motorists there also myself, imo flashing them/warning them thus stopping them hard-braking is a D.I.Y public spirited safety action.

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:31 - Nov 16 with 2696 viewsItchySphincter

Been on 2.

You obviously haven't learned your lesson.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:37 - Nov 16 with 2682 viewsBrynCartwright

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:43 - Nov 16 by Wingstandwood

My sister went on one of those last year after being caught in Gorseinon......to make forum readers aware and to save them from any future risk of a ticket i.e. from time to time there is a mobile 'Go-Safe' speed camera van sometimes parked by Gorseinon ex -Valeo factory now called Toyoda Gosei.

The camera is usually factory side in the layby and speeding cars get caught whilst emerging from (camera visually obscured by) the uphill-bend... Many (even careful and decent motorists) do not realise there is a 30 mph speed limit because many get the impression it's a foot-down-on-the-peddle type road. The steep-ish incline and uphill climb creates an illusion of lesser speed also.

Seen the van there several times. Very sneaky positioning. Must be a right cash cow.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:45 - Nov 16 with 2672 viewsFlashberryjack

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 14:50 - Nov 16 by MrSwerve

I’ve been on one - not as painful as some make out and I didn’t learn anything new, but I was absolutely staggered how little people knew about the laws of the road and road signs. 50-60+ year olds were the worst culprits. I actually felt more unsafe on the roads after coming out of there.

I find young girls/women are the worst, most haven't got a clue or maybe they just don't give a f*ck.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:45 - Nov 16 with 2665 viewsWingstandwood

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:37 - Nov 16 by BrynCartwright

Seen the van there several times. Very sneaky positioning. Must be a right cash cow.

Indeed my sister had a ticket there and it presents a risk to motorists. If there was real serious intent to stop accidents?.... That would be the very last place any road safety minded person would think of to situate a mobile speed camera van.

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:01 - Nov 16 with 2576 viewslifelong

There should be more speed cameras about, what’s the point of these speed awareness courses? Anyone caught speeding should be booked and fined, caught 3 times and a 3 year ban. Speed kills, the standard of driving these days is appalling.
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:17 - Nov 16 with 2547 viewsbazzool

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 15:31 - Nov 16 by ItchySphincter

You obviously haven't learned your lesson.

Up second that, been CAUGHT speeding twice but how often do you speed and what if something happened, all we hear of on the m4 Is deaths lately , is it worth it.....I left Cumbria at 9.30 this morning to travel back home and and for once I didn't see 1 idiot being an idiot😐especially for a Friday, you need to keep your Witt's about you, when you speed , less reaction time
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:18 - Nov 16 with 2538 viewsWingstandwood

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:01 - Nov 16 by lifelong

There should be more speed cameras about, what’s the point of these speed awareness courses? Anyone caught speeding should be booked and fined, caught 3 times and a 3 year ban. Speed kills, the standard of driving these days is appalling.

It's a case of where, why, how and for what real reason certain speed cameras are emplaced!

Revenue raiser or accident prevention?... The GATSO situated for example close to Penyrheol School and strategically situated near to a built up area with junctions and crossing area's would undoubtedly be justified by many to be a common sense initiative.

Other ridiculously situated cameras?..... Definitely not!

The risky ones that the RAC regard to be an accident causing danger should never in a million years be 'more-of'.

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:33 - Nov 16 with 2512 viewslifelong

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:18 - Nov 16 by Wingstandwood

It's a case of where, why, how and for what real reason certain speed cameras are emplaced!

Revenue raiser or accident prevention?... The GATSO situated for example close to Penyrheol School and strategically situated near to a built up area with junctions and crossing area's would undoubtedly be justified by many to be a common sense initiative.

Other ridiculously situated cameras?..... Definitely not!

The risky ones that the RAC regard to be an accident causing danger should never in a million years be 'more-of'.

Belgrave Road in Gorseinon should definitely have one, at certain times of the day it is like Brans Hatch. There is a 20mph speed limit in force there and very few people, especially students from the College, take any notice of it.
My Grandson attends Pontybrenin Nursery, I pick him up from there 2 days a week, it is a dangerous section of road and there will be a very serious accident there one day.
Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:36 - Nov 16 with 2502 viewsWingstandwood

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:33 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Belgrave Road in Gorseinon should definitely have one, at certain times of the day it is like Brans Hatch. There is a 20mph speed limit in force there and very few people, especially students from the College, take any notice of it.
My Grandson attends Pontybrenin Nursery, I pick him up from there 2 days a week, it is a dangerous section of road and there will be a very serious accident there one day.

Yeah area's like that definitely need speed control! Bang on!

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 19:18 - Nov 16 with 2386 viewsexiledclaseboy

Been on 2.

They don’t really put that many police resources into it at all. A camera pings, someone sends a letter, job done most of the time.

Poll: Tory leader

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 20:31 - Nov 16 with 2333 viewsJackfath

I had to go on an awareness course. Got caught at the bottom of Sketty Lane. I found the course fairly dreary. At the end, the gentleman delivering the course went round the room asking what people have learned. I said I needed to learn where the speed cameras were in Swansea and make sure I slow down before getting to them. He told me off.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 (n/t) on 20:45 - Nov 16 with 2309 viewsbandjack

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 17:33 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 20:54 - Nov 16 with 2294 viewsWingstandwood

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 20:31 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

I had to go on an awareness course. Got caught at the bottom of Sketty Lane. I found the course fairly dreary. At the end, the gentleman delivering the course went round the room asking what people have learned. I said I needed to learn where the speed cameras were in Swansea and make sure I slow down before getting to them. He told me off.

Argus!

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 21:10 - Nov 16 with 2272 viewsjack2jack

Britain's most powerful speed camera hits the M4 on 20:31 - Nov 16 by Jackfath

They take a dim view of humour, you can be chucked off the course if you don't take it seriously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024