Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celtic after CR? 14:34 - Nov 17 with 3359 viewsGroo

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/connor-roberts-swansea-city-celtic-

Groo does what Groo does best

Celtic after CR? on 14:35 - Nov 17 with 3353 viewsjasper_T

His agent is working hard, I see.
Celtic after CR? on 14:47 - Nov 17 with 3317 viewssainthelens

If we start selling our best players, how the fck can the club start marketing season tickets for next year? Give us just a bit of respect eh !
Celtic after CR? on 15:18 - Nov 17 with 3250 viewsCatullus

Celtic after CR? on 14:47 - Nov 17 by sainthelens

If we start selling our best players, how the fck can the club start marketing season tickets for next year? Give us just a bit of respect eh !

Could be his agent trying to improve the contract offer or it could be Brenda does like him. I hope our owners realise his worth, definitely worth a better contract because if nothing else, if he stays a while and gets better his value will only go up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Celtic after CR? on 15:30 - Nov 17 with 3210 viewspencoedjack

Celtic after CR? on 15:18 - Nov 17 by Catullus

Could be his agent trying to improve the contract offer or it could be Brenda does like him. I hope our owners realise his worth, definitely worth a better contract because if nothing else, if he stays a while and gets better his value will only go up.

Rodgers won’t be @ Celtic next season

Roberts is far better player than the pub league, if he goes I’m sure it will be to a PL club.
Celtic after CR? on 15:50 - Nov 17 with 3171 views34dfgdf54

Would be a terrible move for him.

Premier league or stay with us.
Celtic after CR? on 16:12 - Nov 17 with 3130 viewsjasper_T

Really wouldn't surprise me if this goes the same way as Ramsey at Arsenal, with bad advice from an agent pricing a player out of a deal.

If he wants to chance his arm on a PL bench for another season or two good luck to him, in all honesty he's not that important to us at the end of the day there's no need to break the bank.

He knows what Potter's team is about. The players that want to be here and part of it got themselves sorted asap.
Celtic after CR? on 19:04 - Nov 17 with 2896 viewsmajorraglan

Celtic are a huge club who regularly play in front of huge crowds and there will also be Champions League opporuntites, they have also had a number of players do well and move on to PL clubs which I suppose they can draw on to market the club, but the standard of their league isn’t the greatest, I would say the Championship is a higher standard and more competitive.

I want him to stay, but if he’s off he needs to make the right move. He doesn’t want to be a bench warmer and needs to play, not sure he’s a starting PL player yet but Scottish football is a poor standard. From a Swans perspective, Celtic would be a bad move as the club wouldn’t get a fee, if he stays in England and Wales the Swans get a development fee which is better that a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Celtic after CR? on 19:07 - Nov 17 with 2889 viewsDr_Winston

Connor Roberts has done well this season but he's not ready yet to start in the PL IMO. Best for his career that he stays put. Best for his bank balance that he goes.

Time will tell which one he cares about most.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Celtic after CR? on 19:18 - Nov 17 with 2867 viewsmonmouth

We’ll survive.

If he stays, great.

If he goes, oh well, see ya. Angel Rangel or Ben Davies he ain’t. File under potentially decent player, long way to go yet, replaceable.

I’d rather us chuck a deal at Dan James than Connor Roberts.

I sill think he’ll sign as it goes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Celtic after CR? on 19:29 - Nov 17 with 2838 viewsbluey_the_blue

Celtic after CR? on 16:12 - Nov 17 by jasper_T

Really wouldn't surprise me if this goes the same way as Ramsey at Arsenal, with bad advice from an agent pricing a player out of a deal.

If he wants to chance his arm on a PL bench for another season or two good luck to him, in all honesty he's not that important to us at the end of the day there's no need to break the bank.

He knows what Potter's team is about. The players that want to be here and part of it got themselves sorted asap.

How is Ramsey being badly advised by an agent?

Arsenal offered a 200k a week deal then withdrew it due to a lesser income by not being in CL.
Celtic after CR? on 19:37 - Nov 17 with 2817 viewsMrSwerve

Celtic after CR? on 19:18 - Nov 17 by monmouth

We’ll survive.

If he stays, great.

If he goes, oh well, see ya. Angel Rangel or Ben Davies he ain’t. File under potentially decent player, long way to go yet, replaceable.

I’d rather us chuck a deal at Dan James than Connor Roberts.

I sill think he’ll sign as it goes.

He aint no Rangel or Davies but he could be. The signs are good. We need to keep hold of him, but we're not in the position we were the last 7 seasons.

Fingers crossed he stays. They're all mercenaries, even the 'most loyal'.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Celtic after CR? on 19:51 - Nov 17 with 2796 views34dfgdf54

Celtic after CR? on 19:29 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

Arsenal offered a 200k a week deal then withdrew it due to a lesser income by not being in CL.

Or it dawned on Emery that he isn’t that good.
Celtic after CR? on 20:02 - Nov 17 with 2766 viewsbluey_the_blue

Celtic after CR? on 19:51 - Nov 17 by 34dfgdf54

Or it dawned on Emery that he isn’t that good.

He's better value for money than Ozil.
Celtic after CR? on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 2760 viewsgrabsplatter

Celtic after CR? on 19:29 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

Nothing wrong with his agents advice, he'll get a large signing on fee with a big club.
Arsenal have decided that he's not worth the money he's asking for & it's better off spent elsewhere.
Emery doesn't rate him as a player to build a side around & he's right
Celtic after CR? on 20:12 - Nov 17 with 2748 views34dfgdf54

Celtic after CR? on 20:05 - Nov 17 by grabsplatter

Nothing wrong with his agents advice, he'll get a large signing on fee with a big club.
Arsenal have decided that he's not worth the money he's asking for & it's better off spent elsewhere.

Correct
Celtic after CR? on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 2682 viewsbluey_the_blue

Celtic after CR? on 20:05 - Nov 17 by grabsplatter

No, Arsenal valued him at 200k a week hence the offer. They've not suddenly wised up as some want to claim.

That's as silly claim as Nathan Blake thinking we'd buy him in January...
Celtic after CR? on 21:20 - Nov 17 with 2621 viewsjasper_T

Celtic after CR? on 19:37 - Nov 17 by MrSwerve

He aint no Rangel or Davies but he could be. The signs are good. We need to keep hold of him, but we're not in the position we were the last 7 seasons.

We don't need to keep hold of him at all. We're stuck with Naughton till the end of next season, he's no massive step down.
Celtic after CR? on 21:44 - Nov 17 with 2582 viewsPozuelosSideys

Celtic after CR? on 20:52 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

No, Arsenal valued him at 200k a week hence the offer. They've not suddenly wised up as some want to claim.

Mate. I know hes one of yours and all that and i understand you sticking up for him cos of that reason and the fact hes Welsh/

However, not a hope in hell that hes worth 200k a week. Hes a slightly above average PL player in a good side, who tends to have spells out with injury.

The new guy at Arsenal expects results and a better return on his money. They can and probably will do better there.

However, will be interesting to see where AR turns up. Bayern Munich are apparenty iterested, but i suspect that is bollox like the Barca rumour was. My cash would be on him going somewhere like West Ham

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Celtic after CR? on 21:49 - Nov 17 with 2571 viewsbluey_the_blue

Celtic after CR? on 21:44 - Nov 17 by PozuelosSideys

Mate. I know hes one of yours and all that and i understand you sticking up for him cos of that reason and the fact hes Welsh/

However, not a hope in hell that hes worth 200k a week. Hes a slightly above average PL player in a good side, who tends to have spells out with injury.

The new guy at Arsenal expects results and a better return on his money. They can and probably will do better there.

However, will be interesting to see where AR turns up. Bayern Munich are apparenty iterested, but i suspect that is bollox like the Barca rumour was. My cash would be on him going somewhere like West Ham

I don't think any player is worth 200k tbh. That however isn't the issue. The offer was made then retracted - so it's not as was claimed his agent playing games.

I personally think he made the wrong choice going to Arsenal - he'd have been better off going to Man Yoo.
Celtic after CR? on 22:43 - Nov 17 with 2506 viewsgrabsplatter

Celtic after CR? on 20:52 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

Rubbish, when Wenger was there he wanted him to sign a new contract, the new manager has come in & doesn't think he's worth that so the club withdrew the offer.
He knows they can do better for that sort of money.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2018 22:44]
Celtic after CR? on 23:49 - Nov 17 with 2437 viewsmajorraglan

Celtic after CR? on 21:49 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

I don't think any player is worth 200k tbh. That however isn't the issue. The offer was made then retracted - so it's not as was claimed his agent playing games.

I personally think he made the wrong choice going to Arsenal - he'd have been better off going to Man Yoo.

Maybe the offer was withdrawn, but maybe the agent was looking at teasing other offers out and Arsenal decided enough was enough. I agree with your comments about not being worth £200k per week, I don’t think anyone is worth that kind of cash. It will be interesting to see what happens now, there are only a limited number of clubs out there who can afford £200k per week Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. Salah and Kane are reported to be on £200k but that is then it for those clubs. Both of them have a higher profile than Ramsey.
Celtic after CR? on 23:59 - Nov 17 with 2429 viewslonglostjack

Celtic after CR? on 21:44 - Nov 17 by PozuelosSideys

Good shout. You never know though - he’d fit in well with the under-performing geriatrics at Bayern.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Celtic after CR? on 20:33 - Nov 18 with 1900 viewsKilkennyjack

Celtic after CR? on 19:37 - Nov 17 by MrSwerve

And for balance the club shiitts on lots of the local kids who are very loyal. Works both ways.
If you keep bringing in Scottish young players, then dont be surprised if the concept of loyalty becomes rather forgotten.

I hope he stays, but the club has badly handled his contract.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024