Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. 19:27 - Nov 18 with 5690 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 19:41 - Nov 18 with 3315 viewsPegojack

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Their whole purpose as a political party is to enrich the few at the expense of the many.

It's one of the reasons why I moved here to Spain. After all the Tories have inflicted and continue to inflict on the ordinary people of Britain (and having worked in social care for the last eight years, I've seen it first hand), enough of them continue to vote for the feckers to keep them in power. There's no hope for the country, I've had a guts full after 63 years of it, and brexit was the last straw. If the turkeys want to vote for Christmas, get on with it without me.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 19:49 - Nov 18 with 3300 viewsexiledclaseboy

Of course they have. It’s what they do.

Poll: Tory leader

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 19:52 - Nov 18 with 3292 viewstrampie

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 19:41 - Nov 18 by Pegojack

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Their whole purpose as a political party is to enrich the few at the expense of the many.

It's one of the reasons why I moved here to Spain. After all the Tories have inflicted and continue to inflict on the ordinary people of Britain (and having worked in social care for the last eight years, I've seen it first hand), enough of them continue to vote for the feckers to keep them in power. There's no hope for the country, I've had a guts full after 63 years of it, and brexit was the last straw. If the turkeys want to vote for Christmas, get on with it without me.

I seen the writing on the wall decades ago when Labour abandoned the left after Thatcher beat them and they became a right wing party therefore rendering England as a lost cause as they have no SNP or Plaid and the Greens are nowhere.

That is why Wales would be better off being independent to avoid perpetual right wing Governments looking after the elite at the expense of ordinary people.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 21:08 - Nov 18 with 3216 viewsPozuelosSideys

Notice the lack of definitions? The reality is the definition of poverty has been changed and i have no real argument against the new formula. The definition is now considered as being 55% of 3 year average median equivalised TRA. Effectively 55% of median net income (assuming all things being equal.) Families are more aggressively impacted than those who are single, have no kids or decide to make the lifestyle choice to continue adding to an overpoopulated planet (but thats a different topic)

https://socialmetricscommission.org.uk/MEASURING-POVERTY-FULL_REPORT.pdf

UK household median income in the UK in 2018 is £28,400. So 55% of that is £15,620 gross (£300 a week.)

Is that really "poverty"?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 22:20 - Nov 18 with 3172 viewsyescomeon

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 21:08 - Nov 18 by PozuelosSideys

Notice the lack of definitions? The reality is the definition of poverty has been changed and i have no real argument against the new formula. The definition is now considered as being 55% of 3 year average median equivalised TRA. Effectively 55% of median net income (assuming all things being equal.) Families are more aggressively impacted than those who are single, have no kids or decide to make the lifestyle choice to continue adding to an overpoopulated planet (but thats a different topic)

https://socialmetricscommission.org.uk/MEASURING-POVERTY-FULL_REPORT.pdf

UK household median income in the UK in 2018 is £28,400. So 55% of that is £15,620 gross (£300 a week.)

Is that really "poverty"?

£300 a week, for a family. I'd say that's poverty.

Working off UK averages, £205 for rent (2 bed), £35 council tax, £25 water, electric and internet then £53 for the weekly shop. That's -£18 there, and that's for gross income too.

Upthecity!

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 22:41 - Nov 18 with 3147 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 22:20 - Nov 18 by yescomeon

£300 a week, for a family. I'd say that's poverty.

Working off UK averages, £205 for rent (2 bed), £35 council tax, £25 water, electric and internet then £53 for the weekly shop. That's -£18 there, and that's for gross income too.

That level of income is very tough, disposal income is calculated after all tax and ni including council tax.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 08:00 - Nov 19 with 3041 viewsyescomeon

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 22:41 - Nov 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

That level of income is very tough, disposal income is calculated after all tax and ni including council tax.

Yeah, there's web tools I could have used to calculate the take home, but I figured it would depend on how the income was split between the two parents. Plus the gross didn't stretch so the net wasn't going to.

Upthecity!

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:03 - Nov 19 with 2991 viewsCatullus

Poverty is relative, surely we should all feel sorry for Rees-Mogg who's down to his last 5 million?

I can't say the Tories do it on purpose, it's a result of their policies but I doubt there is a policy to deliberately increase poverty.
I can't just blame it all on the tories anyway, Labour governments have hardly covered themselves in glory.
It comes back to one basic premise that many people agree on, we have really bad politicians and have done for decades.
Maybe we'd be better off just putting Alan Sugar in charge and let him run the country like a business because trusting politicians has gotten us nowhere. To repeat myself again, the more politicians we allow to exist the worse things seem to get.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:09 - Nov 19 with 2988 viewsLeonWasGod

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:03 - Nov 19 by Catullus

Poverty is relative, surely we should all feel sorry for Rees-Mogg who's down to his last 5 million?

I can't say the Tories do it on purpose, it's a result of their policies but I doubt there is a policy to deliberately increase poverty.
I can't just blame it all on the tories anyway, Labour governments have hardly covered themselves in glory.
It comes back to one basic premise that many people agree on, we have really bad politicians and have done for decades.
Maybe we'd be better off just putting Alan Sugar in charge and let him run the country like a business because trusting politicians has gotten us nowhere. To repeat myself again, the more politicians we allow to exist the worse things seem to get.

That's probably true about it not being deliberate aim to increase poverty, although they know that their policies have this adverse affect but keep going with them. Which pretty much amounts to the same thing in my book.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:29 - Nov 19 with 2976 viewsCatullus

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:09 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

That's probably true about it not being deliberate aim to increase poverty, although they know that their policies have this adverse affect but keep going with them. Which pretty much amounts to the same thing in my book.

Actually, I can imagine several of them (MP's and Lords and ladies) sitting in a tax payer subsidised Westminster bar/restaurant and having a good laugh at the poverty stricken plebs....."of course they were bound to end up in poverty, it's in their genes old boy, none of them come from good families and look at their schools. Not a decent Alma Mater anywhere"......"But hang on a minute my dear boy, we closed all their schools when we cut their budgets"...."Yes that's true Jonty but what did they expect when they voted for us?"...."Us, us you say, but we're in different parties"......"Yes but we are all politicians Jonty, WE are all in the same trough together"

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:44 - Nov 19 with 2962 viewsicecoldjack

New Labour = Tory party = bunch of coonts.

Same puppets controlled by the same people higher up the food chain, it's all just a game and a perception that we have choice.

The only surprise is that people still think there is genuine choice.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 2916 viewsJack_Meoff

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 10:44 - Nov 19 by icecoldjack

New Labour = Tory party = bunch of coonts.

Same puppets controlled by the same people higher up the food chain, it's all just a game and a perception that we have choice.

The only surprise is that people still think there is genuine choice.

Is the correct answer.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:59 - Nov 19 with 2912 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:54 - Nov 19 by Jack_Meoff

Is the correct answer.

I agree that there is little to choose from.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 15:14 - Nov 19 with 2851 viewsSPboy

... and the Welsh Labour led Government has marginalised the rest of Wales to benefit those living in or close to the capital. Nothing new to this thread to what we already know
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 15:51 - Nov 19 with 2825 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Makes a change from labour. Poverty for all is Corbyn's policy this week.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 16:09 - Nov 19 with 2813 viewsJack_Meoff

These are the sort of b*stards we're dealing with. People fought wars for this to be an acceptable treatment of members of the UK population in 2018?!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 16:46 - Nov 19 with 2790 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 15:51 - Nov 19 by felixstowe_jack

Makes a change from labour. Poverty for all is Corbyn's policy this week.

Ah Corbyn

We have a winner !

You’ve won a free tour of our east side food bank !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 20:52 - Nov 19 with 2701 viewsLeonWasGod

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 16:09 - Nov 19 by Jack_Meoff

These are the sort of b*stards we're dealing with. People fought wars for this to be an acceptable treatment of members of the UK population in 2018?!

Even what he says is strongly disputed by both the evidence and independent observers. The "economic framework of the country" isn't very strong. It's become relatively weaker over the last few years.

May does this too - just complete and utter denial or goes off on a tangent. Or to put it another way, obfuscation and lies.

You do have to take the bigger picture view when you're in government, I get that. There will always be individual cases that, no matter how depressing, will not reflect what's going on generally. But at least have some humility about them . And there's rather too many of them to just sweep them under the carpet.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 00:48 - Nov 20 with 2641 viewsJack_Meoff

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 20:52 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

Even what he says is strongly disputed by both the evidence and independent observers. The "economic framework of the country" isn't very strong. It's become relatively weaker over the last few years.

May does this too - just complete and utter denial or goes off on a tangent. Or to put it another way, obfuscation and lies.

You do have to take the bigger picture view when you're in government, I get that. There will always be individual cases that, no matter how depressing, will not reflect what's going on generally. But at least have some humility about them . And there's rather too many of them to just sweep them under the carpet.

It's classic Tory deflection. Their advice must be 'If you're put on the spot, just waffle about debt/deficit/economics and you're golden. Marr won't push you anyway.'

These people don't care about the population of the UK. Not a jot. They serve capital and capital only. Always have done, always will.

Yet we vote for them to continue their pilfering.

Baffles me.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 09:34 - Nov 20 with 2567 viewsCatullus

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 00:48 - Nov 20 by Jack_Meoff

It's classic Tory deflection. Their advice must be 'If you're put on the spot, just waffle about debt/deficit/economics and you're golden. Marr won't push you anyway.'

These people don't care about the population of the UK. Not a jot. They serve capital and capital only. Always have done, always will.

Baffles me.

We should take a hint from "Brewsters millions" and put 'none of the above' at the bottom of every ballot paper.
Perhaps then we could show the political classes what we really think of them, it'd cause chaos but it'd possibly be worth it.

It is truly shocking that so many people in a so called developed 'first world' country go without homes, food, medical care and will only see a police officer if they turn up at a protest against the government.

It's looking like 1984 was about 40 years out, Bladerunner without the replicants.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 11:09 - Nov 20 with 2533 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 00:48 - Nov 20 by Jack_Meoff

Baffles me.

It baffles me that people seem to believe having a disability mean you're someone that should be patronised... "bless you, you can't really work what with being disabled... here have some money".

Like the assessments or not - and personally they can be massively improved - people take the piss. "Oh, I've a bad back I can't work"... only to be caught and photographed playing golf. If people didn't take the piss it wouldn't be as big an issue as it is.

It's however incredibly patronising and stupid to act as if people with disabilities cannot work at all; as if people have developed some lumpen view. Disabilities vary in range and nature - of course some will have so profound disabilities they cannot work, require care etc. That doesn't mean everybody disabled cannot work.

We should of course aid and provide for those unable to work and assist those able to work in getting work.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 11:28 - Nov 20 with 2519 viewsFireboy2

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 11:09 - Nov 20 by bluey_the_blue

It baffles me that people seem to believe having a disability mean you're someone that should be patronised... "bless you, you can't really work what with being disabled... here have some money".

Like the assessments or not - and personally they can be massively improved - people take the piss. "Oh, I've a bad back I can't work"... only to be caught and photographed playing golf. If people didn't take the piss it wouldn't be as big an issue as it is.

It's however incredibly patronising and stupid to act as if people with disabilities cannot work at all; as if people have developed some lumpen view. Disabilities vary in range and nature - of course some will have so profound disabilities they cannot work, require care etc. That doesn't mean everybody disabled cannot work.

We should of course aid and provide for those unable to work and assist those able to work in getting work.

Your first paragraph sums you up you selfish cvnt,typical tory

Btw people who take the p!ss by playing golf when they have a 'bad back' are in the miniscule minority,there are alot of people who claim disability who are genuine and have worked a long time therefore deserve looking after
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:27 - Nov 20 with 2497 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 11:28 - Nov 20 by Fireboy2

Your first paragraph sums you up you selfish cvnt,typical tory

Btw people who take the p!ss by playing golf when they have a 'bad back' are in the miniscule minority,there are alot of people who claim disability who are genuine and have worked a long time therefore deserve looking after

Oh such self-righteous fury.

I have a physically disabled child. Given the problems are around the brain, he'll never work, never be able to work. Yup, guess that makes me "selfish cvnt".

The point you fail to grasp is that a disability in itself doesn't mean you can't work and it's incredibly bloody patronising to claim that. The government needs to do more to encourage employers to take on disabled employees and understand the challenges they face rather than as some would prefer, "there there, you can't work, have some money".

My issue is with those who lump all disabled into a category of "can't work, need benefits". That's downright insulting to a lot of people with disabilities who are more than able to hold down work.
The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:44 - Nov 20 with 2486 viewsJack_Meoff

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 11:09 - Nov 20 by bluey_the_blue

Patronising? Classic straw man from you old son. You're arguing against a point I haven't even made. I've worked in disability services all my life, and I also have a son with a disability. I don't need any lecture from you pal.

The WCAs are massively skewed against the claimant. And target driven. They cost more than they're actually meant to save - the cash is going, in effect, to Capita and ATOS shareholders. Public money into private hands - the Tory raison d'etre. There may be some talking the piss but they're not just chucking the baby out with the bathwater but the whole sink and then burning the house down.

Universal Credit has also been absolutely beset with problems yet it's being rolled our regardless of how many are being left destitute and homeless. The problem with Tory apologists like yourself is that you always view situations through a red/blue Labour/Tory lens which seems to stop you viewing objectively what these bastards are doing to a section of the UK populace. 'Yeah but Labour, Corbyn etc etc blah blah' repeat ad infinitum.

With regard your last paragraph - did you forget the Tories closed the Remploy factories, at least in England? On International Disabled Day or the like, if memory serves. And they also got rid of ILF, which was an absolute lifeline for some.

Still, keep apologising for these pieces of human detritus bluey. F*cking sickens me.

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:48 - Nov 20 with 2482 viewsFireboy2

The Tories have deliberately increased poverty. on 12:27 - Nov 20 by bluey_the_blue

Oh such self-righteous fury.

I have a physically disabled child. Given the problems are around the brain, he'll never work, never be able to work. Yup, guess that makes me "selfish cvnt".

The point you fail to grasp is that a disability in itself doesn't mean you can't work and it's incredibly bloody patronising to claim that. The government needs to do more to encourage employers to take on disabled employees and understand the challenges they face rather than as some would prefer, "there there, you can't work, have some money".

My issue is with those who lump all disabled into a category of "can't work, need benefits". That's downright insulting to a lot of people with disabilities who are more than able to hold down work.

I apologise for calling you a selfish cvnt but you have form for promoting the word of the tory party

As i the people who take the p!ss are in the minorty and do deserve fack all but there are people who do deserve help

And i agree companies should do more to employ people with disabilities but your government dont do enough

Remember them cutting remploy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024