Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borough road. Loughor 15:21 - Nov 19 with 2902 viewsbabyjack

I've started a petition to have speeds bumps or other speed control measures installed on Borough Road, Loughor.
This is a 30 MPH road but some treat it as a drag race.

Have been in contact with my local councillor but thought a petition might help move things along quicker.

Please sign and share.

https://www.change.org/p/swansea-council-speed-bumps-along-borough-road?recruite

Thanks you
Borough road. Loughor on 15:25 - Nov 19 with 2894 viewsHighjack

The last thing our towns and cities need is more speed bumps.

But I wish you well in your endeavour.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Borough road. Loughor on 18:38 - Nov 19 with 2817 viewsBrynCartwright

signed it. Too many tools speeding everywhere.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Borough road. Loughor on 19:31 - Nov 19 with 2775 viewslifelong

I have signed it although I am not a big fan of speed bumps, I prefer speed cameras or average speed cameras.
Borough road. Loughor on 19:37 - Nov 19 with 2761 viewsjack2jack

I would also write to Swansea Council outlining your concerns, they should be able to survey the road, with speed monitors, that will help in determining what speeds folk are doing.
Borough road. Loughor on 20:06 - Nov 19 with 2739 viewsbabyjack

Thanks all that have signed so far.
Not a fan of speed bumps myself but not sure how else the speed of the traffic on the road could be reduced.
Been in touch with the local councillor.
He has raised my concern with Swansea council.
He is putting forward the idea of bumps and has also mentioned average speed cameras. (Can't see them taking that option due to cost and there are lots of side streets cars could use to avoid the cameras. )
Borough road. Loughor on 20:24 - Nov 19 with 2704 viewsLeonWasGod

Speed bumps cause traffic to regularly brake and accelerate, increasing noise and apparently and more importantly air pollution. Do you want your community and kids to be potentially breathing dirtier air?

Completely agree with your aims though, far too many of us drive too quickly in built up areas. But the pollution angle is something worth looking into too. I think it can be significant where there’s a lot of traffic. Just a thought.
Borough road. Loughor on 20:39 - Nov 19 with 2679 viewsjack2jack

Borough road. Loughor on 20:24 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

Speed bumps cause traffic to regularly brake and accelerate, increasing noise and apparently and more importantly air pollution. Do you want your community and kids to be potentially breathing dirtier air?

Completely agree with your aims though, far too many of us drive too quickly in built up areas. But the pollution angle is something worth looking into too. I think it can be significant where there’s a lot of traffic. Just a thought.

There was a programme on not so long ago, about Neath Road, and the health problems associated with the traffic calming measures there.
I think it's better now since the MDR was opened.
Borough road. Loughor on 23:19 - Nov 19 with 2621 viewsjacktar

I think the flashing speed reminders work quite well (I tend to slow up anyway) and probably a much cheaper option than speed cameras, which seem to be yesterday's news in most built up areas.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Borough road. Loughor on 09:28 - Nov 20 with 2512 viewsHighjack

Borough road. Loughor on 20:24 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

And they can wreck the suspension, tyres and other bits on your car too, even if you hit them slowly.

They should be banned everywhere.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Borough road. Loughor on 20:15 - Nov 20 with 2440 viewscmajack

The council won't be happy till they have everyone crawling around the city at 20mph , and if you want to know what that is like just have a look at the amount of cars stuck behind a tractor on a country road. While I'm not saying people should drive like lunatics , speed is not the only factor. People can drive poorly at 15 or 20 mph. Saw a woman hit a man who was using the crossing directly outside the store entrance in tesco marina and she wasnt doing more than 10mph.
Borough road. Loughor on 05:10 - Nov 21 with 2380 viewsbabyjack

My local councillor has been in touch and wants to meet up to discuss the problem.

Also there is a flashing speed reminder sign already here at the junction with Pengry Road but it never seems to have been switched on. So will bring this up with him.
If this could be on permanently this may be a start.
Borough road. Loughor on 06:12 - Nov 21 with 2374 viewsraynor94

Borough road. Loughor on 09:28 - Nov 20 by Highjack

And they can wreck the suspension, tyres and other bits on your car too, even if you hit them slowly.

They should be banned everywhere.

100% agree, a total waste of time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024