Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M 18:56 - Nov 19 with 2356 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46267320
EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 19:25 - Nov 19 with 2291 viewsSTID2017

When I saw that with the BBC link, I was hoping the BBC had taken the contract from Quest

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 10:34 - Nov 20 with 1963 viewsCatullus

There may be trouble ahead then, some of the big hitters in the Championship aren't happy with this deal (Leeds, Villa, Derby) and a breakaway has been suggested. It's all about the money, they say they're not being greedy and they want more from Sky for everybody, they say the red button deal impacts on attendances so Sky should pay more.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 11:16 - Nov 20 with 1917 viewsandypitt56

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 10:34 - Nov 20 by Catullus

There may be trouble ahead then, some of the big hitters in the Championship aren't happy with this deal (Leeds, Villa, Derby) and a breakaway has been suggested. It's all about the money, they say they're not being greedy and they want more from Sky for everybody, they say the red button deal impacts on attendances so Sky should pay more.

It is also to do with how many games get shown live. as you suggest it could get messy. I would be surprised if our club wasn't one of the clubs who are against the deal.
EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 11:26 - Nov 20 with 1907 viewsjasper_T

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 10:34 - Nov 20 by Catullus

21 of 24 Championship teams were said to be against it.
EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 15:14 - Nov 20 with 1805 viewsCatullus

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 11:26 - Nov 20 by jasper_T

21 of 24 Championship teams were said to be against it.

Yes but then 6 of those teams withdrew their support for the 'rebel alliance' leaving 15 who were being argumentative, not sure if we were one of them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 17:39 - Nov 20 with 1730 viewskarnataka

An update on that here

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/20/rebel-championship-clubs-mount-l
EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 21:06 - Nov 20 with 1637 viewsCatullus

EFL agrees new five-year television deal worth £595M on 17:39 - Nov 20 by karnataka

An update on that here

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/20/rebel-championship-clubs-mount-l

Yeah I'd forgotten that little gem, it's part of the deal that clubs have to charge their own supporters £10 per game to stream it on the club app. The clubs aren't happy with that or the red button, both of which cost them money.
Personally I wouldn't pay £10 per game, it's too steep even if I could afford it, out of principle I'd say no.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024