Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke - £30m loss last year 12:27 - Nov 20 with 14172 viewsDr_Winston

And they're still spending in this one. Going to bump up against FFP if they don't go straight back up. Another indicator of the kind of financial craziness we're up against though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46274218?__twitter_impression=true

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:38 - Nov 20 with 2323 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:42 - Nov 20 by Badlands

Anyone daring to suggest our management has handled relegation really well?

They have. It was what happened for the 3 years preceding the relegation that they totally f*cked up.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:46 - Nov 20 with 2313 viewskarnataka

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 12:56 - Nov 20 by Cooperman

This just goes to show how successful we were in achieving a seven year stint at the top table without the benefactor income. Makes our story all the more remarkable. Interesting times ahead for the other SCFC.

Stockport County?? Where do they fit into this?
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:51 - Nov 20 with 2294 viewsswan65split

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:38 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

They have. It was what happened for the 3 years preceding the relegation that they totally f*cked up.

couldn't have put it any other way. Spot on.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:53 - Nov 20 with 2288 viewsswan65split

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 14:40 - Nov 20 by bluey_the_blue

Handled it well or had no choice due to not wanting to put money in?

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:32 - Nov 20 with 2252 viewsLoyal

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:23 - Nov 20 by _

Take your time mate.... It will come.

You know that daring temptress from Saundersfoot as well, how much does she charge you for a spinal lick and dust down ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:50 - Nov 20 with 2228 viewslonglostjack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:32 - Nov 20 by Loyal

You know that daring temptress from Saundersfoot as well, how much does she charge you for a spinal lick and dust down ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:59 - Nov 20 with 2218 viewssP7qupUf

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 15:20 - Nov 20 by Cooperman

Your second paragraph is a slightly different point that I was hoping we could stay away from.

My point was more aimed at the fact that our owners are attempting to get us back on an even keel (in my opinion at least) as opposed to going balls deep into buying instant promotion back to the Premier League, which of course is not guaranteed.

Fair point.

Appreciate your drift. Not disagreeing at all..... I just find it tragic.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:11 - Nov 20 with 2206 viewsDr_Winston

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:38 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Four years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:00 - Nov 20 with 2153 viewsairedale

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 16:58 - Nov 20 by taffpunk

I get what you're saying, but you have a half decent team who are definitely in with a shout of the play-offs at least. You don't want the team you support to lose games so you don't go back up to the PL, or do you?

I just want to enjoy the football again, which I’m doing this season. Great if the team is successful and gets into the playoffs/promoted too. If we go back into the PL though I just hope we keep more of the cash and not treat the PL as be all and end all, and over commit financially.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:57 - Nov 20 with 2095 viewsCatullus

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 16:04 - Nov 20 by jasper_T

Better they play with the u23s and keep up some match fitness than just hang around waiting. They're still first team players, many of them skipping away trips and just playing the games at Landore.

Most clubs in this division have "u23s" players propping up their squads. Even in the Premier League we were an odd duck in terms of how little faith we had in our development players, and how few chances they were given to contribute.

Odd duck? Really? From what I've read very few academy/development players make it to be first team regulars in the EPL. The vast majority either end up on loan, abroad or in lower league teams.

As for the Coates family, their wealth may have grown but it's about Stoke City's wealth. FFP could bite them and if they don't fall into line the punishment will rise. The owners wealth shouldn't be used for transfers or wages, only for capital spending on infrastructure.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:09 - Nov 20 with 2080 viewsDr_Winston

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:57 - Nov 20 by Catullus

Odd duck? Really? From what I've read very few academy/development players make it to be first team regulars in the EPL. The vast majority either end up on loan, abroad or in lower league teams.

As for the Coates family, their wealth may have grown but it's about Stoke City's wealth. FFP could bite them and if they don't fall into line the punishment will rise. The owners wealth shouldn't be used for transfers or wages, only for capital spending on infrastructure.

Some people had overly ambitious expectations of just what our academy should have been producing when we were in the PL. Some of the criticisms of it were nonsensical. It had only been fully operational for two or three years when we made the drop.

Now and again a side will have a few come through at the same time (like Southampton) but the general trend seems to be about one player every three or four years. Connor Roberts probably would have been our first one.

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:16 - Nov 20 with 2068 viewsjasper_T

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:57 - Nov 20 by Catullus

I'm not talking about becoming "first team regulars" simply first team involvement i.e. on the bench and making occasional late subs appearances. Compared to even top sides we had development players involved very, very rarely. The expectation that they could make any contribution didn't (and with many fans still apparently doesn't) exist here as it does at other clubs.

We spent six figure sums on some players for the u23s and yet the idea of one of them sitting on the bench sent shivers down spines.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:44 - Nov 20 with 2046 viewsCatullus

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:16 - Nov 20 by jasper_T

I'm not talking about becoming "first team regulars" simply first team involvement i.e. on the bench and making occasional late subs appearances. Compared to even top sides we had development players involved very, very rarely. The expectation that they could make any contribution didn't (and with many fans still apparently doesn't) exist here as it does at other clubs.

We spent six figure sums on some players for the u23s and yet the idea of one of them sitting on the bench sent shivers down spines.

Chelsea spent a fortune enticing good quality youngsters to go there and now look, they could be hit with a 2 year transfer embargo.

Our expectations as Swans fans were in part based on the first team needing more help than the U23 could manage. We had so much dross in the first 11!! We needed first team quality not potential.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 2035 viewsjasper_T

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:44 - Nov 20 by Catullus

Chelsea spent a fortune enticing good quality youngsters to go there and now look, they could be hit with a 2 year transfer embargo.

Our expectations as Swans fans were in part based on the first team needing more help than the U23 could manage. We had so much dross in the first 11!! We needed first team quality not potential.

Not sure what the Chelsea situation has to do with us, but there were a few dodgy-sounding deals going on with some u18s (that have since left without even getting a pro deal).

We spent the big money on over 18s, though. Perfectly legal.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 00:00 - Nov 21 with 1958 viewsKilkennyjack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:09 - Nov 20 by Dr_Winston

Some people had overly ambitious expectations of just what our academy should have been producing when we were in the PL. Some of the criticisms of it were nonsensical. It had only been fully operational for two or three years when we made the drop.

Now and again a side will have a few come through at the same time (like Southampton) but the general trend seems to be about one player every three or four years. Connor Roberts probably would have been our first one.

Academy status since 2013.

Contrubuted nothing meaningful to the first team in the Premier League years. Fact.

Roberts and Rodon this season have been what we all want to see.

Beware of the Risen People

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 01:14 - Nov 21 with 1929 viewsomarjack

Couldn't have happened to a better club.

With their 20 m in net spending on transfers this season so far, and keeping a massive wage bill almost as big as their latest PL one. Coates will probably be hit by an extra 50 m loss by the end of the year, and a miserable campaign in addition. FFP will be all over them.

Our lot have made questionable decisions. But at least as things stand, the club won't be (shouldn't be imo) losing any money by the end of the season.

Although, a little bit of extra investment would have insured a top 6 finish for us. I mean ffs we're past one third of the season and awful Norwich and Shef Utd are topping the league.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 03:44 - Nov 21 with 1905 viewsLoyal

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 00:00 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Contrubuted nothing meaningful to the first team in the Premier League years. Fact.

May be four years were needed to identify, establish, organise and understand what was required. The success of the academy this season is beyond question. Toshack and Richards for the reserves have been a complete success. The U18 side has stepped up and is now playing football very much in our image.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 06:35 - Nov 21 with 1871 viewsDr_Winston

Didn't want to name names but you were the prime example.

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 09:31 - Nov 21 with 1789 viewsraynor94

Category 1 status since 2016, Roberts and Rodon now first team regulars, with very bright futures ahead of them, plus the under 23s bearing fruit.

I'd say the academy is starting to do, what it was set up to do

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 10:32 - Nov 21 with 1762 viewsjackrmee

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 14:40 - Nov 20 by bluey_the_blue

Handled it well or had no choice due to not wanting to put money in?

Not wanting to put the club in more debt you mean?
As you can see from the OPs link, Stoke now owe their owners 122million!!!
Fuk that shit. Doesn't matter how rich your owners are, the kunts aren't putting their own money in. Glad ours aren't doing that now tbh. Still don't particularly want them around for too long though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:38 - Nov 21 with 1699 viewsploppy

There's money in online gambling, that's for sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:57 - Nov 21 with 1691 viewsjasper_T

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:38 - Nov 21 by ploppy

There's money in online gambling, that's for sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499

Should be banned.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 03:11 - Nov 22 with 1550 viewsTruth_Jack

Of course relegation has been handled well. I am amazed the fanbase is only now reluctantly accepting that the calls to “back Potter” and spend beyond our means we’re ludicrously off the mark. And Cooperman, you are absolutely spot on with showing how wonderful an achievement the 7 years at the top was.

I still can’t fathom how we still have fans that see it as a negative though, instead of being informed by history, common sense and knowledge of the game that every single club of our size that gets promoted - gets relegated. It just so happens we had the nous to stay there for among the longest out of all clubs of our ilk in modern history and pick up a major trophy, top half finishes and get to the knock out stages of Europe along the way - we have a lot to be eternally thankful for.

And to think E20 got banned and shamefully and desperately attacked and painted as troll by the Trust reps and their avid followers for essentially having the courage to say it before others instead of jumping on the damaging revenge and hate bandwagon against the club they were hell bent on creating and now desperately trying to delete all traces of. For shame. Fully vindicated.

*Copy and pasted for future use as no doubt this will be covered up quickly once again. This behaviour will be the architect of your own downfall.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 05:43 - Nov 22 with 1529 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 03:11 - Nov 22 by Truth_Jack

Of course relegation has been handled well. I am amazed the fanbase is only now reluctantly accepting that the calls to “back Potter” and spend beyond our means we’re ludicrously off the mark. And Cooperman, you are absolutely spot on with showing how wonderful an achievement the 7 years at the top was.

I still can’t fathom how we still have fans that see it as a negative though, instead of being informed by history, common sense and knowledge of the game that every single club of our size that gets promoted - gets relegated. It just so happens we had the nous to stay there for among the longest out of all clubs of our ilk in modern history and pick up a major trophy, top half finishes and get to the knock out stages of Europe along the way - we have a lot to be eternally thankful for.

And to think E20 got banned and shamefully and desperately attacked and painted as troll by the Trust reps and their avid followers for essentially having the courage to say it before others instead of jumping on the damaging revenge and hate bandwagon against the club they were hell bent on creating and now desperately trying to delete all traces of. For shame. Fully vindicated.

*Copy and pasted for future use as no doubt this will be covered up quickly once again. This behaviour will be the architect of your own downfall.

Thanks for that Huw. One thing, if it hadn't been for the likes of you wasting the Americans money on players that contributed nothing to the club we wouldn't have been without a pot to p*ss in in the first place . Relegation last season was totally unnecessary and as a direct result of some of the worst recruitment we've EVER done. People's egos far outreaching their abilities.

We still could have been in a better financial state than we are -the aspect you've missed out on are the big earners we could have got off the books but didn't because we hung out for unrealistic transfer fees.

Didn't we get an offer for a player (Narsingh maybe?) we didn't accept and now we're wasting 3 million on wages because we can't even play him?

The club, due to the investment in the academy has been saved playing wise this season by the emergence of talents such as CR, Rodon, Dan James etc etc. If they hadn't have been able to make the step up there's a fair chance we'd have suffered a second relegation.

And amid all of the back slapping at boardroom level let's not forget we still have the diabolical Ayew brothers on our books . The way Jordan is performing at Palace it looks like no f*ckers will want him next season.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 5:48]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 07:15 - Nov 22 with 1502 viewsTruth_Jack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 05:43 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Thanks for that Huw. One thing, if it hadn't been for the likes of you wasting the Americans money on players that contributed nothing to the club we wouldn't have been without a pot to p*ss in in the first place . Relegation last season was totally unnecessary and as a direct result of some of the worst recruitment we've EVER done. People's egos far outreaching their abilities.

We still could have been in a better financial state than we are -the aspect you've missed out on are the big earners we could have got off the books but didn't because we hung out for unrealistic transfer fees.

Didn't we get an offer for a player (Narsingh maybe?) we didn't accept and now we're wasting 3 million on wages because we can't even play him?

The club, due to the investment in the academy has been saved playing wise this season by the emergence of talents such as CR, Rodon, Dan James etc etc. If they hadn't have been able to make the step up there's a fair chance we'd have suffered a second relegation.

And amid all of the back slapping at boardroom level let's not forget we still have the diabolical Ayew brothers on our books . The way Jordan is performing at Palace it looks like no f*ckers will want him next season.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 5:48]

“The Americans money”? “Wouldn’t have not had a pot to p*ss in in the first place”? Is that selective memory, short term memory or just being insanely sillly?

That was the clubs money earned by Huw Jenkins and co after continuous superb business, he spent what he created, a business model that allowed the likes if you to brag about the club you claim to support. In fact after an incredible 7 years in the PL and a major trophy win - we have made a profit on transfers so you have no idea what you are talking about. That is stunning. The fact you are focusing on the aftermath of business transactions naturally getting harder to succeed with after being there so long says it all.

A bit like criticising a man leg strength after breaking all records for rock climbing because he fell off after the record was broken due to natural fatigue. It’s disingenous. The rock climber will eventually fall the further and longer e goes as it gets harder. Clubs like us will eventually get relegated as the longer we stay the harder it becomes. Both should be celebrated and not criticised after naturally suffering after such a prolonged success.

What do you mean if they hadn’t been able to step up? If Michu hadn’t been able to make the grade, if Celina hadn’t been able to make the grade, if De Guzman hadn’t been able to make the grade.. where does hat nonsense end? They are at the club because we believed they could succeed. Those at the club clearly had more faith in them than yourself.

Both Ayew brothers were instrumental in giving the club another £200m+ income and giving you another 2 seasons of moaning at being a Premier League club. Be grateful.

I am glad everyone is starting to wake up, although clearly having a hard time coming to terms with what that entails in terms of verbalising it. Shame.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 7:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024