Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Bundesliga 21:14 - Nov 21 with 1894 viewslonglostjack

Have backed down in the face of fans protest and agreed that there will be no more Monday night games after 2021 when the current contract expires. There were due to be big protests this weekend which will now be cancelled. Power to the fans!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Well done Bundesliga on 21:22 - Nov 21 with 1864 viewspencoedjack

Monday/Friday & the now Saturday night games are a nightmare for any real football supporter who goes to games .... Brilliant for armchair fan

Well done to the Germans 👍
Well done Bundesliga on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 1771 viewsCooperman

Well done Bundesliga on 21:22 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Monday/Friday & the now Saturday night games are a nightmare for any real football supporter who goes to games .... Brilliant for armchair fan

I agree. Fan power has beaten the greed of clubs and officials.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Well done Bundesliga on 01:09 - Nov 22 with 1649 viewsDyfnant

Well done Bundesliga on 21:22 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Always loved Friday night games. Hate early kickoffs though

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Well done Bundesliga on 08:59 - Nov 22 with 1501 viewsbyron

Well done Bundesliga on 22:04 - Nov 21 by Cooperman

I agree. Fan power has beaten the greed of clubs and officials.

They have it all right over there, ownership of clubs is strict I believe and restricted to being German? Is that right? cost to get in etc...and they can stand....enough to make you wish you were German eh? Well, almost

Benny

Well done Bundesliga on 10:57 - Nov 22 with 1407 viewsCatullus

Well done Bundesliga on 08:59 - Nov 22 by byron

They have it all right over there, ownership of clubs is strict I believe and restricted to being German? Is that right? cost to get in etc...and they can stand....enough to make you wish you were German eh? Well, almost

It can cheaper to watch top European teams than to watch English lower league games.
A standing season tickey at Bayern can be got for £140, at Borussia Dortmund for £215. A category one season at Real Madrid is 2000 euros (£1,769), at Bayern it's 750 euros (£663)

So £140 to stand at the Allianz Arena and watch a darned good team, bargain. An added bonus, with a season ticket at Bayern you get discounts on Champions league games too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Well done Bundesliga on 12:18 - Nov 22 with 1371 viewsgolly47

Well done Bundesliga on 10:57 - Nov 22 by Catullus

It can cheaper to watch top European teams than to watch English lower league games.
A standing season tickey at Bayern can be got for £140, at Borussia Dortmund for £215. A category one season at Real Madrid is 2000 euros (£1,769), at Bayern it's 750 euros (£663)

So £140 to stand at the Allianz Arena and watch a darned good team, bargain. An added bonus, with a season ticket at Bayern you get discounts on Champions league games too.

Went to watch Hertha BSC a few years ago with a couple of mates, I paid £180 for a weekend away in Berlin, flights, hotel AND football ticket included. One hell of a trip and cheap as chips. Also I love the fact fans can purchase plastic tankards and refill them in the concourse, you can return the tankard at the end of the game to get back your deposit as well. The Germans have it spot on in terms of football.

Poll: What was worse?

Well done Bundesliga on 12:21 - Nov 22 with 1366 viewsLeonWasGod

I looked into going to Dortmund. I'd have needed to sell a kidney, about 6 months in advance too.

I think it's ok for locals with access to those STs and the like, but try and get a one off game to coincide with a trip (even for a rubbish opponent) and it's a whole different ball game. Not that that detracts from what you're saying - for local, regular fans the set up is very good.
Well done Bundesliga on 12:53 - Nov 22 with 1336 viewsBobbyBacala

Well done Bundesliga on 12:21 - Nov 22 by LeonWasGod

I looked into going to Dortmund. I'd have needed to sell a kidney, about 6 months in advance too.

I think it's ok for locals with access to those STs and the like, but try and get a one off game to coincide with a trip (even for a rubbish opponent) and it's a whole different ball game. Not that that detracts from what you're saying - for local, regular fans the set up is very good.

Yes, I think the cheapness of German football is overstated somewhat - I paid £30 to watch Cologne vs Dresden the other week in Bundesliga 2. There are some very cheap tickets available, but I think these tend to be for standing sections and obviously sell out very quick, leaving tickets that are probably equivalent in price to ours.

Worth mentioning that both times I've been to a German game (Hamburg in 2005), travel to the ground via the S/U-Bahn or tram is free, though not sure if this the same for every team or still the case with Hamburg.

I'd heartily recommend Cologne as a place to watch a game though - especially if you can time it for the end of Feb/start of March to coincide with the end of the Carnival!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 12:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Bundesliga on 13:52 - Nov 22 with 1264 viewsLoyal

Well done Bundesliga on 08:59 - Nov 22 by byron

Dortmund fans ensured nobody turned up for a game a few years back. The bundesliga know the mindset is different there. Unlike here where idiots don't see the value in a bit of pain for the greater good.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Well done Bundesliga on 01:11 - Nov 23 with 1059 viewsjackrmee

Can't even get a season ticket in the Conference for that price!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024