Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Contract Players 10:58 - Nov 22 with 4289 viewsTom1912

With McBurnie, Fulton, Grimes, Rodon and now Roberts signed up for the next few years, the club have done well in locking down our younger talent.

By my reckoning we're left with contracts expiring on more experienced players only:

Fer
Bony
VDH
Olsson
Narsingh
Routledge

I wouldn't be surprised if all these left next summer. I can't imagine we'll offer Routledge and Narsingh new deals and the club have an option on Bony for another year but I can't see a scenario they'd take it without some serious wage re-negotiation. And that's if he's even here after January. I'd like to see Fer and Olsson stay but their age and higher wages will probably see them move on as they seek to get what will likely be the final big deal of their career.

VDH is probably the one most would like to see stay but I suspect he will have some decent offers on the table.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 10:58]
Out of Contract Players on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 3508 viewsairedale

To me, players signing contracts means the club will get more money if another club decides to buy them.
Out of Contract Players on 11:16 - Nov 22 with 3490 views_

Would we all accept Bony on 30k a week for another year?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Out of Contract Players on 11:21 - Nov 22 with 3475 viewsTom1912

Out of Contract Players on 11:16 - Nov 22 by _

Too early to say I think.

If he stays fit and provides a decent striker option, I would.
Out of Contract Players on 11:22 - Nov 22 with 3471 viewsjasper_T

Only if he stays fit and bangs in 20 goals before the end of the season. Minimum expectation for that sort of money.
Out of Contract Players on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 3438 viewsTailGunner

Out of Contract Players on 11:22 - Nov 22 by jasper_T

Only if he stays fit and bangs in 20 goals before the end of the season. Minimum expectation for that sort of money.

Sanctioning that ridiculous deal would only prove we have learnt nothing.
Out of Contract Players on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 3437 viewsOldjack

Out of Contract Players on 11:05 - Nov 22 by airedale

To me, players signing contracts means the club will get more money if another club decides to buy them.

spot on ,a contract means jack shyte ,which imo is totally wrong

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Out of Contract Players on 11:53 - Nov 22 with 3392 viewsJinxy

Absolutely. It can also mean the player values himself and is comfortable with his club, e.g. if Roberts didn't and wasn't, then he could move far more easily on a free, with the new club not taking much financial risk. Having signed, if another club wants him badly enough then they have to meet the transfer fee - that scenario would mean he is performing very well, so win win. Roberts and his agent are justified in valuing himself imho. Really good and patient work by the club - and a real boost for Saturday!
Out of Contract Players on 11:56 - Nov 22 with 3385 viewsKGriz16

From that lot, mostly just want to see VdH sign a new contract. Deserves it. Had my reservations when we signed him from Ajax, but he's come on so much and is a real stalwart of the squad. Congratulations to the club however, on getting all recent contract renewals done and getting the club/squad moving forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of Contract Players on 11:59 - Nov 22 with 3377 viewsCooperman

Great question.

Yes - if he can demonstrate fitness over the next two months and if we shift Routledge, Dyer and Narsingh off of the wage book.

It would still be a gamble but one worth taking IMO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Out of Contract Players on 12:07 - Nov 22 with 3355 viewsNeathJack

Not with his recent injury record and minimal goalscoring return over the last 3 or so years, no.
Out of Contract Players on 12:11 - Nov 22 with 3336 viewsCooperman

Out of Contract Players on 12:07 - Nov 22 by NeathJack

Not with his recent injury record and minimal goalscoring return over the last 3 or so years, no.

And if he scores 1 in 3 and / or manages >80% game time between now and say end of Feb?

Out of Contract Players on 12:14 - Nov 22 with 3325 views34dfgdf54

What's the average wage of a Championship striker?

For me it would depend on how much it held us back in strengthening other areas which are more of a priority.
Out of Contract Players on 12:18 - Nov 22 with 3306 viewsnantywatcher

I'd struggle to pay him a grand for 30 weeks (come on Wilf prove me wrong!)
Out of Contract Players on 15:57 - Nov 22 with 3084 viewsPrivate_Partz

I rather they signed contracts. I am pleased by the way It has gone so far but as you say it just means we get more money for them if we sell on.
I don't trust the Yanks and Sell Outs further than I could throw them, and January window will still be a telling one in relation to their their intentions, but there no denying it is going well so far.
I remain on the fence for the time being ;-)
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 15:59]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Out of Contract Players on 16:06 - Nov 22 with 3056 viewsswan65split

Out of Contract Players on 15:57 - Nov 22 by Private_Partz

I rather they signed contracts. I am pleased by the way It has gone so far but as you say it just means we get more money for them if we sell on.
I don't trust the Yanks and Sell Outs further than I could throw them, and January window will still be a telling one in relation to their their intentions, but there no denying it is going well so far.
I remain on the fence for the time being ;-)
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 15:59]

Agree with all bar the last line

I think they would want things done as cheap as possible, signing new contracts doesnt mean a big outlay of dollars,,,,,,,,signings do .....the window/our league position will give us an indication of which side of the fence they go.
Out of Contract Players on 16:38 - Nov 22 with 3004 viewsSTID2017

I don't blame anyone for mistrusting those who run our club.
The one thing that is making me wonder whether they have finally learned their lessons and turned a corner is not only the reduction in ST prices until if bought before the end of January, but also the fact that we can all afford to wait until the end of January and see who goes and comes in the transfer window before deciding whether to renew or not.
They may have learnt their lessons - probably just me being niave

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Out of Contract Players on 17:38 - Nov 22 with 2928 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What kind of player can you get in the Championship for £30K a week, a reliable striker? If so .....NO!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Out of Contract Players on 18:55 - Nov 22 with 2838 viewsBadlands

We won't be able to afford any players on that pay unless we are in the Premier League

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Out of Contract Players on 19:12 - Nov 22 with 2806 viewsPrivate_Partz

Out of Contract Players on 16:06 - Nov 22 by swan65split

Agree with all bar the last line

I think they would want things done as cheap as possible, signing new contracts doesnt mean a big outlay of dollars,,,,,,,,signings do .....the window/our league position will give us an indication of which side of the fence they go.

Yep I agree. There are two drivers for me. The new contracts thereby giving the opportunity to retain the young starlets. Also the signings to bolster the squad. I don't think we are quite there yet but to get it right by bringing in some new faces would gives us a real shout of getting back at the first attempt.
If lessons have been learned, and we do speculate to accumulate, then off the fence I will come, although I will never forgive them for needlessly throwing away our top flight status.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Out of Contract Players on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 2793 viewsPrivate_Partz

Out of Contract Players on 18:55 - Nov 22 by Badlands

We won't be able to afford any players on that pay unless we are in the Premier League

it is likely Bony will be with us after the January window as I doubt there will be enough time for him to regain form and play regularly in the first team to attract any interested parties.
If he does rediscover fitness and form then surely it would be worth retaining him on stupid money until the end of the season.
We can then decide whether to get rid.
If we are fortunate enough to get promoted then he might very well be just the type of player we need for the following season.
There is no doubt it's a big ask to get him back to former standards however.

Out of Contract Players on 19:23 - Nov 22 with 2786 views34dfgdf54

Was it just me or did Potter hint at Fer and VDH also being in talks?
Out of Contract Players on 19:57 - Nov 22 with 2734 viewsjasper_T

Out of Contract Players on 19:19 - Nov 22 by Private_Partz

it is likely Bony will be with us after the January window as I doubt there will be enough time for him to regain form and play regularly in the first team to attract any interested parties.
If he does rediscover fitness and form then surely it would be worth retaining him on stupid money until the end of the season.
We can then decide whether to get rid.
If we are fortunate enough to get promoted then he might very well be just the type of player we need for the following season.
There is no doubt it's a big ask to get him back to former standards however.

He'll only be worth his £90k+ a week if he gets us promoted (the guys who are getting us up towards the playoffs now earn ~1/10th that figure). Anything short of that is an awful financial burden.

If we can get him out the door and save even half his wages that would make a big difference in our ability to lock down important players (like vdH), which would be a massive bonus both long term and short.
Out of Contract Players on 20:15 - Nov 22 with 2691 viewsCooperman

Out of Contract Players on 18:55 - Nov 22 by Badlands

Yes we will. Parachute payments would allow for this next season although that might also mean shifting one or two other high earners.

Once parachute payments cease then it becomes impossible.

Out of Contract Players on 20:20 - Nov 22 with 2672 viewsCooperman

Out of Contract Players on 19:23 - Nov 22 by 34dfgdf54

I’ve not heard what he said but VdH on reasonable wages is a no brainer.

A lot depends on how much publicity has been given to his performances and how much press our tight defence is getting. I’d wager that clubs in Turkey, Netherlands and the like have their eye on him.

Out of Contract Players on 20:36 - Nov 22 with 2642 viewsjasper_T

Out of Contract Players on 19:23 - Nov 22 by 34dfgdf54

The journo led him to a point where he couldn't avoid hinting at it. Specifically mentioned Fer & vdH, and then followed up with "are there any more talks with players going on at the club" to which Potter can only say "yeah".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024