Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National Library of Wales Newspapers 22:08 - Nov 22 with 2849 viewsPacemaker

I have been using this free to use portal to carry out searches of Welsh Newspapers as part of some research I have been doing. It covers the period from 1804 up to 1919. A tremendous resource to use which brings to light all of our local historical stories with events large and small covered.

I came across this report today from 1914 in relation to Swansea Association Football club, interesting to see how much the record gate receipts were.

https://newspapers.library.wales/view/4012793/4012796/37/Swansea%20Association%2

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:13 - Nov 22 with 2843 viewsDarran

Any Baglan photos on there?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 2834 viewsPegojack

No doubt the gentlemen mentioned in that article are revolving in their graves at the antics of Big Nose & co over the past few years.
National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:40 - Nov 22 with 2820 viewsPacemaker

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:13 - Nov 22 by Darran

Any Baglan photos on there?

No photos but plenty of reports over the years involving Baglan. Just type Baglan in the search or one of the streets from the older areas of Baglan will provide a story.

Saw one about St Catherine’s Church, quite a few about poaching, fighting and drunkenness much like many other areas.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 22:54]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:57 - Nov 22 with 2800 viewsDarran

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 22:40 - Nov 22 by Pacemaker

No photos but plenty of reports over the years involving Baglan. Just type Baglan in the search or one of the streets from the older areas of Baglan will provide a story.

Saw one about St Catherine’s Church, quite a few about poaching, fighting and drunkenness much like many other areas.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 22:54]

I’ve just read loads of them,brilliant stuff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

National Library of Wales Newspapers on 09:40 - Nov 23 with 2709 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cheers. I will check that one out.
I notice they were trying to get the BBC Wales archives in there as well so we could source historical broadcasts.
The project is now in doubt as WAG have withdrawn their 4m pound support because 'certain conditions have not been met'.
I bet one of them is 'not in Cardiff'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024