Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 39068 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 00:04 - Nov 26 with 3564 viewsbuilthjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:45 - Nov 25 by pencoedjack

Some snowflakes about there days ....

If a Swansea/Celtic flag was on show at the Liberty id have a moment of distaste then forget about it.

There was a guy with a Neath rugby shirt on in the East anyone offended by that?

There was a quite old guy, about 75, going into the ground yesterday with a swans coat on, and an Arsenal cap. Made me chuckle actually.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 00:16 - Nov 26 with 3561 viewsSwanjaxs

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:51 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

Hail Hail 🍀

‘Brendan Rodgers is here for 10 in a row....’ 🇮🇪 🇪🇺

For sure 🇮🇪

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 00:38 - Nov 26 with 3551 viewsScottishEddie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:23 - Nov 25 by EU5Makaveli

🤮🤮

😂

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 01:20 - Nov 26 with 3541 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:43 - Nov 25 by Darran

I just don't want that badge anywhere near a flag like that. Piss poor.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 02:04 - Nov 26 with 3532 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:40 - Nov 25 by byron

Hey, you lost your usual cool there dude, chill out. We always knew you had a few, just not enough on many occasions. I’m sure you won the odd battle along the way. I don’t know what game your on about 21 years ago now bro, away? In Scotland? You rarely did go so could easily turn up and stun everyone now and then. 😂😂

I'm calmly posting facts, that's all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 06:59 - Nov 26 with 3461 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:22 - Nov 25 by byron

Chill out fatty, your only little and a bit of wimp from what I hear....😜

You really should stop fantasizing what people on the internet look like Benny.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:27 - Nov 26 with 3433 viewsmarchamjack

Saw that on Saturday...literally did a double take and shook my head. Mrs MJ asked what it was...exactly I said

Genuine question here? - can anyone explain what a phrase supporting the retention of Northern Ireland to the UK on a Dutch flag is all about?

Btw, for clarity, I’m not in any way offended, more bewildered by it and a little bit embarrassed for those who spent money creating it. Maybe if someone can explain it to me please I’ll be less bewildered at least

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:56 - Nov 26 with 3412 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 06:59 - Nov 26 by pencoedjack

You really should stop fantasizing what people on the internet look like Benny.

One day pen I’m going to find you, buy you a pint and give you the hug of your life until you love me back

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:00 - Nov 26 with 3383 viewsexiledclaseboy

The most embarrassing thing about it is that (unless it’s hidden by the angle of the photograph) the flag is missing the question mark that should be after the quotation.

Poll: Tory leader

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:00 - Nov 26 with 3318 viewstrampie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:27 - Nov 26 by marchamjack

Saw that on Saturday...literally did a double take and shook my head. Mrs MJ asked what it was...exactly I said

Genuine question here? - can anyone explain what a phrase supporting the retention of Northern Ireland to the UK on a Dutch flag is all about?

Btw, for clarity, I’m not in any way offended, more bewildered by it and a little bit embarrassed for those who spent money creating it. Maybe if someone can explain it to me please I’ll be less bewildered at least

Not sure how well Welsh boyos understand the mentality of Germanic types, but my guess would be its something to do with a Dutch guy that conquered England and won a battle in Ireland, are those Dutch guys coming to Wales and trying to say that England and N.Ireland belong to them, lol.

The amount of English kings that could not speak English is incredible, not talking about the above, what I find ironic about Ingurlander types is they are a mixture of races and they will colonise a people and call those people they colonise foreigners in their own land, I think they need to look in the mirror, its quite bizarre.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:14 - Nov 26 with 3304 viewsEU5Makaveli

The flag is as idiotic as the strange c**t that made it.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:32 - Nov 26 with 3260 viewsDevz00

A Cardiff fan made an even worse one and was quite rightly ruined on twitter for it.
‘Welsh Loyal’ with a rangers badge and huge welsh dragon on it. Bizarre

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:43 - Nov 26 with 3249 viewsDarran

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:14 - Nov 26 by EU5Makaveli

The flag is as idiotic as the strange c**t that made it.

Who made it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:07 - Nov 26 with 3184 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:43 - Nov 26 by Darran

Who made it?

Barmy Flags made it.
I'm not sure they are strange, idiotic or just a business.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:41 - Nov 26 with 3143 viewstrampie

Poor old Abertawe getting overrun, opposition fans visiting the Liberty must be thinking are we really in Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:58 - Nov 26 with 3137 viewsLeonWasGod

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:09 - Nov 25 by longlostjack

Rubbish flag. Rangers logo. What’s next Man Utd, Chelsea, Celtic? That bit at the bottom. Is it asking if anybody’s butchered a rabbit?

In this context, it's the motto used by the protestant Unionist/Loyalists in N Ireland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_separabit%3F

I'd rather have Man U or Chelsea flag - at least that's pure football rather than this highly divisive politcal bollox. Swansea have nothing to do with the protestant Ulster unionist movement.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:08 - Nov 26 with 3116 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:58 - Nov 26 by LeonWasGod

In this context, it's the motto used by the protestant Unionist/Loyalists in N Ireland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_separabit%3F

I'd rather have Man U or Chelsea flag - at least that's pure football rather than this highly divisive politcal bollox. Swansea have nothing to do with the protestant Ulster unionist movement.

Appears like they do, no one challenges it. I take it belongs to the bald bloke sitting down aswell?

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:09 - Nov 26 with 3115 viewstrampie

Its apparently the motto of the UDA who murdered lots of innocent Catholics during the troubles, Swansea has nothing to do with paramilitary murder gangs and their support should not be welcomed in our club.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:19 - Nov 26 with 3019 viewsBillyChong

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:02 - Nov 25 by giantstoneater

The flag is obviously divisive and if it's owners cared anything about The Swans they wouldn't take it, we have a young squad and they need us behind them that is not the flag to do it.

McBurnie probably likes it
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:26 - Nov 26 with 3010 viewsBillyChong

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:51 - Nov 25 by byron

I know we had them, they would never display flags about it at ninian park though, it wouldn’t last a minute up.

Yet you display a 100 foot flag featuring the names of some less than savoury characters.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:39 - Nov 26 with 2997 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:26 - Nov 26 by BillyChong

Yet you display a 100 foot flag featuring the names of some less than savoury characters.

What flag ?

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 2979 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:26 - Nov 26 by BillyChong

Loyals old mates😂

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:58 - Nov 26 with 2975 viewstrampie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:39 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

What flag ?

I think its just names of their fans that are now departed, I thought I might know a few names on there from the old days [but there again they may still be alive] but only one name I recognise from when we would stop off in Neath after a match and their local crew had been away to London, West Midlands, Welsh Borders etc and we would swap stories in their local pub - yes we would go where we liked, C C Commando's.

We was only against each other on match days against each other, it was the English teams fans that were the opposition in those wild days of the 70s and 80s, but having said that that wasn't the case when it came to a little village at the top end of the Vale of Neath they would fight all the time, any time, any place, anywhere.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 2970 viewstrampie

Its sad to see Union Jacks, N.Irish flags etc in Swansea, im dismayed.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:28 - Nov 26 with 2948 viewsGowerjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:34 - Nov 25 by exiledclaseboy

Having now seen the flag in question it’s truly hideous. Each to their own but a little piece of me cringes when I see that nonsense associated with the Swans.

Me as well.

The flag propagates a vile sectarian hatred that should have no place at our football club.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024