Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 38884 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:30 - Nov 26 with 3472 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:58 - Nov 26 by trampie

I think its just names of their fans that are now departed, I thought I might know a few names on there from the old days [but there again they may still be alive] but only one name I recognise from when we would stop off in Neath after a match and their local crew had been away to London, West Midlands, Welsh Borders etc and we would swap stories in their local pub - yes we would go where we liked, C C Commando's.

We was only against each other on match days against each other, it was the English teams fans that were the opposition in those wild days of the 70s and 80s, but having said that that wasn't the case when it came to a little village at the top end of the Vale of Neath they would fight all the time, any time, any place, anywhere.

Afternoon drinking post?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:33 - Nov 26 with 3460 viewstrampie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:30 - Nov 26 by taffpunk

Afternoon drinking post?

I don't do afternoon drinking per se, if there is any drinking in an afternoon then its part of an all dayer.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:40 - Nov 26 with 3451 viewspencoedjack

We’ve got a game in 48 hours

6 pages on a effing flag.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:30 - Nov 26 with 3397 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:00 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

The most embarrassing thing about it is that (unless it’s hidden by the angle of the photograph) the flag is missing the question mark that should be after the quotation.

You’re quite right. The dearth of formally trained classicists in the East Stand is woeful. It’s a far cry from the North Bank circa ‘83, you couldn’t move for youngsters discussing the correct usage of the imperfect and pluperfect within the subjunctive framework.

Youngsters today, eh? Eheu fugaces labuntur anni...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:58 - Nov 26 with 3320 viewsgiantstoneater

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:19 - Nov 26 by BillyChong

McBurnie probably likes it

Dividing the fans Billy the fans!!
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:38 - Nov 26 with 3291 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:08 - Nov 26 by byron

Appears like they do, no one challenges it. I take it belongs to the bald bloke sitting down aswell?

Fraid not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:56 - Nov 26 with 3267 viewstrampie

Jaco has picked up on it now.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:57 - Nov 26 with 3263 viewstrampie

Kaardiff fan replies .

Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:01 - Nov 26 with 3260 viewsexiledclaseboy

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:30 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

You’re quite right. The dearth of formally trained classicists in the East Stand is woeful. It’s a far cry from the North Bank circa ‘83, you couldn’t move for youngsters discussing the correct usage of the imperfect and pluperfect within the subjunctive framework.

Youngsters today, eh? Eheu fugaces labuntur anni...

You don’t need to be a classicist to know that a question requires a question mark.

Unless of course you’re suggesting that whoever commissioned this flag is either pretty stupid or has no idea what the words on the flag translate to. Neither of which would surprise me in the slightest.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 22:11]

Poll: Tory leader

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:28 - Nov 26 with 3215 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:01 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

You don’t need to be a classicist to know that a question requires a question mark.

Unless of course you’re suggesting that whoever commissioned this flag is either pretty stupid or has no idea what the words on the flag translate to. Neither of which would surprise me in the slightest.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 22:11]

Given the thrust of your post I bet you couldn’t get back and edit the spelling in your first sentence quick enough, could you?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:32 - Nov 26 with 3208 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:56 - Nov 26 by trampie

Jaco has picked up on it now.

I find it hilarious that you continually link to Roy’s meanderings, Tramp. Surely to God you must be hip to the fact he would despise pretty much everything you purport to believe in by now?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:46 - Nov 26 with 3185 viewstrampie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:32 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

I find it hilarious that you continually link to Roy’s meanderings, Tramp. Surely to God you must be hip to the fact he would despise pretty much everything you purport to believe in by now?

His political views on economics are totally opposite to mine but he is top notch at investigating stories effecting Wales that the main stream media wont touch [or often Plaid] and as regards footie he is a Swans fan, his blog/tweets are always worth checking out.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:48 - Nov 26 with 3182 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:46 - Nov 26 by trampie

His political views on economics are totally opposite to mine but he is top notch at investigating stories effecting Wales that the main stream media wont touch [or often Plaid] and as regards footie he is a Swans fan, his blog/tweets are always worth checking out.

Very open minded of you, Tramp. Inexplicably out of character but a welcome development for all that.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:04 - Nov 26 with 3157 viewstrampie

I always walk a mile in another man's sandals.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:35 - Nov 26 with 3137 viewsSwanjaxs

It's just a flag, somebody paid out and as long as it's got a safety certificate (legal requirement) then more power and all that... nothing to see here, bigger fish to fry on Wednesday, and let's raise the roof on minute 3 for the Rock 😎 RIP YJB 🖤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:25 - Nov 27 with 2970 viewsDevz00

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:32 - Nov 26 by Devz00

A Cardiff fan made an even worse one and was quite rightly ruined on twitter for it.
‘Welsh Loyal’ with a rangers badge and huge welsh dragon on it. Bizarre

Apparently there are 'Quite a few' cardiff who are like-minded.

Who'd have thought?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 15:26]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:31 - Nov 27 with 2964 viewsDevz00

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:25 - Nov 27 by Devz00

Who'd have thought?

and another

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:28 - Nov 27 with 2910 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:25 - Nov 27 by Devz00

Who'd have thought?

Oh my lord, it gets worse

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202217&sid=0e2c69709c36db9

😂😂

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 2865 viewsexiledclaseboy

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 22:28 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

Given the thrust of your post I bet you couldn’t get back and edit the spelling in your first sentence quick enough, could you?

There was a certain irony in it.

Poll: Tory leader

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:52 - Nov 28 with 2733 viewsDewi1jack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:09 - Nov 26 by trampie

Its apparently the motto of the UDA who murdered lots of innocent Catholics during the troubles, Swansea has nothing to do with paramilitary murder gangs and their support should not be welcomed in our club.

It's also been the motto of many British Army regiments dicksplash.

When you leave school and have no carers with you, you may start to be educated.
Doubtful.
Most reckon you can't educate Pork
But we can all #pray for Trampie

Saw the flag.
Truthfully I don't care for it at our ground, or any political flag for that matter at any ground, but as we live in a democracy that purports freedom of speech for all...

Can't you fukin snowflakes just learn to ignore things, rather than get mightily offended?

If it breaks regs or something, Dibble will soon arrest and eject them.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:15 - Nov 28 with 2700 viewstrampie

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:52 - Nov 28 by Dewi1jack

It's also been the motto of many British Army regiments dicksplash.

When you leave school and have no carers with you, you may start to be educated.
Doubtful.
Most reckon you can't educate Pork
But we can all #pray for Trampie

Saw the flag.
Truthfully I don't care for it at our ground, or any political flag for that matter at any ground, but as we live in a democracy that purports freedom of speech for all...

Can't you fukin snowflakes just learn to ignore things, rather than get mightily offended?

If it breaks regs or something, Dibble will soon arrest and eject them.

They stopped certain Welsh flags going into the national stadium for being political a few years back, so much for freedom of speech and democracy hey, i put the links up for a poster on here at the time.
Seems like its the Brit Nat's that are the precious little snowflakes after all.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:07 - Nov 28 with 2622 viewsKilkennyjack

Good flag news tonight - no union jack.
Bad flag news tonight - Rangers Loyal flag was there. Ych a fi 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:31 - Nov 28 with 2598 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:07 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Also a Swansea flag with an Irish flag on it & the back of NE upper

Shall we all have a hissy fit
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:51 - Nov 28 with 2585 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:07 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Where?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:09 - Nov 29 with 2523 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:31 - Nov 28 by pencoedjack

Also a Swansea flag with an Irish flag on it & the back of NE upper

Shall we all have a hissy fit

It's ok, it's not political, everyone said so.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024