Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 38868 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:35 - Dec 16 with 2460 viewsTailGunner

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:44 - Dec 16 by Gowerjack

Then he should take a Rangers flag to Ibrox and a Swansea flag to the Liberty.

And drop the vile sectarianism altogether.

It's not rocket science.

Why when you can get both on one flag?

People really got offended enough to complain?
Weird.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:15 - Dec 16 with 2401 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 03:54 - Dec 16 by EU5Makaveli

Apologies for bringing this to the front of the forum.

However the flag in question has been banned from the stadium. Apparently there were 100’s of complaints about it.

Me personally, I’d never complain- but the guy who owns the flag is a wannabe “hooligan” who sits in the SouthEast corner.

In my opinion as much as I dislike the Ulster/ Loyalist’s he probably should be allowed to be flying whatever flag he wants (providing its Swansea). But in reality the guys a bit of a laughing stock among the long term Swansea supporters.

Imagine a guy, mid 30’s only wears stone island to games, has a bit of banter with opposition fans then labels himself a “violent casual”- yeah one of them absolute helmets.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 3:58]

I'm unsure why the club would ban it, and more importantly who would make that decision ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:21 - Dec 16 with 2393 viewsKilkennyjack

I dont like the flag.

I would not ban it though.

I cant imagine many people complaining tbh.

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 2361 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:41 - Dec 16 with 2324 viewsBillyChong

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:06 - Dec 1 by taffpunk

Stop it you silly sausage, you are normally one of the better posters on here. Two people in Bryncethin have clubbed together to buy a flag.
This time next season, if we stay up, a BIG if, our crowds will be double yours.
Normal service is slowly being resumed...

You can’t sell out now in the prem you silly mong, embarrassing fan base
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:56 - Dec 16 with 2308 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:41 - Dec 16 by BillyChong

You can’t sell out now in the prem you silly mong, embarrassing fan base

Over 30000 fir most, most live on Sky too, something you can only dream of. Wasnt your highest ever attendance just 32000? 😂

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:45 - Dec 16 with 2249 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:12 - Dec 16 with 2236 viewsjackrmee

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:25 - Dec 16 by STID2017

Excuse me asking but is your avatar Che Guevara by any chance.
Famous political revolutionary figure - just saying

I have my own views and opinions. I don't put a Swansea badge on them and act as though the whole club and all their fans agree with me.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:40 - Dec 16 with 2172 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 14:45 - Dec 16 by trampie

Another tax and lottery funded wheeze, Tramp. Another gaggle of self-righteous hucksters conjuring a non-existent boogie-man for cash.

Give it, what? A year, eighteen months, and one of these shits will be up before the beak for embezzling public money, ciphoning your hard-earned off to family members via ‘consultancy fees’ or for holidays or cars, whatever.

It happens again and again and again. Wake up, son.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:44 - Dec 16 with 2165 viewsLohengrin

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:12 - Dec 16 by jackrmee

I have my own views and opinions. I don't put a Swansea badge on them and act as though the whole club and all their fans agree with me.

I do. I’ve got a Countryside Alliance sticker on the back of the Land Rover opposite a Swans logo.

Kiss my arse liberals, kiss my arse Cardiff. There’s a nice symmetry to it. I like it and so do the hounds.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 17:47 - Dec 16 with 2122 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:56 - Dec 16 by byron

Over 30000 fir most, most live on Sky too, something you can only dream of. Wasnt your highest ever attendance just 32000? 😂

You've got more seats, that's it.
We've taken 36,000 to Cardiff if it's all about numbers, if it is all about numbers then may I suggest you worry about your points tally instead of not selling out a stadium in your first season in the premier League, just saying like.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:30 - Dec 16 with 2048 viewsSTID2017

Fair enough

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 06:13 - Dec 17 with 1944 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:56 - Dec 16 by byron

No . Our highest ever attendance was 43,500 for the play of final at Wembley. Not bad for an away game. We could have sold more but it was the same old story. Ground wasn't big enough.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:36 - Dec 17 with 1924 viewsshandyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 03:54 - Dec 16 by EU5Makaveli

Apologies for bringing this to the front of the forum.

However the flag in question has been banned from the stadium. Apparently there were 100’s of complaints about it.

Me personally, I’d never complain- but the guy who owns the flag is a wannabe “hooligan” who sits in the SouthEast corner.

In my opinion as much as I dislike the Ulster/ Loyalist’s he probably should be allowed to be flying whatever flag he wants (providing its Swansea). But in reality the guys a bit of a laughing stock among the long term Swansea supporters.

Imagine a guy, mid 30’s only wears stone island to games, has a bit of banter with opposition fans then labels himself a “violent casual”- yeah one of them absolute helmets.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 3:58]

Long term Swans supporters 😂😂😂

Poll: Expectation for the season

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:24 - Dec 17 with 1861 viewsLoyalSwansea

It’s my flag, and these long term supporters you speak of include me! Not one person asked me why I had that flag or the meaning of it!

I’m mates with an east Belfast lad who lives in Merthyr and watches Swansea and rangers! He was in the Irish riffles which was their motto!

Next time come and ask instead of hiding behind a computer calling people wannabe hooligans and helmets.

I sit in the family stand with my son and nephew hence why the flag is over there.

Too actually moan on a fans forum about a flags is absolutely pathetic when the Union Jack and Northern Ireland flag has been hung since late 80s early 90s!

The flag has been banned the liberty rung Friday afternoon!
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 1854 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:24 - Dec 17 by LoyalSwansea

It’s my flag, and these long term supporters you speak of include me! Not one person asked me why I had that flag or the meaning of it!

I’m mates with an east Belfast lad who lives in Merthyr and watches Swansea and rangers! He was in the Irish riffles which was their motto!

Next time come and ask instead of hiding behind a computer calling people wannabe hooligans and helmets.

I sit in the family stand with my son and nephew hence why the flag is over there.

Too actually moan on a fans forum about a flags is absolutely pathetic when the Union Jack and Northern Ireland flag has been hung since late 80s early 90s!

I wouldn’t bother explaining yourself fella.

I still find it hard to believe people went to the trouble of complaining to the club.

Snowflakes
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:54 - Dec 17 with 1831 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Although I didn’t complain, it doesn’t surprise me that many people apparently did. Any flag which seems to openly condone or support religious conflict that has caused untold death and misery in our lifetimes will obviously cause offence to many, and shouldn’t be displayed at the Liberty.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 12:57 - Dec 17 with 1829 viewsLoyalSwansea

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:36 - Dec 17 by shandyjack

Long term Swans supporters 😂😂😂

Exactly it’s brilliant, obviously just another one that’s turned up since the stadium was erected!!

Like these welsh nationalist that have just appeared since the euro’s.

I’m proud to be welsh and British but now all of a sudden it’s wrong to be both now when the UJ or the NI flag wasn’t opposed to in the 90s/00s

UppaHelmets
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:01 - Dec 17 with 1820 viewsLoyalSwansea

Never acted like everyone agrees with me!!

Stop acting a goat and pretending you know me you pleb
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:11 - Dec 17 with 1804 viewsLohengrin

”The flag has been banned the liberty rung Friday afternoon!”

If you’re happy and willing to repeat the conversation I’d love to know on what grounds it has been banned?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:14 - Dec 17 with 1798 viewsSTID2017

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:01 - Dec 17 by LoyalSwansea

Never acted like everyone agrees with me!!

Stop acting a goat and pretending you know me you pleb

He was replying to my comment on his avatar.
As for your flag, I'm glad it's banned.
Only Swansea or Welsh flags should be in the home end.
Keep the Union Jack for the English teams.
FYI I class myself as Welsh, British and with Irish heritage.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:15 - Dec 17 with 1798 viewsEbo

I bet you would get your knickers in a twist if someone hung an Irish tr-colour or a 'Swansea Bhoys' flag down there wouldn't you?

Keep bigotry and politics out of Swansea city and get behind the team. What you do outside the stadium is up to you.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:17 - Dec 17 with 1793 viewsSTID2017

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:15 - Dec 17 by Ebo

I bet you would get your knickers in a twist if someone hung an Irish tr-colour or a 'Swansea Bhoys' flag down there wouldn't you?

Keep bigotry and politics out of Swansea city and get behind the team. What you do outside the stadium is up to you.

Agree 100%

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:19 - Dec 17 with 1790 viewsLoyalSwansea

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:15 - Dec 17 by Ebo

Nope I have very good friends who are Celtic fans and a mate who flys the tri colour with Greenhill Jacks flags down there which again isn’t opposed and rightly so!

So give it rest pal!!

🇬🇧
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:21 - Dec 17 with 1788 viewsEbo

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 13:19 - Dec 17 by LoyalSwansea

Nope I have very good friends who are Celtic fans and a mate who flys the tri colour with Greenhill Jacks flags down there which again isn’t opposed and rightly so!

So give it rest pal!!

🇬🇧

Not very 'loyal' then are you?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024