Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread 17:21 - Nov 25 with 18990 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 18:55]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 20:13 - Nov 25 with 9142 viewsoldcob

This game will tell a lot about the team. Will they have what it takes to turn it around after a poor performance. A real "stand up and be counted game"
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 9140 viewsbuilthjack

3-0.
I am serious.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 20:16 - Nov 25 with 9138 viewsoldcob

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 20:15 - Nov 25 by builthjack

3-0.
I am serious.

I hope you are right. That would be just what we need.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 9107 viewsbuilthjack

Mulder
Roberts VDH The Vicar Olsson
Roden

Fulton Grimes

James Bony Montero

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 02:10 - Nov 26 with 8931 viewsLoyal

Nice one JH.
This is a must draw at least.

Nerves a plenty.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 10:22 - Nov 26 with 8726 viewsOldjack

After last sat performance WB will be looking forward to this match .Keep Fer for the last twenty

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 14:03 - Nov 26 with 8583 viewsLeonWasGod

Wales Online saying there'll be a 3rd minute mark of respect being planned for big Kev - presumably it'll involve the obvious chant, although I'm not sure how Wily Gueret will feel about that.

Just letting people know in case the screens are lagging behind actual events, like on Sat.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:31]
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:14 - Nov 26 with 8527 viewsA_Fans_Dad

JH, thanks for another great Match day thread, they appear so regularly and so good that I think we are taking them and you for granted.
Please keep up the good work.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 17:12 - Nov 26 with 8491 viewsTenbySwan

1 stat sticks out a bit above.

Yellow cards.

Swansea 14
WBA 33

Don't wish to become a team of kickers but are we too nice?

It was noticeable on Saturday that Norwich did not think twice about hacking someone like Dan down when breaking.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 18:54 - Nov 26 with 8400 viewspencoedjack

Let’s have a performance like when we played them under Laudrup at home .... best I’ve ever seen the Swans play.

In fairness the football in the 1st 10 mins Saturday was exceptional shame it fell apart.

2 1 Swans
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 19:38 - Nov 26 with 8387 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 18:54 - Nov 26 by pencoedjack

Let’s have a performance like when we played them under Laudrup at home .... best I’ve ever seen the Swans play.

In fairness the football in the 1st 10 mins Saturday was exceptional shame it fell apart.

2 1 Swans

I'd love to know what the possession stats were for the 1st 10 minutes on Saturday Norwich couldn't get near us and their first goal was only the 3rd time they'd been in our half with the ball. Must have been over 80%. And before anyone pipes up, yes I fecking know possession doesn't win games and I wasn't suggesting that it did. I was just interested to know.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 8104 viewsjackrmee

This seems to be our mot difficult game so far, on paper.
Dwight Gayle and Jay Rodriguez up front with 9 goals each. Basically their full premier league first team, plus a few decent looking loan signings.
This is gonna be tough.

I'm backing Potter to pull out a masterclass though...
2-1

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 10:00 - Nov 27 with 8042 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 18:54 - Nov 26 by pencoedjack

2 1 Swans

Agreed. It's seems like the players know their good enough to 'piss over most, ' and that is leading to complacency. Channel the arrogance and we'll be ok.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:03 - Nov 27 with 7893 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 14:03 - Nov 26 by LeonWasGod

Wales Online saying there'll be a 3rd minute mark of respect being planned for big Kev - presumably it'll involve the obvious chant, although I'm not sure how Wily Gueret will feel about that.

Just letting people know in case the screens are lagging behind actual events, like on Sat.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:31]

It will be a 1 minute mark of respect on the 3rd minute of the game.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:39 - Nov 27 with 7874 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:03 - Nov 27 by alwaysblackandwhite

What happens if the Swans score during it though?
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 7831 viewsFireboy2

I do like the positivity of some of us

But the realist in me says another loss

WBA are a good team and will score at least 2

Trouble with us is we have a sh!tload of possession but little class to finish
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 27 with 7810 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:14 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

JH, thanks for another great Match day thread, they appear so regularly and so good that I think we are taking them and you for granted.
Please keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kind words.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 00:13 - Nov 28 with 7506 viewsjackrmee

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

I do like the positivity of some of us

But the realist in me says another loss

WBA are a good team and will score at least 2

Trouble with us is we have a sh!tload of possession but little class to finish

Bony brace

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 05:18 - Nov 28 with 7455 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 00:13 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

Bony brace

Yes - his knee Is due to pop at any time.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 07:15 - Nov 28 with 7418 viewsangryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 00:13 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

Bony brace

Bony is s# it end of
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 13:25 - Nov 28 with 7145 viewsjackharris

A few of you have made the Birmingham Mail...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-am-serious-swans

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 14:20 - Nov 28 with 7098 viewsGlyn1

Nice five-minute interview with Adrian Chiles

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chiles-soft-spot-swans

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 28 with 6945 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 15:03 - Nov 27 by alwaysblackandwhite

Yep, that's what I meant to say.
The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 18:10 - Nov 28 with 6765 viewslonglostjack

3-2 COYS !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread on 18:51 - Nov 28 with 6640 viewsstAteSwan

CCV, Rodon, and VDH all in the starting XI. Looks like a 3-5-2 that might become more of a 5 man back line when WBA is on the ball.

Mulder

---------Rodon------CCV---------VDH

Roberts-----------------------------------Olsson

Grimes-----------Celina---------------Fer

James----------McBurnie

Bench:
Nordfeldt
John
Naughton
McKay
Fulton
Montero