Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspension of Swansea University VC 20:45 - Nov 26 with 4888 viewsProfessor

Anyone have any idea what is behind this?
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:08 - Nov 26 with 4855 viewsdickythorpe

He can't be in the same league as Gerald Stockdale of Swansea Institute circa 1996 can he?
Money from overseas for foreign students to obtain good grades and places on courses? Plus out on the Lash with students.
Looks a quirky type.
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:13 - Nov 26 with 4840 viewsProfessor

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:08 - Nov 26 by dickythorpe

He can't be in the same league as Gerald Stockdale of Swansea Institute circa 1996 can he?
Money from overseas for foreign students to obtain good grades and places on courses? Plus out on the Lash with students.
Looks a quirky type.

What I heard, which is not much, is around bullying allegations
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:29 - Nov 26 with 4797 viewsdickythorpe

Gee, that "B " word gets an instant suspension these days regardless of any evidence.
The theory is you who are alleged are protected whilst being away from the workplace whilst an investigation is conducted.
A work colleague of mine was off work for 7 weeks after an allegation of bullying was made.
He was found not guilty and when he returned he was as fit as a fiddle as he'd been well rested and proactive with his time off.
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:46 - Nov 26 with 4764 viewsexhmrc1

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:13 - Nov 26 by Professor

What I heard, which is not much, is around bullying allegations

there has been previous problems with alleged bullying in the school of management so I suspect you are right
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:53 - Nov 26 with 4750 viewsdickythorpe

Belittling behaviour/ comments or "give us your dinner money or else" bullying?
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:05 - Nov 26 with 4728 viewsProfessor

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 21:53 - Nov 26 by dickythorpe

Belittling behaviour/ comments or "give us your dinner money or else" bullying?

Usually in the sector it is putting pressure on people- expecting 12 hour days, bringing in research/consultancy income and publishing research. A degree of this is institutional,
But often senior staff being very overbearing. Time will tell I guess
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:07 - Nov 26 with 4723 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s a coup.

Poll: Tory leader

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:17 - Nov 26 with 4689 viewsexhmrc1

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:05 - Nov 26 by Professor

Usually in the sector it is putting pressure on people- expecting 12 hour days, bringing in research/consultancy income and publishing research. A degree of this is institutional,

VC has already announced he is retiring next summer
Login to get fewer ads

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:47 - Nov 26 with 4647 viewsHighjack

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:05 - Nov 26 by Professor

Doing their job then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:50 - Nov 26 with 4645 viewsLeonWasGod

Senior Management very tight lipped, so nobody has an idea.
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 08:46 - Nov 27 with 4469 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Must be great getting suspended on full pay. No doubt there will be an inquiry which will last for years which everyone will forget before he leaves with a huge pay off and pension.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 09:56 - Nov 27 with 4414 viewsGreatBritton

Looks a quirky type.

Allegedly.

His successor was no angel.
Suspension of Swansea University VC on 10:03 - Nov 27 with 4400 viewstheloneranger

Looks a quirky type.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/institute-slated-for-overseas-courses-1286012

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 20:09 - Nov 29 with 4039 viewsexiledclaseboy

Suspension of Swansea University VC on 22:07 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

It’s a coup.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/nov/29/suspended-swansea-university-a

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024