Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May vs Corbyn TV debate 12:18 - Nov 27 with 7286 viewswestwalesed

She knows she won't get it through the Commons and in my view is laying the groundwork for a General Election campaign, same as this nationwide tour and "selling it to the country".

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:22 - Nov 27 with 4151 viewsDarran

Nobody would get it through the Commons.

Seriously though I ain’t no Tory I can’t stand the fuçking witch but I don’t get why so many people are blaming the çunt.
Who’s going to get a better deal? The only deal we’ll get is what Europe are prepared to give us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 4143 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:22 - Nov 27 by Darran

Seriously though I ain’t no Tory I can’t stand the fuçking witch but I don’t get why so many people are blaming the çunt.
Who’s going to get a better deal? The only deal we’ll get is what Europe are prepared to give us.

I couldn't agree more, nobody, but nobody would get a better deal because the EU have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to do so. Why do you think they are so bloody keen to ratify the thing? They know full well they will have us over a barrel. Signing a deal which we would have no way of exiting unilaterally is like taking a job and your boss has to agree to let you leave if you want to!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:52 - Nov 27 with 4116 viewssherpajacob

If there is a TV debate is should involve other party leaders as well, so that includes Arlene Foster.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:57 - Nov 27 with 4094 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:48 - Nov 27 with 4039 viewssherpajacob

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:57 - Nov 27 by trampie

- Dismissed idea of including other parties in any debate

The Precious union?

she doesn't give a toss about Wales, NI and Scotland now, when the economy tanks, itll be worse than under Thatcher.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:55 - Nov 27 with 4030 viewsWarwickHunt

Great spectacle - a remainer arguing to leave and a leaver arguing to stay.
May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:56 - Nov 27 with 4026 viewsWarwickHunt

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:52 - Nov 27 by sherpajacob

If there is a TV debate is should involve other party leaders as well, so that includes Arlene Foster.

Outnumbered. Massively.

Won't happen.
May vs Corbyn TV debate on 14:00 - Nov 27 with 4018 viewsDarran

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:27 - Nov 27 by westwalesed

I couldn't agree more, nobody, but nobody would get a better deal because the EU have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to do so. Why do you think they are so bloody keen to ratify the thing? They know full well they will have us over a barrel. Signing a deal which we would have no way of exiting unilaterally is like taking a job and your boss has to agree to let you leave if you want to!

Absolutely and Cameron is mia.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 4019 viewsBatterseajack

This debate needs to be TM verses an arch WTO terms leaver.
May vs Corbyn TV debate on 15:37 - Nov 27 with 3970 viewssotonswan

"laying the groundwork for a General Election campaign"
I think you are probably right. Even her own party don't know what she's up to. She's gone completely rogue.

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 15:46 - Nov 27 with 3958 viewsCatullus

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 14:00 - Nov 27 by Darran

Absolutely and Cameron is mia.

Totally agree with both of you. Yes she's hopeless, yes it's a sh/t situation but she didn't create it and she was left with it when Cameron ran away.

The tv debate is a waste of time. I reckon there's more chance the electorate would vote it through because we can see it's the only deal, even if we don't like the clause that could tie us in indefinitely.

I also reckon a second vote looks more likely and if Parliament turns it down May has two choices, a second referendum or a general election. Ref2 it is then.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 16:45 - Nov 27 with 3921 viewspikeypaul

Remain voter v remain voter

PMSL

She seems to have forgotten saying no deal is better than a bad deal on many occasions.

No way the house will pass it and she knows it.

122 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 18:32 - Nov 27 with 3855 viewslonglostjack

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 15:46 - Nov 27 by Catullus

Totally agree with both of you. Yes she's hopeless, yes it's a sh/t situation but she didn't create it and she was left with it when Cameron ran away.

The tv debate is a waste of time. I reckon there's more chance the electorate would vote it through because we can see it's the only deal, even if we don't like the clause that could tie us in indefinitely.

I also reckon a second vote looks more likely and if Parliament turns it down May has two choices, a second referendum or a general election. Ref2 it is then.

Or Norway Plus. Pikey would love it !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 3828 viewsPentyrchJack

What's the point of a televised public debate if she isn't putting the deal to a public vote? Personally I just want to be out.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:20 - Nov 27 with 3815 viewsexiledclaseboy

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 15:46 - Nov 27 by Catullus

I don’t agree that she didn’t create it. Ok, she didn’t call the referendum but she’s the one who took over as PM spouting inane “Brexit means Brexit” and “red, white and blue Brexit” platitudes. She’s the one who invoked Article 50 without having any kind of coherent strategy for what happens next. She’s the one who set unustainable amd unachievable “red lines” at the start of the negotiation process to appease the swivel eyed loons on the hard right of her party. She’s the one who called an unnecessary general election and then proceeded to oversee the worst campaign in modern history to blow a 20 point lead and an existing overall majority in the Commons.

About the only part of this mess she can’t be blamed for is the referendum itself. The hopeless position in which she now finds herself, however, is entirely of her own making.

Poll: Tory leader

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:58 - Nov 27 with 3792 viewswaynekerr55

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:22 - Nov 27 by Darran

Uncle Jez reckons he can. Seriously what fúcking idiots we have running the country

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:00 - Nov 27 with 3789 viewsHighjack

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:20 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t agree that she didn’t create it. Ok, she didn’t call the referendum but she’s the one who took over as PM spouting inane “Brexit means Brexit” and “red, white and blue Brexit” platitudes. She’s the one who invoked Article 50 without having any kind of coherent strategy for what happens next. She’s the one who set unustainable amd unachievable “red lines” at the start of the negotiation process to appease the swivel eyed loons on the hard right of her party. She’s the one who called an unnecessary general election and then proceeded to oversee the worst campaign in modern history to blow a 20 point lead and an existing overall majority in the Commons.

About the only part of this mess she can’t be blamed for is the referendum itself. The hopeless position in which she now finds herself, however, is entirely of her own making.

It’s not a hopeless position. She’s on the verge of achieving exactly what she’s been told to do, keep the U.K. in the EU at all costs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:04 - Nov 27 with 3769 viewsjack_lord

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:00 - Nov 27 by Highjack

It’s not a hopeless position. She’s on the verge of achieving exactly what she’s been told to do, keep the U.K. in the EU at all costs.

There's probably a very good reason for that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:05 - Nov 27 with 3768 viewsexiledclaseboy

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:00 - Nov 27 by Highjack

Yeah I keep telling you that’s bollocks but you can’t keep a good conspiracy theory down so you have at it.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:07 - Nov 27 with 3763 viewsjack_lord

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:05 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah I keep telling you that’s bollocks but you can’t keep a good conspiracy theory down so you have at it.

Andrew, what do you think the chances are that Britain will still be in the EU this time next year?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:13 - Nov 27 with 3750 viewsHighjack

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:05 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

It’s the only explanation based on observable evidence.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:15 - Nov 27 with 3747 viewsexiledclaseboy

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:07 - Nov 27 by jack_lord

Andrew, what do you think the chances are that Britain will still be in the EU this time next year?

Zero. Unless things move very quickly in the next few weeks. It’ll need a change in the law to stop the exit and those things don’t happen quickly especially when there’s no majority in Parliament for anything at the moment. It’s an absolute clusterf*ck. I still think the current deal will find its way through Parliament. Probably on the second attempt.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:19]

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:19 - Nov 27 with 3743 viewsexiledclaseboy

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:13 - Nov 27 by Highjack

It’s the only explanation based on observable evidence.

What observable evidence? That there was a referendum which resulted in a vote to leave? That the government them started that process and enshrined the time amd date of leaving in U.K. law? That two years have been spent negotiating that exit?

Yeah I can see how you got to that conclusion.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:49 - Nov 27 with 3718 viewsCatullus

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:20 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

Now I would argue Cameron created the mess by calling the referendum when there was no plan in place in case of a leave vote.
May had nothing to look to, nothing to fall back on, true she didn't help herself but then, who in the party helped her? They were all to busy fighting each other and arguing over the result.
It wasn't just the leavers she was trying to appease, it was the remainers too, she's had Hammond contradicting her at every opportunity, it can't have been easy.
I would say she almost ran the worst campaign in modern history because she still managed to beat Corbyn, he did slightly worse because any decent opposition campaign should have blown her completely away. That strong and stable BS she spouted, she became a parody of herself.

Without Cameron calling the referendum none of this mess would have happened. Indeed if Cameron had done a better job of negotiating his new deal he might even have put remain in a winning position. Instead he came back spouting platitudes and gave leave more ammo. Calling the referendum made all of this mess possible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 3700 viewsbuilthjack

She was in Builth today and didn't answer a single question, deflected every one of them.
180 police officers, a lot with guns, walking around the showground. How much did that cost the taxpayer ? In and out by hecilopter too.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 21:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024