Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May vs Corbyn TV debate 12:18 - Nov 27 with 7404 viewswestwalesed

She knows she won't get it through the Commons and in my view is laying the groundwork for a General Election campaign, same as this nationwide tour and "selling it to the country".

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:13 - Nov 27 with 1109 viewsexiledclaseboy

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:49 - Nov 27 by Catullus

Now I would argue Cameron created the mess by calling the referendum when there was no plan in place in case of a leave vote.
May had nothing to look to, nothing to fall back on, true she didn't help herself but then, who in the party helped her? They were all to busy fighting each other and arguing over the result.
It wasn't just the leavers she was trying to appease, it was the remainers too, she's had Hammond contradicting her at every opportunity, it can't have been easy.
I would say she almost ran the worst campaign in modern history because she still managed to beat Corbyn, he did slightly worse because any decent opposition campaign should have blown her completely away. That strong and stable BS she spouted, she became a parody of herself.

Without Cameron calling the referendum none of this mess would have happened. Indeed if Cameron had done a better job of negotiating his new deal he might even have put remain in a winning position. Instead he came back spouting platitudes and gave leave more ammo. Calling the referendum made all of this mess possible.

Well I disagree with about 70% of that for the entirely factual reasons I’ve already outlined but each to their own take on things I suppose.

Poll: Tory leader

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 1101 viewsCatullus

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:13 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

Well I disagree with about 70% of that for the entirely factual reasons I’ve already outlined but each to their own take on things I suppose.

Yeah I can agree to disagree but, last paragraph apart, my reasoning is factually based too.

If the Referendum hadn't been called none of this BS would be happening.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:38 - Nov 27 with 1075 viewsPentyrchJack

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:11 - Nov 27 by builthjack

She was in Builth today and didn't answer a single question, deflected every one of them.
180 police officers, a lot with guns, walking around the showground. How much did that cost the taxpayer ? In and out by hecilopter too.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 21:22]

Did she wear wellingtons?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:42 - Nov 27 with 1071 viewspikeypaul

I am fecking loving this circus more each passing day.

If the remoaners had accepted democracy (including May) once the result was declared we would not be in this posistion.

May lied about her intention on delivering the result before the GE and only won it since ex UKIP voters believed her.

She will be history very soon and she deserves it for her remoaner lies.

The people will not forget her betrayal for a long ,long time and the Tories will pay the price.

122 AFLI

SIUYRL
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 21:45]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:47 - Nov 27 with 1065 viewswaynekerr55

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:42 - Nov 27 by pikeypaul

If the remoaners had accepted democracy (including May) once the result was declared we would not be in this posistion.

May lied about her intention on delivering the result before the GE and only won it since ex UKIP voters believed her.

The people will not forget her betrayal for a long ,long time and the Tories will pay the price.

122 AFLI

SIUYRL

Did you say uncle Jez C was a remainer? Corbyn's many things but remain isn't his MO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:54 - Nov 27 with 1056 viewsDr_Winston

So you'll have May, a lifelong Remainer, arguing for leave (or whatever joking version of it she's cobbled together) and Corbyn, a lifelong Leaver, arguing for remain just because a big chunk of his electorate want to.

Can't wait.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:56 - Nov 27 with 1054 viewspikeypaul

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:47 - Nov 27 by waynekerr55

Did you say uncle Jez C was a remainer? Corbyn's many things but remain isn't his MO

If not he’s a liar sice he said he backed and voted remain.

You make your choice.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:58 - Nov 27 with 1049 viewslonglostjack

122 AFLI

SIUYRL

You're as bad as May Pikey. She said once that no deal was better than a bad deal. You seem to have completely forgotten the word no deal in your countdown. Bloody pair well met you two.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 9:46]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 22:21 - Nov 27 with 1011 viewsjack_lord

One of my former colleagues worked with May in the Home Office and she apparently saif that the British weren't stupid enough to vote to leave the EU. One of the other staff said she was overestimating the public.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 00:36 - Nov 28 with 981 viewsjackrmee

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:22 - Nov 27 by Darran

Nobody would get it through the Commons.

Seriously though I ain’t no Tory I can’t stand the fuçking witch but I don’t get why so many people are blaming the çunt.
Who’s going to get a better deal? The only deal we’ll get is what Europe are prepared to give us.

They are blaming her because the media are telling them to

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 09:03 - Nov 28 with 932 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 20:49 - Nov 27 by Catullus

Now I would argue Cameron created the mess by calling the referendum when there was no plan in place in case of a leave vote.
May had nothing to look to, nothing to fall back on, true she didn't help herself but then, who in the party helped her? They were all to busy fighting each other and arguing over the result.
It wasn't just the leavers she was trying to appease, it was the remainers too, she's had Hammond contradicting her at every opportunity, it can't have been easy.
I would say she almost ran the worst campaign in modern history because she still managed to beat Corbyn, he did slightly worse because any decent opposition campaign should have blown her completely away. That strong and stable BS she spouted, she became a parody of herself.

Without Cameron calling the referendum none of this mess would have happened. Indeed if Cameron had done a better job of negotiating his new deal he might even have put remain in a winning position. Instead he came back spouting platitudes and gave leave more ammo. Calling the referendum made all of this mess possible.

On Cameron calling the Referendum - I actually have some sympathy for him with this.

(Hear me out)

1) Had the EU not told him to go swivel when he tried to renegotiate the terms of our membership, we would not have had a Referendum at all. Had they listened to the legitimate concerns of many (just over half it seems) of the UK electorate, we would not have needed to Brexit at all.
2) He was attempting to settle the question once and for all. Had Remain won, we would be going headlong into a United States of Europe and if that's what the electorate wants it is what they want.
3) Yes, it was his policy to have an EU Referendum. But that was specifically Conservative Party policy at the 2015Election. They won that election with a majority. They were enacting their manifesto AND the House of Commons legislated for it by a majority of 6 to 1. So almost ALL MPs supported a referendum, not just Cameron.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 931 viewswestwalesed

122 AFLI

SIUYRL

Agreed the Conservative Party may well split over this - which I would welcome, I might have somewhere to go. As a Leave voter I have no party to get behind at the moment. If there was a moderate, Centre-right Leave party that would be me. I can't abide UKIP and their recent lurch to the far right with Tommy Robinson etc makes it impossible to get behind them. .

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 09:09 - Nov 28 with 927 viewsKilkennyjack

Tv debate.

Tezza vs Jezza.

Comrade Nicola says, i will represent Remain.
Turned down.

The logic applied is fantastic.

Scotland voted to remain, rubbish - its a uk wide vote.
Right then - shall we have Comrade Nicola in the debate, no its a uk wide debate and Nicola only represents Scotland.
Mind blown.
Cake and eat it ?

Beware of the Risen People

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 09:59 - Nov 28 with 901 viewsGreatBritton

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 19:20 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t agree that she didn’t create it. Ok, she didn’t call the referendum but she’s the one who took over as PM spouting inane “Brexit means Brexit” and “red, white and blue Brexit” platitudes. She’s the one who invoked Article 50 without having any kind of coherent strategy for what happens next. She’s the one who set unustainable amd unachievable “red lines” at the start of the negotiation process to appease the swivel eyed loons on the hard right of her party. She’s the one who called an unnecessary general election and then proceeded to oversee the worst campaign in modern history to blow a 20 point lead and an existing overall majority in the Commons.

About the only part of this mess she can’t be blamed for is the referendum itself. The hopeless position in which she now finds herself, however, is entirely of her own making.

Well said.
May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:05 - Nov 28 with 896 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

122 AFLI

SIUYRL

Indeed pixeypaul

They’ve betrayed the leave voters

Time for them to step aside and let labour deliver Brexit for the uk

Not for the EU

Going back to the original post of a tv debate , which she bottled in the GE

Corbyn will wipe the floor with her

Bring it on.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:06]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:19 - Nov 28 with 889 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:05 - Nov 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed pixeypaul

Not for the EU

Bring it on.

It'll be interesting because I still have no idea what Labour's position is.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 876 viewsJack_Meoff

So is Corbyn, and by extension his party, still a bunch of rabid anti semites then? Or do the demented pack of Pavlov's dogs only run in the direction of the bone that the media throw them on any given day?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 11:15 - Nov 28 with 864 viewsJackSomething

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 21:18 - Nov 27 by Catullus

Yeah I can agree to disagree but, last paragraph apart, my reasoning is factually based too.

If the Referendum hadn't been called none of this BS would be happening.

You can't give an opinion like 'any decent opposition campaign should have blown her completely away' and then say your reasoning is factually based.

You may be right, you may be wrong, but that observation is based on opinion, not fact. Going into that election, weren't the Conservatives overwhelming favourites to strengthen their majority?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:02 - Nov 28 with 845 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 11:15 - Nov 28 by JackSomething

You can't give an opinion like 'any decent opposition campaign should have blown her completely away' and then say your reasoning is factually based.

You may be right, you may be wrong, but that observation is based on opinion, not fact. Going into that election, weren't the Conservatives overwhelming favourites to strengthen their majority?

Overwhelming favourites and the Conservatives increased their vote share by 5.5% to over 42%.

But the vagaries of our FPTP system resulted in the Conservatives losing 13 seats and Labour gaining 30. Labour vote went up almost 10% - I think in the main because many left leaning people switched their vote to Corbyn to ensure that we didn't have a Conservative landslide.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:01 - Nov 28 with 815 viewsWarwickHunt

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:05 - Nov 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed pixeypaul

Not for the EU

Bring it on.

Aye - Jezza reckons he can get a better Brexit deal.

Either a liar or a fùcking moron. Probably both.
May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:15 - Nov 28 with 803 viewsLohengrin

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 10:19 - Nov 28 by westwalesed

It'll be interesting because I still have no idea what Labour's position is.

Corbyn was and remains a Euro-sceptic every bit as vehement as Rees Mogg. The noises emanating from Labour about accepting the debate challenge are largely coming from those who want rid of the hapless clown, those close to him surely know his appearance is a disaster in waiting.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:17 - Nov 28 with 800 viewsJackSomething

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:02 - Nov 28 by westwalesed

Overwhelming favourites and the Conservatives increased their vote share by 5.5% to over 42%.

But the vagaries of our FPTP system resulted in the Conservatives losing 13 seats and Labour gaining 30. Labour vote went up almost 10% - I think in the main because many left leaning people switched their vote to Corbyn to ensure that we didn't have a Conservative landslide.

You don't have to complain about FPTP to me, should have been scrapped years ago.

While I'm posting, I'd like to say I've enjoyed your posts in recent days on Brexit. My stance differs from yours, but you seem to have a considered view of the situation and make good points. Which is a far cry from the likes of Pikey, Jango and the unmissed DGT/Peneemunde.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 785 viewsJack_Meoff

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 12:02 - Nov 28 by westwalesed

I don't know about that ed. I think the Tories not actually having a manifesto and resorting to using vacuous sound bites like 'strong and stable' (absolute dictionary definition of irony in retrospect) and 'we're not Jeremy Corbyn' may have also been a factor in that regard. And then hoping the press would do the rest.

Tell a lie, I just remembered their Alzheimer 'home equity release' policy. That was probably the highlight, in retrospect. Lovely.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:33 - Nov 28 with 777 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:17 - Nov 28 by JackSomething

You don't have to complain about FPTP to me, should have been scrapped years ago.

While I'm posting, I'd like to say I've enjoyed your posts in recent days on Brexit. My stance differs from yours, but you seem to have a considered view of the situation and make good points. Which is a far cry from the likes of Pikey, Jango and the unmissed DGT/Peneemunde.

I'm actually a supporter of FPTP ( I think the link between a constituent and "their" MP is vitally important for accountability) and we had a Referendum on Voting reform some years ago under the Coalition. I'm not in favour of revisiting Referendum results as you can imagine. LOL.

Thanks for the compliment. I took my decision to vote Leave very, very seriously. I knew it would have serious ramifications for the country and that the (theoretical) benefits may not even affect my life but would (hopefully) affect the next generation down.

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:36 - Nov 28 with 773 viewswestwalesed

May vs Corbyn TV debate on 13:28 - Nov 28 by Jack_Meoff

I don't know about that ed. I think the Tories not actually having a manifesto and resorting to using vacuous sound bites like 'strong and stable' (absolute dictionary definition of irony in retrospect) and 'we're not Jeremy Corbyn' may have also been a factor in that regard. And then hoping the press would do the rest.

Tell a lie, I just remembered their Alzheimer 'home equity release' policy. That was probably the highlight, in retrospect. Lovely.

I agree it was a catastrophic campaign by the Conservative Party, but then as pointed out, their vote actually went UP not down. Bizarre isn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024