Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang your heads in shame 21:43 - Nov 28 with 4879 viewsSteensig

Horrible 2 games. Get on the field. Too much selv co ckyness, start playing football again, and more importantly. D E F E N D better
Hang your heads in shame on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 998 viewsvalleyboy

Hang your heads in shame on 23:25 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

They are not going to sell Roberts or James or any of the youngsters. Why would you think that? They are all signing new contracts ffs

Has it occurred to you that all three players have signed contract so that Swansea would get more money if they were transferred

If the right money came in for those players in the January transfer window, they will be gone
Hang your heads in shame on 23:31 - Nov 28 with 998 viewspembsjack

Hang your heads in shame on 23:25 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

They are not going to sell Roberts or James or any of the youngsters. Why would you think that? They are all signing new contracts ffs

contracts mean nothing, bumps up the price in january while giving the player and agent a nice little bit of extra cash.
If someone comes in with a decent bid theres now way we will turn it down. Profits, Profits Profits.
Hang your heads in shame on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 984 viewsvalleyboy

Hang your heads in shame on 23:25 - Nov 28 by DJack

"Who in their tight mind even thought he could do the same with Swansea straight away and with the players at his disposal"

You'd be surprised...

Was you one of them???
Hang your heads in shame on 23:46 - Nov 28 with 961 viewsjackrmee

Hang your heads in shame on 23:31 - Nov 28 by pembsjack

contracts mean nothing, bumps up the price in january while giving the player and agent a nice little bit of extra cash.
If someone comes in with a decent bid theres now way we will turn it down. Profits, Profits Profits.

Of course. That's always going to be the case with SCFC.
I do not believe there are any plans to sell though, and it will take some huge bids to sell the pups.
They are the future of how the club want to move forward. I can't believe you people can't see this.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Hang your heads in shame on 00:04 - Nov 29 with 930 viewsDJack

Hang your heads in shame on 23:38 - Nov 28 by valleyboy

Was you one of them???

No. As has been said my a few on this board, the Championship is a long hard season which can take it's toll on any squad. That said, all I'm after this season is to prep for next season within budgetary constraints whilst playing good football. The poor decision making of the last couple of seasons has had a marked effect upon us this season.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Hang your heads in shame on 00:34 - Nov 29 with 905 viewsvalleyboy

Hang your heads in shame on 23:46 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

Of course. That's always going to be the case with SCFC.
I do not believe there are any plans to sell though, and it will take some huge bids to sell the pups.
They are the future of how the club want to move forward. I can't believe you people can't see this.

Next season, Swansea will have £25 million less coming in from Sky

More cuts will have to be made than already has been done. Off and on the field

Don’t kid yourself. The Yanks will be looking to get as much money in to offset this reduction in parachute payments from Sky

If they don’t sell players, where do you think the money is going to come from to try to balance the books
Hang your heads in shame on 00:42 - Nov 29 with 895 viewsjasper_T

Hang your heads in shame on 00:34 - Nov 29 by valleyboy

Don’t kid yourself. The Yanks will be looking to get as much money in to offset this reduction in parachute payments from Sky

If they don’t sell players, where do you think the money is going to come from to try to balance the books

Optimistically perhaps we've cut more than we had to this season to make cuts next season less severe (as per the Americans "taking the hard medicine now" quote).

£10-15m in wages saved from out of contract players leaving at the end of the season (Bony the obvious big one). Plus the Ayews are coming back and maybe we'll get a fee for them this time? Cupboard's not bare for potential outgoings. The young players are on affordable Championship contracts once we've cleared out the old rubbish.
Hang your heads in shame on 05:32 - Nov 29 with 835 viewsjackrmee

Hang your heads in shame on 00:34 - Nov 29 by valleyboy

We sell the high earners obviously. We will be more sustainable in future.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Hang your heads in shame on 07:20 - Nov 29 with 788 viewsTailGunner

Hang your heads in shame on 22:19 - Nov 28 by angryjack

Potter would be a great manager with a good team trouble is he's been asked to do a job with youngsters and players from under 23s and players who last year were out on loan at league one clubs blame the board not Potter because can you imagine Paul Clement in charge this lot

Bang on the money
Hang your heads in shame on 07:42 - Nov 29 with 771 viewswaynekerr55

Hang your heads in shame on 00:42 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

Optimistically perhaps we've cut more than we had to this season to make cuts next season less severe (as per the Americans "taking the hard medicine now" quote).

£10-15m in wages saved from out of contract players leaving at the end of the season (Bony the obvious big one). Plus the Ayews are coming back and maybe we'll get a fee for them this time? Cupboard's not bare for potential outgoings. The young players are on affordable Championship contracts once we've cleared out the old rubbish.

That's assuming the demigod Jenkins doesn't offer them new contracts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Hang your heads in shame on 09:15 - Nov 29 with 720 viewsCatullus

Hang your heads in shame on 23:21 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

I thought Olsson was one of our better players tonight.
Running at people, setting Dan off a few times, hitting the byline, best crosser in the team, solid defensively tonight also.
Probably my man of the match tbh.

Do what now? He had several chances to set Dan off but delayed and the chance went. When he did get down the line, into crossing positions all too often his cross was poor, it went behind our players and came back at us quickly. That's when he got the cross in, a few times he passed inside and we ended up in what is becoming quite familiar, 3/4 players playing intricate football, getting too close together and losing the ball.
Celina looked dangerous, Dan James looked dangerous as did Montero later on but pretty football with no end result is becoming a pattern.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hang your heads in shame on 11:15 - Nov 29 with 665 views34dfgdf54

Hang your heads in shame on 23:21 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

I thought Olsson was one of our better players tonight.
Running at people, setting Dan off a few times, hitting the byline, best crosser in the team, solid defensively tonight also.
Probably my man of the match tbh.

If he's the best crosser in the team (which I don't think he is), then we are in trouble.

2 assists in the time he's been here.
Hang your heads in shame on 11:43 - Nov 29 with 647 views_

Hang your heads in shame on 09:15 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Do what now? He had several chances to set Dan off but delayed and the chance went. When he did get down the line, into crossing positions all too often his cross was poor, it went behind our players and came back at us quickly. That's when he got the cross in, a few times he passed inside and we ended up in what is becoming quite familiar, 3/4 players playing intricate football, getting too close together and losing the ball.
Celina looked dangerous, Dan James looked dangerous as did Montero later on but pretty football with no end result is becoming a pattern.

Rubbish.

I can remember one time when Dan was off down the wing and Olsson didn't play it, that was just before James went off and the ball wasn't really on anyway.

Defensively Olsson made 5 tackles (more than anyone on the pitch) 1 interception and 2 clearances.

Offensively he made 59 passes with 85% accuracy, 3 key passes, second only to Matty and 6 crosses with a third of them meeting a target, again second only to Matty who'd made 5 completing 2 (but some of them were free kicks or corners!!) and comparing that to Montero, who most would say played well made 6 crosses with none of them meeting a Swans player.

Olsson was very good last night. He's our left back. There should be no facking about with that position any more. It's as simple as that.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Hang your heads in shame on 12:03 - Nov 29 with 632 viewsvalleyboy

Hang your heads in shame on 00:42 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

So if the cuts have already been made as you say to compensate for the loss of the £25 million Sky money for next season

So Swansea should be making a profit for this season then, as none of the high earners are earning anywhere near the £25 million that will be lost

That’s besides in where the money is going to come from to buy players that Swansea deparatly need, as the Yanks will not put a cent in to buy players
Hang your heads in shame on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 613 viewsjasper_T

Hang your heads in shame on 12:03 - Nov 29 by valleyboy

So if the cuts have already been made as you say to compensate for the loss of the £25 million Sky money for next season

So Swansea should be making a profit for this season then, as none of the high earners are earning anywhere near the £25 million that will be lost

That’s besides in where the money is going to come from to buy players that Swansea deparatly need, as the Yanks will not put a cent in to buy players

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a small profit this season (which will set off certain sections of the fanbase, even if the club doesn't pay out dividends on it). Equally it could show a significant loss due to player amortisation. Football accounts are tricky.

Still waiting on last years accounts to see what the overall wage figure was then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024