Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang your heads in shame 21:43 - Nov 28 with 4855 viewsSteensig

Horrible 2 games. Get on the field. Too much selv co ckyness, start playing football again, and more importantly. D E F E N D better
Hang your heads in shame on 21:50 - Nov 28 with 3731 viewsicecoldjack

We do at times seem like a bunch of cocky big time Charlie's, but they have to have an el3ment of that.

The concern is that we don't seem able to learn from our horrific mistakes .

Our football is lovely but the nuts and bolts needed to do well in this league is awful, potter needs to sort it out sharpish or the confidence will drain out this team faster than a Dan James kick and chase !
Hang your heads in shame on 21:51 - Nov 28 with 3716 viewsdickythorpe

Serious time for Potter!!! We look worse now than we ever have done and still he tinkers!!!
Hang your heads in shame on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 3650 viewsicecoldjack

Hang your heads in shame on 21:51 - Nov 28 by dickythorpe

Serious time for Potter!!! We look worse now than we ever have done and still he tinkers!!!

Yep, because in every game against the so called better teams it's us that's given them the result not them out playing us, stupid errors week after week have a tint of players being unsure, I mentioned about Mulder on the weekend and many disagreed, but I honestly thibkvwe can't be confident and assured when players never know or grow their combinations.

We play some lovely football and we have plenty to build.on, potter has to start fixing some problems though, we know the young players will be up and down as they settle into the league but it's business time for potter now and he needs to be more consistent in selection IMO .
Hang your heads in shame on 22:00 - Nov 28 with 3583 viewsBillyChong

We play some nice football but that’s pointless when we don’t create chances from it.
Hang your heads in shame on 22:05 - Nov 28 with 3523 viewsicecoldjack

Hang your heads in shame on 22:00 - Nov 28 by BillyChong

We play some nice football but that’s pointless when we don’t create chances from it.

Yep, nuts and bolts of football, scoring and defending .

We struggle with both.
Hang your heads in shame on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 3336 viewsangryjack

Potter would be a great manager with a good team trouble is he's been asked to do a job with youngsters and players from under 23s and players who last year were out on loan at league one clubs blame the board not Potter because can you imagine Paul Clement in charge this lot
Hang your heads in shame on 22:24 - Nov 28 with 3293 viewsicecoldjack

Hang your heads in shame on 22:19 - Nov 28 by angryjack

Potter would be a great manager with a good team trouble is he's been asked to do a job with youngsters and players from under 23s and players who last year were out on loan at league one clubs blame the board not Potter because can you imagine Paul Clement in charge this lot

Also fair points.

We all see positives in our football under potter, it's not been an easy job aving to build a team from scratch, it's bloody annoying seeing us lose to teams who hardly deserve the victory though and are no better than us .
Hang your heads in shame on 22:25 - Nov 28 with 3276 viewsswan65split

ATM it looks like we are too predictable again.....all down the left, nothing else on offer, poor shooting/finishing.

Which way will the pendulum swing?
Login to get fewer ads

Hang your heads in shame on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 3212 viewsCatullus

Hang your heads in shame on 22:25 - Nov 28 by swan65split

ATM it looks like we are too predictable again.....all down the left, nothing else on offer, poor shooting/finishing.

Which way will the pendulum swing?

Poor passing too, far too slow in thought AND action, specially Olsson IMO. No wonder McBurnie gets so wound up, he's running his nuts off yet others are wandering around looking half asleep!
How many times did VdH bring the ball out, looking for a pass only to see nearly everyone playing statues!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hang your heads in shame on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 3099 viewscmajack

Absolutely woeful second half, did their keeper actually make a save in that half. Our summer recruitment has been woeful again. There is only celina playing regularly, asoro and mackay have been huge disappointments. Thank goodness some of our under 23s have stepped up to the mark but whether they last the season is debatable.
Hang your heads in shame on 22:43 - Nov 28 with 3085 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our quick counter attacking has completely disappeared. WTF has happened to the team that were running rings around everyone? Statuesque all over the pitch today .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hang your heads in shame on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 3036 viewslifelong

Hang your heads in shame on 22:31 - Nov 28 by Catullus

Poor passing too, far too slow in thought AND action, specially Olsson IMO. No wonder McBurnie gets so wound up, he's running his nuts off yet others are wandering around looking half asleep!
How many times did VdH bring the ball out, looking for a pass only to see nearly everyone playing statues!

I agree, much to slow from the back, there was a couple of occasions this evening when a quick break would have put West Brom on the back foot, instead we fanny about at the back passing sideways while in the meantime West Brom are back in numbers and we are going nowhere.... frustrating.
Hang your heads in shame on 22:53 - Nov 28 with 2976 viewsjasper_T

Hang your heads in shame on 22:43 - Nov 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Our quick counter attacking has completely disappeared. WTF has happened to the team that were running rings around everyone? Statuesque all over the pitch today .

Played on Saturday, then the same players come out on a cold Wednesday night. Another game at the weekend. Tired legs especially after the hour mark.

They sat off for most of the game. Can't think of many sustained attacking spells they had tbh. Hard to counter.
Hang your heads in shame on 22:56 - Nov 28 with 2942 viewsLeonWasGod

Yep, the movement through the spine of the team ahead of the CBs is poor. It puts pressure on the CBs and then we resort to hoofing. We need at least 1 decent midfielder who actually wants the ball and can use it. Which I suppose Potter is all too aware of as he was trying to get one.
Hang your heads in shame on 23:03 - Nov 28 with 2891 viewsItchySphincter

Hang your heads in shame on 21:50 - Nov 28 by icecoldjack

We do at times seem like a bunch of cocky big time Charlie's, but they have to have an el3ment of that.

The concern is that we don't seem able to learn from our horrific mistakes .

Our football is lovely but the nuts and bolts needed to do well in this league is awful, potter needs to sort it out sharpish or the confidence will drain out this team faster than a Dan James kick and chase !

It’s not lovely at all. It is ploddy, pedestrian and predictable. No one wants to criticise kids but Rodon has been poor for a few games, as has Roberts - Wales has killed him. Lacking invention and aggression. Poor show.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Hang your heads in shame on 23:07 - Nov 28 with 2863 viewsvalleyboy

Hang your heads in shame on 22:43 - Nov 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t suppose that the youngsters are not physically ready for the Championship

I read above that Potter should do something about it

What can he do when he hasnt enough players that can play Championship football week in week out

I didn’t think the Swans youngsters would last a full season, but surprised in how they have faded so early in the season

Oh for spending money wasted on signing Asoro and spent 25% of that money in getting Ryan Woods in from Brentford
Hang your heads in shame on 23:11 - Nov 28 with 2830 viewsLeonWasGod

Yep. In his programme notes Huwbert reckons WBA are like us, having to restructure after coming down.

Not quite Huwbert, not quite.
Hang your heads in shame on 23:15 - Nov 28 with 2791 viewsjackrmee

I don't think we look worse at all. We were the better side and played some lovely stuff in the first half and made a lot of good chances.

Our defending needs work and we can't be conceding awful goals like this every week. But that's something they can work on.

I don't think Potter's tactics are wrong. He just needs to help them shore up that defence.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Hang your heads in shame on 23:16 - Nov 28 with 2771 viewsjackrmee

Hang your heads in shame on 22:00 - Nov 28 by BillyChong

We created loads of chances. Especially in the first half mun

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Hang your heads in shame on 23:19 - Nov 28 with 2760 viewsvalleyboy

Couldn’t disagree with a word of what you have written

Hit the nail right on the head

Potter in his last post, started from a lower base and built up a decent side

Who in their tight mind even thought he could do the same with Swansea straight away and with the players at his disposal
Hang your heads in shame on 23:19 - Nov 28 with 2756 viewsjackrmee

This is Potter's bread n butter.
He works with young players and betters them. We have a good team and he will get better. Simple as that.

Hang your heads in shame on 23:19 - Nov 28 with 2756 viewspembsjack

The championship is a tough league full of seasoned professionals who know how to win, we haven't.
Playing nice neat football in your own half won't without creating decent chances won't win you games in this league.
We have some good youngsters with potential but they are too easily found out at this moment in time.
We are mid table at best, I do worry what happens if we decide to sell players such as james, roberts, in january and replace them with cheap even more inexperienced players. Overreaction, maybe but we could find ourselves in a relegation battle after the busy xmas schedule
Hang your heads in shame on 23:21 - Nov 28 with 2737 viewsjackrmee

I thought Olsson was one of our better players tonight.
Running at people, setting Dan off a few times, hitting the byline, best crosser in the team, solid defensively tonight also.
Probably my man of the match tbh.

Hang your heads in shame on 23:25 - Nov 28 with 2716 viewsjackrmee

Hang your heads in shame on 23:19 - Nov 28 by pembsjack

The championship is a tough league full of seasoned professionals who know how to win, we haven't.
Playing nice neat football in your own half won't without creating decent chances won't win you games in this league.
We have some good youngsters with potential but they are too easily found out at this moment in time.
We are mid table at best, I do worry what happens if we decide to sell players such as james, roberts, in january and replace them with cheap even more inexperienced players. Overreaction, maybe but we could find ourselves in a relegation battle after the busy xmas schedule

They are not going to sell Roberts or James or any of the youngsters. Why would you think that? They are all signing new contracts ffs

Hang your heads in shame on 23:25 - Nov 28 with 2708 viewsDJack

Hang your heads in shame on 23:19 - Nov 28 by valleyboy

Couldn’t disagree with a word of what you have written

Hit the nail right on the head

Potter in his last post, started from a lower base and built up a decent side

Who in their tight mind even thought he could do the same with Swansea straight away and with the players at his disposal

"Who in their tight mind even thought he could do the same with Swansea straight away and with the players at his disposal"

You'd be surprised...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024