Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter earn your money!!! 21:56 - Nov 28 with 3839 viewsdickythorpe

Honeymoon is over pal. All the nicey, nicey comments are over!! Start working this team please!!!
No set piece goals but plenty conceded.

We are looking pretty mediocre.
Potter earn your money!!! on 21:59 - Nov 28 with 2753 viewsthornabyswan

9 points clear of the bottom 3 which is some comfort.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:02 - Nov 28 with 2702 viewsTenbySwan

Potter earn your money!!! on 21:59 - Nov 28 by thornabyswan

9 points clear of the bottom 3 which is some comfort.

Really???
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 2664 viewsicecoldjack

Fair comments but I think he has done some good work too, no doubt it's been hard modelling a team from the summer clear out, I thibkbhe needs to start fixing problems pretty damm quick but I can't help but think the daft errors our players are making is not 100% potter .

I thinkbtinkering and mixing selections is hindering the build of combinations within the team and that's stunting our football and communication between players. Potter needs to be more consistent in selection and let some things grow organically IMO.

Still fancy us to win at Derby, just feel we are better away from home this season, no pressure on the young players then.

Keep the faith I say.
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 2653 viewsthornabyswan

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:02 - Nov 28 by TenbySwan

Really???

It is to me yes as I was not expecting much from this season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 2497 viewsicecoldjack

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:04 - Nov 28 by thornabyswan

It is to me yes as I was not expecting much from this season.

I think most of us were happy with staying up, then being mid table, then a potential play off place !

I think reality is sinking in a bit but at the same time I've honestly yet to see a team that has impressed me or a team that has totally out played us, Birmingham away is the exception.

The amount of stupid mistakes and crap set piece defending and woeful blunders week after week is the only thing stopping us from being right in the promotion mix, the only question is that we must hope it's just teething problems not terminal with pressure and confidence eroding away.

It's a strange division and I think we can't view it like the prem league, we could lose the next 6 games and still win the league ! I think its important to keep some perspective even though it's frustrating as fook at the moment .
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 2482 views3swan

Sent this text after Saturday's game

"Not expecting much this season but do want to see progress. At the moment we don’t seem to be eliminating the same faults and mistakes. Need a more positive attitude not just ‘fancy’ sterile play"

Maybe I should just copy and paste after tonight's
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 2434 viewssainthelens

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:19 - Nov 28 by icecoldjack

I think most of us were happy with staying up, then being mid table, then a potential play off place !

I think reality is sinking in a bit but at the same time I've honestly yet to see a team that has impressed me or a team that has totally out played us, Birmingham away is the exception.

The amount of stupid mistakes and crap set piece defending and woeful blunders week after week is the only thing stopping us from being right in the promotion mix, the only question is that we must hope it's just teething problems not terminal with pressure and confidence eroding away.

It's a strange division and I think we can't view it like the prem league, we could lose the next 6 games and still win the league ! I think its important to keep some perspective even though it's frustrating as fook at the moment .

" we could lose next 6 games and still win the league!"
Jesus wept pal.
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 2386 viewsicecoldjack

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:23 - Nov 28 by sainthelens

" we could lose next 6 games and still win the league!"
Jesus wept pal.

Obviously said tongue in cheek but never mind.

Didnt Cardiff go up from a worse position last year ?

Not that I expect us to do that, just that this league is a real rollacoaster .
Login to get fewer ads

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:37 - Nov 28 with 2307 viewssainthelens

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:28 - Nov 28 by icecoldjack

I'm the eternal optimist buddy, but after what I've seen last 2 games, perhaps it's best we stay put this year.
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:40 - Nov 28 with 2252 viewsbyron

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:28 - Nov 28 by icecoldjack

No we didn’t. Think your nailed in for about 12th spot

Benny

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2212 viewsoldcob

We play the ball around at the back as if we were two goals up, even when we are playing catch up. If they varied it it may have some surprise value, but when its every time its going to worry no-one. Hence slow build up, the opposition have plenty of time to pack their mid-field and defence. It's like swimming through treacle sometimes.
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:47 - Nov 28 with 2186 viewsJonTheJack

That was pathetic. From top to bottom.

Baffling substitutions from him again.
Potter earn your money!!! on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 2168 viewsFireboy2

I think hes doing quite well with the players at his disposal

Hes tinkering because we have a small weak squad and 46 games to play with games coming thick and fast
Potter earn your money!!! on 23:58 - Nov 28 with 1993 viewsjackrmee

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:37 - Nov 28 by sainthelens

I'm the eternal optimist buddy, but after what I've seen last 2 games, perhaps it's best we stay put this year.

Exactly. I don't see what all the rush is about. We don't need to go up this year.
I agree Potter has some work to do and the players have some learning to do, but I don't agree with all this "sharpish", "now", malarkey.
We aren't going up this year, I've said from the start, but we will be better for it.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter earn your money!!! on 08:08 - Nov 29 with 1747 views34dfgdf54

Potter earn your money!!! on 23:58 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

Exactly. I don't see what all the rush is about. We don't need to go up this year.
I agree Potter has some work to do and the players have some learning to do, but I don't agree with all this "sharpish", "now", malarkey.
We aren't going up this year, I've said from the start, but we will be better for it.

Agreed.

The amount of fans stropping because we aren't competing for top 2 places is staggering. We are a young side going through a tough patch. It happens.
Potter earn your money!!! on 08:11 - Nov 29 with 1728 viewsLoyal

Potter has more than earned his money by putting together what he has, to think otherwise is plain daft.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter earn your money!!! on 09:43 - Nov 29 with 1635 viewsdickythorpe

I hear what some are saying but the billy basics of the game seem lacking. First touch control, crossing, defending seem to be very sub standard again this year.

I'm not expecting miracles but I expected.more.controlled performances from guys who are earning extremely good money and have access to brilliant facilities and any number of coaches.
Potter earn your money!!! on 09:52 - Nov 29 with 1604 viewstrinityann

Potter is doing a good job under the circumstances. Try and ship out a few more deadwood in January and give him sum funds to continue the rebuild. A proper defensive midfielder would be my priority target.
Potter earn your money!!! on 09:58 - Nov 29 with 1583 viewssainthelens

Potter earn your money!!! on 09:43 - Nov 29 by dickythorpe

I hear what some are saying but the billy basics of the game seem lacking. First touch control, crossing, defending seem to be very sub standard again this year.

I'm not expecting miracles but I expected.more.controlled performances from guys who are earning extremely good money and have access to brilliant facilities and any number of coaches.

Players and teams can go through bad patches. We are and have found our level as to where and how we stand right now. It seems like a lot of supporters have had their inner ego pricked by the fact we arnt pissn this league.
Like most I feel we are 3 players away from doing so. Time to accept we won't get them and accept a season of consolidation .
Potter earn your money!!! on 10:33 - Nov 29 with 1524 viewsYossarian

Fair points. I know many think we have serious problems at the back and up top but I reckon midfield is where most of our problems are. There is a basic lack of fitness, pace, bite and motivation there. In fairness to Celina, he works hard on the press and will track back but we haven’t got a ball winner, we haven’t got a player who can motor box to box and support Ollie, our Lone-Ranger, and we haven’t got someone who demands the ball, makes time to get their head up and play people in. In terms of the players we have, I think Potter has got to stop tinkering and be brave enough to drop Fer,and play Grimes there on an extended run. I’d pair him with Fulton and have Dan on the left and Naughton or Connor on the right alternating between RB and RM. I’d have Dyer on the bench as cover rather than Mackay who strikes me as too lightweight and lazy. At least with this combination I think we’d give the back four a bit more protection and allow whoever plays 10 to get closer to Ollie.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Potter earn your money!!! on 11:06 - Nov 29 with 1490 views34dfgdf54

Potter earn your money!!! on 10:33 - Nov 29 by Yossarian

Fair points. I know many think we have serious problems at the back and up top but I reckon midfield is where most of our problems are. There is a basic lack of fitness, pace, bite and motivation there. In fairness to Celina, he works hard on the press and will track back but we haven’t got a ball winner, we haven’t got a player who can motor box to box and support Ollie, our Lone-Ranger, and we haven’t got someone who demands the ball, makes time to get their head up and play people in. In terms of the players we have, I think Potter has got to stop tinkering and be brave enough to drop Fer,and play Grimes there on an extended run. I’d pair him with Fulton and have Dan on the left and Naughton or Connor on the right alternating between RB and RM. I’d have Dyer on the bench as cover rather than Mackay who strikes me as too lightweight and lazy. At least with this combination I think we’d give the back four a bit more protection and allow whoever plays 10 to get closer to Ollie.

Midfield is absolutely where the problem lies.

Fer has been the biggest dissapointed for me.
Potter earn your money!!! on 12:26 - Nov 29 with 1447 viewsvalleyboy

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:19 - Nov 28 by icecoldjack

Yes you are right that at least most posters on here where happy that the Swans stayed up

Then after a few wins the deluded posters were talking about ending up in the play-offs

Now we have some posters having a go at Potter that he should be doing more with the squad

The reality is that if Potter was playing poker and saw the hand he was dealt, he would have decked his hand as soon as he had seen it

Potter has got an impossible job and can only do the best he can with the players he has

Don’t blame Potter, but blame the person that has got Swansea into this mess

BTW:- Only Birmingham that has impressed you and outplayed the Swans

You wasn’t there on Saturday then, as Norwich was the best footballing side I have seen in the Championship all season and left the Swans just chasing shadows
Potter earn your money!!! on 12:45 - Nov 29 with 1420 viewsjasper_T

Playoffs are still a realistic target, as they are for 2/3 of the league before the halfway stage.

The highest scorers in the league only created one worthwhile chance from open play against us.

Sign a set piece coach in January and it's all to play for.
Potter earn your money!!! on 13:26 - Nov 29 with 1366 views_

Potter earn your money!!! on 12:45 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

Playoffs are still a realistic target, as they are for 2/3 of the league before the halfway stage.

The highest scorers in the league only created one worthwhile chance from open play against us.

Sign a set piece coach in January and it's all to play for.

I'll be amazed we're not in with a shout of the play offs at least by the end of the season

We've played two of the top 3 in 3 days. We're rightly using constructive criticism but let's point that obvious fact out as well. We won't play the quality we've played these last few days very often.

And I have to laugh, some posters are laughing at others for saying Brum were the only team that battered us when I know for a fact he doesn't watch the Swans. It's on in the background but he's too busy writing absolutely drivel on his iPad or playing Solitaire.

Don't be fooled by a wind up merchant. Ignore.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter earn your money!!! on 13:36 - Nov 29 with 1349 viewsBillyChong

Potter earn your money!!! on 22:44 - Nov 28 by oldcob

We play the ball around at the back as if we were two goals up, even when we are playing catch up. If they varied it it may have some surprise value, but when its every time its going to worry no-one. Hence slow build up, the opposition have plenty of time to pack their mid-field and defence. It's like swimming through treacle sometimes.

Spot on, too slow across the park. When Grimes mixed it up last night and went direct we caused them a problem and scored. Celina should be doing that more often.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024