Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question... 08:37 - Nov 29 with 1514 viewsItchySphincter

Does anyone here in their right mind think that we were better than West Brom last night?

Yes or no.

If all you’ve got are glib comments about us not being in the top two don’t bother.

Yes or no.

Bear in mind that WBA didn’t break sweat.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 8:38]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Serious question... on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 1195 viewsYossarian

They were streetwise and mentally tough. We are neither of those things. The kids will make mistakes and their heads will go down, that is understandable. What this team needs is older heads who lead. We haven’t got them. Fer is off the pace and a luxury player. VDH should be holding that back 4 together and he doesn’t appear to be leading and inspiring confidence. We look pretty shaky and clueless on times, as if the players are uncomfortable doing what Potter and his staff want them to do. It seems like there’s a lot of work needed on the training ground, but chopping and changing players and systems may be one part of the problem. It seems every player can’t string more than a couple of good performances together and that is a worry.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Serious question... on 08:46 - Nov 29 with 1192 viewsbuilthjack

We need better penetration at the top end of the field. Wingers to put better balls in, Oli to get in position, which he rarely does.
Do that and we will turn these games into wins.
Fine lines, but if we don't start doing that we will slowly tumble.
Bottom line is, we need 3 or 4 better players in if we want a shout at promotion.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Serious question... on 08:53 - Nov 29 with 1165 viewsMrSwerve

We’re in an awkward position as a team at the moment. So many young players put together properly for the first time this year, so I guess I can see why there is some positivity about performances even after defeats.
I do feel though that there are too many comments after losses saying that we should have smashed them, we played them off the park but we were unlucky, etc etc. Some are burying their heads in the sand regarding the position we are in.

I don’t doubt that Potter is the man for us, in fact I think we have a brilliant manager on our hands. He is doing the best with the tools at his disposal. The comments that ‘we should be top 2 or 3 easily’ are laughable though. There are many good teams in this league compared to us. A mid to lower table finish is entirely realistic, and I’m staggered by comments that we should easily be pushing for automatic promotion.

We have a promising squad, but as of right now, we aren’t anything special in this league.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Serious question... on 09:10 - Nov 29 with 1115 viewsItchySphincter

Promotion is the last thing we need at the moment but as it happens we’re miles off the pace of this league anyway. We’re starting to look scared and Clementesque.

Time for the coaching staff to step up and earn their corn.

Serious question... on 09:15 - Nov 29 with 1091 viewslifelong

Serious question... on 08:53 - Nov 29 by MrSwerve

We’re in an awkward position as a team at the moment. So many young players put together properly for the first time this year, so I guess I can see why there is some positivity about performances even after defeats.
I do feel though that there are too many comments after losses saying that we should have smashed them, we played them off the park but we were unlucky, etc etc. Some are burying their heads in the sand regarding the position we are in.

I don’t doubt that Potter is the man for us, in fact I think we have a brilliant manager on our hands. He is doing the best with the tools at his disposal. The comments that ‘we should be top 2 or 3 easily’ are laughable though. There are many good teams in this league compared to us. A mid to lower table finish is entirely realistic, and I’m staggered by comments that we should easily be pushing for automatic promotion.

We have a promising squad, but as of right now, we aren’t anything special in this league.

We are playing some good football, but the 6 goals we have given away in the last 2 games have been so frustrating to watch.
Serious question... on 09:18 - Nov 29 with 1079 viewsTailGunner

Better footballing side - Swansea
Better players & squad - WBA by miles

We have very little threat due to lack of quality & composure up front - due to our decimated squad.

We are no threat at set piece in either box.

Should have been 2-3 up at HT forcing WBA to be open in search of goals.
Our Early Xmas presents meant the game was over as soon as they went 2-1 up - sitting with basically banks of 5 compact & cutting off all space / meaning we resorted to hopeful VDH punts more often than not..
When James / Jeff did beat his man unfortunately the delivery wasn't up to it.
Serious question... on 09:18 - Nov 29 with 1076 viewsswancity

Looked more like relegation candidates than a team with promotion aspirations
Lacked quality. And too many players not good enough technically or comfortable enough in possession to be receiving balls in tight deep areas of the pitch.
This is what happens when a club isn’t run well for three years plus. Things deteriorate. Our best players have gone.
It’s sad to see the demise. The Championship might well be s highly competitive League but it’s not the greatest quality is it.
To answer the original question West Brom were a better side and certainly stronger physically. It’s also debatable whether our two keepers are up to it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Serious question... on 09:21 - Nov 29 with 1065 views3swan

Agree with the posts so far.

We are what we are. A basically young/inexperienced team that haven't had the time to develop due to being thrown together at the start of the season. The perfect world would have allowed us to blood youngsters along more experienced players and given a run of games and a rest.
Imo the problem we have is that resting any player tends to lead to yet another inexperienced player taking his place. The initial playing without fear of the youngsters is now catching up with the reality of the slog this division is, and tiredness both mentally and physically is affecting performances.
I'm sure that each of the team would improve under the right circumstances but at the moment that luxury isn't available.
Even in games where we have 'played teams off the park' very few clear cut chances have been created. Our goals for is around 4th worse in the league but our goals against 3rd best.
Hard to tell which way the rest of the season will go, but I'd guess mid table is our true position.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious question... on 09:24 - Nov 29 with 1054 viewsswan65split

A mixture, of whats been said in other posts, we lack that urgency and drive in MF , finishing after those attacking runs and no alternative options.
Cant blame the players, or Potter.........we are what we are!
Serious question... on 09:27 - Nov 29 with 1039 viewsCatullus

Serious question... on 08:45 - Nov 29 by Yossarian

They were streetwise and mentally tough. We are neither of those things. The kids will make mistakes and their heads will go down, that is understandable. What this team needs is older heads who lead. We haven’t got them. Fer is off the pace and a luxury player. VDH should be holding that back 4 together and he doesn’t appear to be leading and inspiring confidence. We look pretty shaky and clueless on times, as if the players are uncomfortable doing what Potter and his staff want them to do. It seems like there’s a lot of work needed on the training ground, but chopping and changing players and systems may be one part of the problem. It seems every player can’t string more than a couple of good performances together and that is a worry.

Got to agree. Too many changes, too much tinkering and not enough mental toughness. Interesting what you say about Fer, after the Norwich game a Canary was on here slating Fer, saying he hoped we were lucky and got rid of him off our wage bill, basically called him a blatant waste of space. He started the seaason well but maybe he flattered to deceive?

We played some pretty football but when it mattered we were naive, clueless even. I think we see so many changes partly because we have so many young, inexperienced players and Potter is trying to keep them fresh. We are 2/3 or 4 players short of a decent first team squad. We needed a midfield dog, someone who woudn't get pushed around and another striker. Have we got time to wait for Wilf to get properly fit and find form?

It's not that I thought or expected a promotion push, it started off much better than I expected to be fair. Recently however our shortcomings have been discovered and exposed. We are weak at set pieces, lack the killer instinct up front and have lost our energy, the zip has gone.
The kids need help and I'm not expecting it to come so we are going to slide down the table, lower middle for us now, I believe. Which is still ok considering what plenty of us expected, just worse than what we had come to hope for after our decent start.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Serious question... on 10:08 - Nov 29 with 905 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Serious question... on 08:45 - Nov 29 by Yossarian

Spot on the squad is not strong enough, it needs some battle hardened Championship experienced players, the balance is wrong.
Serious question... on 10:09 - Nov 29 with 898 viewsswancity

And whilst it's clear that there aren't enough leaders on the pitch, any idea what Fer has done to justify the Captaincy?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Serious question... on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 896 views34dfgdf54

We matched them yesterday. All that sh*t they didn't break sweat is a load of b*llocks.

Will they finish higher than us? Yes.
Have they got better, more experienced players? Yes.

Last night:
57% possession
8 more shots
1 more on target
4 more corners
blatant pen turned down for handball

"They didn't try", thick as f*ck.
Serious question... on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 893 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Agreed
Serious question... on 10:47 - Nov 29 with 830 viewsdcd14

Yes.

We conceded 2 avoidable goals. Keeper I felt was poor for both.

Dan James could have scored 2 inside the first half hour but he needs to work on his finishing.

Final ball was lacking everytime.

Ref offers no protection, Dan James kicked from pillar to post and yet from memory I don't remember him booking any of their players.

We were the better side.
Serious question... on 11:07 - Nov 29 with 781 viewstheloneranger

Potter and his team should put a video together about Pablo at Leeds, and show our wide players what wing play is all about.

Pablo is an artist in positioning, delivery and finishing.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Serious question... on 11:14 - Nov 29 with 757 viewsHighjack

Defend stronger at two set pieces and it would have been a comfortable win.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Serious question... on 11:37 - Nov 29 with 723 viewsploppy

I agree with a lot of what's been said, but don't forget WBA also hit the post so it could have been worse. Dan James, unfortunately, looks like he's learned his finishing from Routledge.
Serious question... on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 708 viewsHighjack

Serious question... on 11:37 - Nov 29 by ploppy

I agree with a lot of what's been said, but don't forget WBA also hit the post so it could have been worse. Dan James, unfortunately, looks like he's learned his finishing from Routledge.

That as their only real chance apart from their set piece goals. For a team that has been pretty free scoring they didn’t threaten much at all. Of course being in the lead they didn’t have to so much. Norwich looked much sharper going forward.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Serious question... on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 693 views34dfgdf54

Serious question... on 11:46 - Nov 29 by Highjack

That as their only real chance apart from their set piece goals. For a team that has been pretty free scoring they didn’t threaten much at all. Of course being in the lead they didn’t have to so much. Norwich looked much sharper going forward.

They've scored more goals in the second half of games than we have in total. They are a top side at this level and will be there or thereabouts for top 2.

We were more than a match for them yesterday though, as you say, we capitulated at the two set pieces and that was all she wrote, you can't defend like that at any level.
Serious question... on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 690 viewsjack247

We gave two simple goals away, as we did on Saturday. That allowed West Brom to just tighten up and invite us to try to break them down, which we didn’t really look like doing.

If I’m honest, I think both West Brom and Norwich played within themselves because we gave them the platform to just hold us at arms length. We were the better team in both games at 0-0. We may get away with that against the Boltons and the Blackburns. The streetwise teams are going to shut us down if we make it that easy.
Serious question... on 12:02 - Nov 29 with 681 viewsItchySphincter

Serious question... on 10:10 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

We matched them yesterday. All that sh*t they didn't break sweat is a load of b*llocks.

Will they finish higher than us? Yes.
Have they got better, more experienced players? Yes.

Last night:
57% possession
8 more shots
1 more on target
4 more corners
blatant pen turned down for handball

"They didn't try", thick as f*ck.

You said we were the better team, hence this debate.

Thick as fuk....

.... and PS, if you want to follow me around there’s a PM function in the top right hand corner.

Serious question... on 12:03 - Nov 29 with 676 views34dfgdf54

Serious question... on 12:02 - Nov 29 by ItchySphincter

You said we were the better team, hence this debate.

Thick as fuk....

.... and PS, if you want to follow me around there’s a PM function in the top right hand corner.

Serious question... on 12:06 - Nov 29 with 669 viewsItchySphincter

Serious question... on 11:58 - Nov 29 by jack247

We gave two simple goals away, as we did on Saturday. That allowed West Brom to just tighten up and invite us to try to break them down, which we didn’t really look like doing.

If I’m honest, I think both West Brom and Norwich played within themselves because we gave them the platform to just hold us at arms length. We were the better team in both games at 0-0. We may get away with that against the Boltons and the Blackburns. The streetwise teams are going to shut us down if we make it that easy.

So we made it easy for them?

But we were the better side?

Fuk me.

Serious question... on 12:07 - Nov 29 with 666 viewsItchySphincter

Serious question... on 12:03 - Nov 29 by 34dfgdf54

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024