Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The great implant scandal 13:23 - Nov 29 with 1740 viewsCatullus

Panorama - The great implant scandal.....American made medical devices are brought to Europe to be launched because EU rules are more lax than American rules and guess what, people are dying because they have faulty devices in them.
Professor Heneghan, http://www.ox.ac.uk/news-and-events/find-an-expert/professor-carl-heneghan and Professor Derek Alderson https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/about-the-rcs/college-governance/rcs-president/ had some very harsh things to say.
To be fair, the UK government are hardly guolt free in this either, another example of how all politicians are schitt.

In what I consider to be damning and alarming information....well look up John Wilkinson and what he used to do because now he's head of the MHRA. Or just watch the program, it's shocking.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The great implant scandal on 13:32 - Nov 29 with 1730 viewsDarran

I watched this the other night and just about every story was staggering.
The one that was incredible was the woman with the pacemaker though,a company design a new type of pacemaker which goes inside the heart and is meant to last for life. It doesn’t get a licence in America but gets one her. They put it inside the woman’s heart and it fails and now there no way to remove it and has to stay inside her heart for the rest of her life.

The guy they put up to talk for John Wilkinson was a right slimey prick too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The great implant scandal on 14:06 - Nov 29 with 1714 viewsCatullus

The great implant scandal on 13:32 - Nov 29 by Darran

I watched this the other night and just about every story was staggering.
The one that was incredible was the woman with the pacemaker though,a company design a new type of pacemaker which goes inside the heart and is meant to last for life. It doesn’t get a licence in America but gets one her. They put it inside the woman’s heart and it fails and now there no way to remove it and has to stay inside her heart for the rest of her life.

The guy they put up to talk for John Wilkinson was a right slimey prick too.

I'm on a priority list for a hip replacement, it doesn't fill me with confidence. To be honest, after doing some research it'd be fair to say I'm worried!! I think I'd rather live with the pain and use a stick than go through it.

This program just added to my doubts. The American influence on our health service is already taking a toll.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The great implant scandal on 15:21 - Nov 29 with 1675 viewscontroversial_jack

The great implant scandal on 14:06 - Nov 29 by Catullus

I'm on a priority list for a hip replacement, it doesn't fill me with confidence. To be honest, after doing some research it'd be fair to say I'm worried!! I think I'd rather live with the pain and use a stick than go through it.

This program just added to my doubts. The American influence on our health service is already taking a toll.

British regs are more relaxed not EU ones. If you think American influence in our health service is strong wait until after Brexit.
The great implant scandal on 15:55 - Nov 29 with 1661 viewsCatullus

The great implant scandal on 15:21 - Nov 29 by controversial_jack

British regs are more relaxed not EU ones. If you think American influence in our health service is strong wait until after Brexit.

Your wrong. The program clearly stated that American firms come to Europe to launch products because EU rules aren't as tight as American rules. The UK complies with EU rules on thse things, other countries (like Germany) have tighter rules again.
Where you are right is that the UK could have tighter rules but as we already know our government loves following an EU rule when it doesn't have to and then blaming the EU for any problems.
Maybe you should watch the program, it's horrifying.

The great implant scandal on 19:07 - Nov 29 with 1619 viewscontroversial_jack

The great implant scandal on 15:55 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Your wrong. The program clearly stated that American firms come to Europe to launch products because EU rules aren't as tight as American rules. The UK complies with EU rules on thse things, other countries (like Germany) have tighter rules again.
Where you are right is that the UK could have tighter rules but as we already know our government loves following an EU rule when it doesn't have to and then blaming the EU for any problems.

Didn't they also state that
The great implant scandal on 19:09 - Nov 29 with 1619 viewscontroversial_jack

Didn't they also state that Germany has refused to take many of these devices ; i'm sure that's what i heard, but it is Panorama and they are notorious for only giving one side of the story
The great implant scandal on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 1585 viewsLoyal

What if you have a huge cock like me ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The great implant scandal on 20:48 - Nov 29 with 1575 viewsoldcob

The great implant scandal on 20:37 - Nov 29 by Loyal

What if you have a huge cock like me ?

I asked a plastic surgeon if he could give me a nine inch cock. He wouldn't, he said it would be dangerous to cut any off.
Login to get fewer ads

The great implant scandal on 22:03 - Nov 29 with 1565 viewsCatullus

The great implant scandal on 19:09 - Nov 29 by controversial_jack

Didn't they also state that Germany has refused to take many of these devices ; i'm sure that's what i heard, but it is Panorama and they are notorious for only giving one side of the story

Yes Germany has higher standards than the EU in this. They did say that.

The great implant scandal on 22:44 - Nov 29 with 1556 viewscontroversial_jack

The great implant scandal on 22:03 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Yes Germany has higher standards than the EU in this. They did say that.

Isn't Germany in the EU just like we are?
The great implant scandal on 18:57 - Dec 1 with 1448 viewsexiledclaseboy

The great implant scandal on 22:44 - Nov 29 by controversial_jack

EU member states are only obliged to adhere to minimum standards. If they want to be more stringent and have higher standards they can.

Poll: Tory leader

The great implant scandal on 18:59 - Dec 1 with 1443 viewsCatullus

The great implant scandal on 22:44 - Nov 29 by controversial_jack

We adhere to the minimum EU standards, the Germans have higher standards.....or in other words....wot Clasie sed!!

The great implant scandal on 00:07 - Dec 2 with 1405 viewscontroversial_jack

The great implant scandal on 18:59 - Dec 1 by Catullus

We adhere to the minimum EU standards, the Germans have higher standards.....or in other words....wot Clasie sed!!

yes. and that blows away the notion that the EU dictates standards to us
The great implant scandal on 00:12 - Dec 2 with 1402 viewsexiledclaseboy

The great implant scandal on 00:07 - Dec 2 by controversial_jack

yes. and that blows away the notion that the EU dictates standards to us

Don’t confuse em mun.

Poll: Tory leader

The great implant scandal on 01:06 - Dec 2 with 1382 viewsmajorraglan

Probably cheaper to settle a court case over here in the event of things going Pete Tong over than in the States where they usually litigate for massive amounts of cash. We should aim to have the same standards as the Germans, but there’s probably a cost implication.
The great implant scandal on 02:06 - Dec 2 with 1379 viewsDJack

The great implant scandal on 01:06 - Dec 2 by majorraglan

Probably cheaper to settle a court case over here in the event of things going Pete Tong over than in the States where they usually litigate for massive amounts of cash. We should aim to have the same standards as the Germans, but there’s probably a cost implication.

"but there’s probably a cost implication.", yeah, gotta keep the shareholders happy.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024