Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has got faith in Potter? 06:28 - Nov 30 with 9581 viewsdickythorpe

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:30 - Nov 30 with 1333 viewsKGriz16

Some absolute clowns on this board.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:38 - Nov 30 with 1320 viewsDippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:30 - Nov 30 by KGriz16

Some absolute clowns on this board.

Sorry for having a different opinion..

Poll: Cooper Out

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:43 - Nov 30 with 1322 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:25 - Nov 30 by Dippy

I'm baffled by some of his decisions..

McKay at wingback..
McBurnie as an inverted right winger and 10 position
Dan James on the centre forwards shoulder..
Roberts as a winger..
Dropping Mulder when in form..
Constant changes of formation

I think Potter is trying to be better/cleverer than what he actually is. When he's come up against WBA & Norwich, he's most definitely been schooled.

When we kick off, our team seem to be confused by the objective.. and it doesn't help by changing formations during games.

Our players are not grasping the objective, and that boils down to the management team
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 17:27]

All fair points, and respect your opinion even if I disagree.

He was far from “schooled” against WBA though, one of the highest scoring teams in the division, just put 4 on Leeds and the change in formation stopped them creating hardly anything. Their players are even saying it was a smash and grab job. We completely f*cked up two set pieces and it cost us.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:51 - Nov 30 with 1311 viewsDippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:43 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

All fair points, and respect your opinion even if I disagree.

He was far from “schooled” against WBA though, one of the highest scoring teams in the division, just put 4 on Leeds and the change in formation stopped them creating hardly anything. Their players are even saying it was a smash and grab job. We completely f*cked up two set pieces and it cost us.

We hardly created anything either.. we could've played another 90 and still not have scored against them.

Dwight is correct, he's not the oracle everyone preaches on here

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:55 - Nov 30 with 1313 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Doing a good job in difficult circumstances, I said I'd be happy mid table this season and I have not changed my mind. I'm more concerned about our owners.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Who has got faith in Potter? on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 1301 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:51 - Nov 30 by Dippy

We hardly created anything either.. we could've played another 90 and still not have scored against them.

Dwight is correct, he's not the oracle everyone preaches on here

He’s not the oracle no, but he’s doing a fine job in difficult circumstances here.

What was your prediction prior to the season then?
Who has got faith in Potter? on 18:28 - Nov 30 with 1283 viewsCatullus

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think some of the praise he gets is embarrassing and it amazes me how the same people continue to over estimate new managers at the club and scrape together any excuses they can to defend them.

Have I got faith in him to get us promoted? Absolutely not. We struggle going forward as badly as we did under the likes of Clement and Bradley, except this time we're playing the likes of Rotherham, not Manchester United.

Have I got faith in him to keep us 'stable' in this league until all the high earners are gone? Absolutely.

I think his credentials from Sweden mean absolutely nothing. Other managers have had better success in Scandanavia than him and failed miserably in England, for example the Norwegian at Cardiff a few years ago.

He's made numerous baffling decisions in terms of starting line ups, substitutions (or lack of), and in my opinion the craziest thing I have seen in a long time is him playing Matt Grimes at left back when we have Olsson available to play there. I don't blame Grimes for his woeful performances at left back is it isn't his natural position.

Hang on now, Solskjaer was at a big club, in that league. Potter took minnows from bottom to top, he did a Toshack if you will but he kept them up. His record is notable for building from the ground up, not taking over an already decent team and winning something.
That's why he was brought here, to rebuild us.

Like others, I got a bit carried away with the early successes and the promise of more to come but I have adjusted my expectations now.
I usually don't like the hurling of insults but in this case (and including myself too) people are fecking idiots!! That's something that will never change and personally I won't even try, it's fairly pointless.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:11 - Nov 30 with 1265 viewsElmo

McKay at wingback..
Roberts as a winger..

I think Potter is trying to be better/cleverer than what he actually is. When he's come up against WBA & Norwich, he's most definitely been schooled.

When we kick off, our team seem to be confused by the objective.. and it doesn't help by changing formations during games.

Our players are not grasping the objective, and that boils down to the management team

Suggest you do some research on the way in which GP dynamically adapts tactics/personnel many times during a game, with each of the players knowing precisely what their role is - in two or three positions.

This takes time to learn and develop. Personally am loving watching the evolution unfold.

I would say the players absolutely get the objective. The execution of an intelligently functioning total system takes time.

Here's one link:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/arsenal-ostersunds-fk-grah
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 19:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:18 - Nov 30 with 1258 viewsDippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:11 - Nov 30 by Elmo

Suggest you do some research on the way in which GP dynamically adapts tactics/personnel many times during a game, with each of the players knowing precisely what their role is - in two or three positions.

This takes time to learn and develop. Personally am loving watching the evolution unfold.

I would say the players absolutely get the objective. The execution of an intelligently functioning total system takes time.

Here's one link:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/arsenal-ostersunds-fk-grah

The table and results suggest otherwise. The last two games exposed it all

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:21 - Nov 30 with 1255 viewsperplex

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:59 - Nov 30 by hobo

Best manager we've had since Laudrup

Lol he has not proven anything yet mun, we seem to be starting to struggle now teams are wise to the way we play let's see how he sorts that out before making over dramatic statements, remember Laudrup told the board to do one once he realised they would not back him, not seen any backbone from Potter in that regards yet, if he is a yes man he is fcuked I can assure you that.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:23 - Nov 30 with 1252 viewsElmo

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:18 - Nov 30 by Dippy

Have a read, do some further research. Give the man a chance I say.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:23 - Nov 30 with 1253 viewsCatullus

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:11 - Nov 30 by Elmo

Here's one link:

I entirely agree with you and to back that up I will reference another manager at another team. This manager won hardly anything for 5 years, Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. Took ober in 86 but won his first league title in 91/92 was it? Only winning the FA cup in 90 and ECWC in 91.
It wouldn't happen today, no manager gets that much time now but surely we can spare Potter the burden of expecting too much too soon?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who has got faith in Potter? on 20:35 - Nov 30 with 1203 viewsFireboy2

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:23 - Nov 30 by Elmo

Have a read, do some further research. Give the man a chance I say.

Totally agree

I dont really know what people really expect

I striker for almost 4 months, 1 senior centre half

I think hes doing quite well with the squad hes been given to work with
Who has got faith in Potter? on 20:58 - Nov 30 with 1177 viewsDippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 20:35 - Nov 30 by Fireboy2

Totally agree

I dont really know what people really expect

I striker for almost 4 months, 1 senior centre half

I think hes doing quite well with the squad hes been given to work with

I'm all for him.. but i don't believe the hype and this pedestal people put him on.. he has a midtable squad that is in a midtable position..

Potter has been average so far.. until he gets the team playing beyond their abilities and challenging for a play off place, I'll change my outlook on him

Who has got faith in Potter? on 21:59 - Nov 30 with 1134 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 20:58 - Nov 30 by Dippy

I'm all for him.. but i don't believe the hype and this pedestal people put him on.. he has a midtable squad that is in a midtable position..

Potter has been average so far.. until he gets the team playing beyond their abilities and challenging for a play off place, I'll change my outlook on him

Beyond their abilities? He’s not a magician
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 21:59]
Who has got faith in Potter? on 22:48 - Nov 30 with 1116 viewsCaptain_Sham

Who has got faith in Potter? on 21:59 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

Beyond their abilities? He’s not a magician
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 21:59]

Dippy by name....

Its just a ride.

Who has got faith in Potter? on 23:02 - Nov 30 with 1107 viewsjackrmee

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:37 - Nov 30 by Elmo

Big faith in him and his playing philosophy, dynamic tactics, focus on learning & development - individually and collectively. Big fan.

(Everyone has development needs though. If I was his boss I would keep a watching brief over how he responds to adversity. He wobbled a bit in the press conf when asked about how he and the team responds, I was surprised and a little disappointed given his massive focus on Emotional Intelligence. Twt)

What he say in press conference?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who has got faith in Potter? on 23:05 - Nov 30 with 1106 viewsjackrmee

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think some of the praise he gets is embarrassing and it amazes me how the same people continue to over estimate new managers at the club and scrape together any excuses they can to defend them.

Have I got faith in him to get us promoted? Absolutely not. We struggle going forward as badly as we did under the likes of Clement and Bradley, except this time we're playing the likes of Rotherham, not Manchester United.

Have I got faith in him to keep us 'stable' in this league until all the high earners are gone? Absolutely.

I think his credentials from Sweden mean absolutely nothing. Other managers have had better success in Scandanavia than him and failed miserably in England, for example the Norwegian at Cardiff a few years ago.

He's made numerous baffling decisions in terms of starting line ups, substitutions (or lack of), and in my opinion the craziest thing I have seen in a long time is him playing Matt Grimes at left back when we have Olsson available to play there. I don't blame Grimes for his woeful performances at left back is it isn't his natural position.

His efforts in Sweden were nothing short of remarkable. Not many in history have done such things.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who has got faith in Potter? on 23:08 - Nov 30 with 1105 viewsjackrmee

McKay at wingback..
Roberts as a winger..

It's down to the learning curve. I for one believe that we have talented and clever footballers at the club right now. That means they will easily be able to understand and grasp GP's logic and ideas.

So you don't think our players are any good, or have good footballing brains?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 23:11 - Nov 30 with 1103 viewsjackrmee

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:18 - Nov 30 by Dippy

You are so dippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 00:01 - Dec 1 with 1077 viewsvalleyboy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 20:58 - Nov 30 by Dippy

Don’t tell me that you are another one of those “brain dead”, that expected the Swans to be pushing for promotion this season, after all the dishevel that’s happened at Swansea

I bet you have never kicked a ball in your life playing other than Sunday League football

Otherwise you would never have written such a post
Who has got faith in Potter? on 05:49 - Dec 1 with 1032 viewsLoyal

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:08 - Nov 30 by byron

Lol...I have total faith that he can safety guide you back to league 1......😂😂👌✔️

You silly cnt. 😅

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:13 - Dec 1 with 1010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I do have faith in him but will the players tire of being messed about position wise nearly every week, especially when results start going against them?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:26 - Dec 1 with 998 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 05:49 - Dec 1 by Loyal

You silly cnt. 😅

You will finish mid table I think, 12th, 13th. The bigger concern for you lot is who gets sold next to allow for 20 million less from sky, if you can get fees for the ones out in loan you might do ok with some shrewd signings next year. I don’t have much faith in the hedge fund, maybe they will sell up?

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:44 - Dec 1 with 992 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:26 - Dec 1 by byron

You will finish mid table I think, 12th, 13th. The bigger concern for you lot is who gets sold next to allow for 20 million less from sky, if you can get fees for the ones out in loan you might do ok with some shrewd signings next year. I don’t have much faith in the hedge fund, maybe they will sell up?

What a fantastic win that was for you last night, Byron. You should be very proud of your team's performance.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024