Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has got faith in Potter? 06:28 - Nov 30 with 9569 viewsdickythorpe

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:48 - Dec 1 with 1203 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter has to stay for at least two seasons, even if we get relegated this season. If we want him to re-build something then we have to complete the demolition first. Its unbelievable that anyone would want him gone when this is a multi year project for WHOEVER is in charge.

Its just a ride.

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:49 - Dec 1 with 1202 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:26 - Dec 1 by byron

You will finish mid table I think, 12th, 13th. The bigger concern for you lot is who gets sold next to allow for 20 million less from sky, if you can get fees for the ones out in loan you might do ok with some shrewd signings next year. I don’t have much faith in the hedge fund, maybe they will sell up?

Agree with this.

I dont think we’ll sell anyone though, more like just letting players leave like Dyer, Routs, Narsingh, Bony, Fer, VDH
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:16 - Dec 1 with 1160 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:49 - Dec 1 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with this.

I dont think we’ll sell anyone though, more like just letting players leave like Dyer, Routs, Narsingh, Bony, Fer, VDH

Aye that will prob clear about 20 million off the wage bill which is exactly what you need. No fee for the Ayews or Mesa tho? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:35 - Dec 1 with 1167 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:16 - Dec 1 by byron

Aye that will prob clear about 20 million off the wage bill which is exactly what you need. No fee for the Ayews or Mesa tho? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mesa already sold to Sevilla
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:39 - Dec 1 with 1153 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:13 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I do have faith in him but will the players tire of being messed about position wise nearly every week, especially when results start going against them?

How long before the players tire of being Booed off the pitch?
Or did I hear that wrong about Wednesday?
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:46 - Dec 1 with 1148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:48 - Dec 1 by Captain_Sham

Potter has to stay for at least two seasons, even if we get relegated this season. If we want him to re-build something then we have to complete the demolition first. Its unbelievable that anyone would want him gone when this is a multi year project for WHOEVER is in charge.

Just because fans do not express faith in Potter does not mean they want him gone.
Maybe just to wise up about the Championship level.
His work in Sweden was remarkable, but nothing like his Swansea job, starting from the bottom he had 5 years to mould the club and every player in it to his style of play.
Enforcing that on a bunch of basically "settled in their ways" players is harder and is going to take quite a while.
But if that is what the fans want then they will have to put up with plenty of losses on the way.
And so will the Hedge Fund and Management.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:54 - Dec 1 with 1147 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:39 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

How long before the players tire of being Booed off the pitch?
Or did I hear that wrong about Wednesday?

Well sometimes fans show their frustrations. It's a double edged sword , when you're great you get the plaudits, when you're not so great you get complaints. . Some fans may be wondering where our slick passing game has disappeared to and want to vent their feelings.

Taking the rough with the smooth is how most people live their lives.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:13 - Dec 1 with 1121 viewsElmo

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:54 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Well sometimes fans show their frustrations. It's a double edged sword , when you're great you get the plaudits, when you're not so great you get complaints. . Some fans may be wondering where our slick passing game has disappeared to and want to vent their feelings.

Taking the rough with the smooth is how most people live their lives.

Agreed. Unfortunately the stands are littered with grey (haired and pallor) oldies who enjoy nothing more than a good moan.

Always reminds me of the 2 old gits on the muppets, except the Liberty cast is choc-a-block with old gits
Login to get fewer ads

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:18 - Dec 1 with 1119 viewsTailGunner

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:48 - Dec 1 by Captain_Sham

100% this

He was building his career the hard way in a Swedish outpost, building everything on playing the right way and team spirit. Exactly what we needed.

He's been put in charge here as part of the 'reset' while still learning his trade.
His squad has been decimated of experience and quality, that's a fact however much cost cutting was needed. Nobody is holding out hope if decent additions will come in January.

He has to rotate and protect the squad. Those who criticise this are the first to post their preference of team, more often than not with ridiculous selections & formations.

We need to stick with this fella. He will continue to make mistakes and good decision hand in hand as he learns.

I don't see anyone getting more out of this decimated squad.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:22 - Dec 1 with 1108 viewsglobus10

Personally although my opinion is not important in the grand scheme of things. Providing the Americans are not going to ‘sell ‘ again i think Potter has a ‘free’ season and will be judged next year . It may even be a 3 year project. However as already mentioned depends on those ‘over the pond.!
Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:43 - Dec 1 with 1045 viewsBadlands

Based on today's selection my faith is waning ... not on his coaching but defiantly on his team choice and substitutions.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:52 - Dec 1 with 1019 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:43 - Dec 1 by Badlands

Based on today's selection my faith is waning ... not on his coaching but defiantly on his team choice and substitutions.

Why based on today? He's been making baffling team selections all season. If Monterro hadn't single handily won us those two games at the start of the season people would have questioned him and his 'tactics' far sooner.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 16:04 - Dec 1 with 984 viewsJohnw102

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:13 - Dec 1 by Elmo

Agreed. Unfortunately the stands are littered with grey (haired and pallor) oldies who enjoy nothing more than a good moan.

Always reminds me of the 2 old gits on the muppets, except the Liberty cast is choc-a-block with old gits

Its the grey haired oldies that were here before the Premiership supporters came and will still be here when they have all pi$$ed off back to supporting Looserpool and Ernited

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Who has got faith in Potter? on 16:12 - Dec 1 with 964 viewsFlashberryjack

Potter doesn't seem to know the team any better now, than when he first arrived.

In answer to the OP, my faith in Potter and the club as a whole is wearing very thin indeed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:12 - Dec 1 with 895 viewsCroftyjack

Today we started 532 with mcburnie supporting James??and John as wing back...then second half we went 4231 with ccv at left back and John on right wing..at least he put mcburnie and James in correct positions.
Then when Montero came on John went back to left back and James moved to read through to accommodate Montero.
Then when he brought Fer on in midfield he took John off and moved Grimes to left back...
We had 4 changes at left back and moved everybody to accommodate all subs.
I'm confused so guess all players are too....but fed up of the crap now that's been going on for over 3 yrs.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:24 - Dec 1 with 861 viewsFireboy2

I dont understand why people are questioning GPs selections

He has to chop and change because we are playing 46 games,often 2 games a week and we have a small weak squad
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:27 - Dec 1 with 850 views_

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:24 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

He has to chop and change because we are playing 46 games,often 2 games a week and we have a small weak squad

Aye, that we desperately choose to make smaller and weaker.

Shut up.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:28 - Dec 1 with 846 viewsraynor94

Is 100% the correct answer, as long as we stay up this season, it's fine by me.

This is a tough league, and it's starting to catch up on us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:34 - Dec 1 with 831 viewsbluey_the_blue

As I said before, Ole chopped and changed regularly; squad rotation in theory keeps players fresher for the end of the season.

The problem Potter and Ole have / had is that you can do with in Sweden, Norway. Prem and Championship are two entirely different beasts on a completely different level to that Potter and Ole have worked in. What happens there won't automatically happen here.

You simply can't make 4-6 changes per game and succeed at Prem level. Or play Declan John for that matter...

Potter needs to stick to a core 9 outfield players, have them start every game unless injured. Keep rotation to a minimum - you need consistency in your performances, you need players bonding in positions rather than having to play alongside someone different on a per game basis.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 810 viewsmonmouth

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:34 - Dec 1 by bluey_the_blue

As I said before, Ole chopped and changed regularly; squad rotation in theory keeps players fresher for the end of the season.

The problem Potter and Ole have / had is that you can do with in Sweden, Norway. Prem and Championship are two entirely different beasts on a completely different level to that Potter and Ole have worked in. What happens there won't automatically happen here.

You simply can't make 4-6 changes per game and succeed at Prem level. Or play Declan John for that matter...

Potter needs to stick to a core 9 outfield players, have them start every game unless injured. Keep rotation to a minimum - you need consistency in your performances, you need players bonding in positions rather than having to play alongside someone different on a per game basis.

Agree with this 100%. You also have to play players in their best positions, or at least positions they are competent to play.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:38 - Dec 1 with 805 views_

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:12 - Dec 1 by Croftyjack

Today we started 532 with mcburnie supporting James??and John as wing back...then second half we went 4231 with ccv at left back and John on right wing..at least he put mcburnie and James in correct positions.
Then when Montero came on John went back to left back and James moved to read through to accommodate Montero.
Then when he brought Fer on in midfield he took John off and moved Grimes to left back...
We had 4 changes at left back and moved everybody to accommodate all subs.
I'm confused so guess all players are too....but fed up of the crap now that's been going on for over 3 yrs.

And this has nothing to do with our squad. It's some bizarre new wave tactics from our manager.

And this isn't the first time, it's every week pretty much.

Fans can make excuses all they want but this is what's happening. Scientific research and fact will explain we don't 'need' to do this. We choose to.

But also, it's too easy for me to have a go at the manager after the summer we've had so I still massively support him, as I'm sure most do....

But, these things need to be mentioned. It's as simple as that. The rotating and rotating and rotating. It's a worry.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:40 - Dec 1 with 783 viewsLoyal

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:38 - Dec 1 by _

And this has nothing to do with our squad. It's some bizarre new wave tactics from our manager.

And this isn't the first time, it's every week pretty much.

Fans can make excuses all they want but this is what's happening. Scientific research and fact will explain we don't 'need' to do this. We choose to.

But also, it's too easy for me to have a go at the manager after the summer we've had so I still massively support him, as I'm sure most do....

But, these things need to be mentioned. It's as simple as that. The rotating and rotating and rotating. It's a worry.

We've both seen far far worse with far less experience or at least promise in the managers role. Anyone who doesn't support potter and co is a raging lunatic at best.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:45 - Dec 1 with 755 viewsjeza739

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think some of the praise he gets is embarrassing and it amazes me how the same people continue to over estimate new managers at the club and scrape together any excuses they can to defend them.

Have I got faith in him to get us promoted? Absolutely not. We struggle going forward as badly as we did under the likes of Clement and Bradley, except this time we're playing the likes of Rotherham, not Manchester United.

Have I got faith in him to keep us 'stable' in this league until all the high earners are gone? Absolutely.

I think his credentials from Sweden mean absolutely nothing. Other managers have had better success in Scandanavia than him and failed miserably in England, for example the Norwegian at Cardiff a few years ago.

He's made numerous baffling decisions in terms of starting line ups, substitutions (or lack of), and in my opinion the craziest thing I have seen in a long time is him playing Matt Grimes at left back when we have Olsson available to play there. I don't blame Grimes for his woeful performances at left back is it isn't his natural position.

Totally agree
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:45 - Dec 1 with 753 viewsCroftyjack

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:40 - Dec 1 by Loyal

We've both seen far far worse with far less experience or at least promise in the managers role. Anyone who doesn't support potter and co is a raging lunatic at best.

You right unfortunately...I'm not having a go at Potter it's all very well saying it's a 46 game season but let's be consistent and changes the players when they showing fatigue please cos we look like a shower of shite at the moment with a bit of fancy footie thrown in.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:46 - Dec 1 with 750 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So is that why he is playing the Youngsters in every game and most of them for 95 minutes.
Time to get real, James is just the first to go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024