Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has got faith in Potter? 06:28 - Nov 30 with 9337 viewsdickythorpe

Who has got faith in Potter? on 02:13 - Dec 2 with 1008 viewsDJack

Who has got faith in Potter? on 18:34 - Dec 1 by _

WTF does that exactly prove though?

Maybe you could that to work down. Ashleigh Road as well?

On a related point...Our football is more free-flowing and you banged on about that previously...so what's the difference? (and yes, of course I'm fishing but please give me your view)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:09 - Dec 2 with 950 viewsthornabyswan

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:13 - Nov 30 by jasper_T

Faith is a strong word. Can only judge him on decisions and results as time goes on.

Don't agree that he's been handed a League One/Two squad to work miracles with or anything like that.

I read that post and guessed Jasper without looking at who posted.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:13 - Dec 2 with 939 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 02:13 - Dec 2 by DJack

On a related point...Our football is more free-flowing and you banged on about that previously...so what's the difference? (and yes, of course I'm fishing but please give me your view)

Another baffling statement. Just because we pass it along the back five and centre midfielders it does not make our football 'free flowing'. As soon as we get to their lines of midfield and defence panic ensues, someone lumps it down the wing for someone to chase and we hope for the best.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:13 - Dec 2 with 931 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 08:44 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What a fantastic win that was for you last night, Byron. You should be very proud of your team's performance.

Yep sure was, battlers all over the pitch, 3 home games we have gone behind, then won. Every club must be rooting for us to succeed in the lower leagues, is the dream of staying up with limited finances still possible?

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:16 - Dec 2 with 935 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:13 - Dec 2 by byron

Yep sure was, battlers all over the pitch, 3 home games we have gone behind, then won. Every club must be rooting for us to succeed in the lower leagues, is the dream of staying up with limited finances still possible?

It will be a remarkable achievement if you stay up. I haven't visited your forum but I highly doubt your fan base are as small minded as many of ours.

Many on here are content with finishing mid table despite this being the best chance we'll ever have of going back up. Warnock got a far inferior squad promoted automatically last season.

Of course I'm not expecting that, but the current displays are woeful and deserve no defence.

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:21 - Dec 2 with 927 viewsFireboy2

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:16 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It will be a remarkable achievement if you stay up. I haven't visited your forum but I highly doubt your fan base are as small minded as many of ours.

Many on here are content with finishing mid table despite this being the best chance we'll ever have of going back up. Warnock got a far inferior squad promoted automatically last season.

Of course I'm not expecting that, but the current displays are woeful and deserve no defence.

'A far inferior squad'

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:31 - Dec 2 with 928 viewsthornabyswan

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:21 - Dec 2 by Fireboy2

'A far inferior squad'

Yes what a load of bollox they were not pretty on the eye and bullied there way to promotion.
But to say they had an inferior squad to ours which is jam packed full of untried youngsters is stupid.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:36 - Dec 2 with 912 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:31 - Dec 2 by thornabyswan

Yes what a load of bollox they were not pretty on the eye and bullied there way to promotion.
But to say they had an inferior squad to ours which is jam packed full of untried youngsters is stupid.

Jam packed full of untried youngsters?

I can only think of two, Dan James and Rodon. Who are the rest?

Login to get fewer ads

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:39 - Dec 2 with 917 viewsbluey_the_blue

Bullied our way? Keep hearing that but the fair play figures show otherwise. Weplayed some decent stuff but never get credit due to media bs about Warnock.

Inferior squad? You're comparing us last season to you now having been relegated. It's a fairer comparison to make comparing our squad going up against yours going up - you probably just about had the better squad given you actually had strikers.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:44 - Dec 2 with 901 viewsBillyChong

Potter desperately needs a creative playmaker. The wingers aren’t doing it, Celina certainly isn’t doing it. We are currently 20th in the league for ‘chance conversion’, and 15th in the league for shots on goal. We didn’t do it well last season and it was an obvious issue that needed fixing in the summer, it wasn’t. Who’s in charge of attacking coaching?
Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:06 - Dec 2 with 881 viewsElmo

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:44 - Dec 2 by BillyChong

Potter desperately needs a creative playmaker. The wingers aren’t doing it, Celina certainly isn’t doing it. We are currently 20th in the league for ‘chance conversion’, and 15th in the league for shots on goal. We didn’t do it well last season and it was an obvious issue that needed fixing in the summer, it wasn’t. Who’s in charge of attacking coaching?

Yes definitely need that - BC/LF/MG/WR could do that.

Also definitely need the spine fixed, the core has wobbled. In fact the core hasn't been core so far.

Appreciate GP's fluid principles and would appreciate them more if we had the solid spine. I would like to see an Ash-type as captain, bossing the GK/CDM. Build some solid foundations to grow upon
Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 859 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:44 - Dec 2 by BillyChong

Your statement is a total contradiiction.
We are currently 20th in chance conversion, so that means that we are creating chances.
We do not have the strikers that can convert them, well we have one more but he hasn't had a game since he scored.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:54 - Dec 2 with 830 viewsjackrmee

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:39 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

How long before the players tire of being Booed off the pitch?
Or did I hear that wrong about Wednesday?

I was there and I didn't hear any boos. If that was the case then the culprits should be ashamed of themselves and not come back. W@nkers.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:28 - Dec 2 with 803 viewsbyron

Fair enough, but I think our team last year was far better than what you have now. Warnock knows better than anyone out there what it takes to build a team to get out if that league, we had leaders all over the pitch, like Bamba, Morrison, manga, gunners, Patterson, not to mention a bit of pace with Mendez and junior. We didn’t foul our way to promotion either, far from it. I don’t really see any leaders/warriors in your team at present.

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:45 - Dec 2 with 799 viewsjack247

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:32 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Your statement is a total contradiiction.
We are currently 20th in chance conversion, so that means that we are creating chances.
We do not have the strikers that can convert them, well we have one more but he hasn't had a game since he scored.

That doesn’t mean we are creating chances, it means we aren’t taking chances.

We are though, most are falling to Dan, because he is lightning and he times his runs well. Unfortunately that also means there is often no support and he has to shoot. I wouldn’t say Oli or anyone else has had a lot of chances and been particularly wasteful.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:50 - Dec 2 with 790 viewsjasper_T

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:45 - Dec 2 by jack247

That doesn’t mean we are creating chances, it means we aren’t taking chances.

We are though, most are falling to Dan, because he is lightning and he times his runs well. Unfortunately that also means there is often no support and he has to shoot. I wouldn’t say Oli or anyone else has had a lot of chances and been particularly wasteful.

Celina's missed a few sitters.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:00 - Dec 2 with 785 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:28 - Dec 2 by byron

Fair enough, but I think our team last year was far better than what you have now. Warnock knows better than anyone out there what it takes to build a team to get out if that league, we had leaders all over the pitch, like Bamba, Morrison, manga, gunners, Patterson, not to mention a bit of pace with Mendez and junior. We didn’t foul our way to promotion either, far from it. I don’t really see any leaders/warriors in your team at present.

Your team last year would have smashed us on set pieces alone.

It’s not good to watch but it’s effective.

We’ll improve, early stages in a big rebuild.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:06 - Dec 2 with 782 viewsjackrmee

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:13 - Dec 2 by byron

Deluded. Other clubs actually rooting for Cardiff?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:06 - Dec 2 with 782 viewsjackrmee

Also deluded. Not our best chance of going back up at all. Best chance will be in a couple of years when we are self sustaining and have players who are playing GP's football with grace and panache

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:07 - Dec 2 with 782 viewsjackrmee

That dwightyork geezer is evidently stupid yes

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:23 - Dec 2 with 764 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:06 - Dec 2 by jackrmee

Deluded. Other clubs actually rooting for Cardiff?

The underdog, everyone loves us...for once

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:25 - Dec 2 with 770 viewsCaptain_Sham

Regarding the original question. Faith in Potter to do what?

Do I have faith in his long term ability to turn us around? Yes

Do I have faith in him getting us promoted? No , nor do I want him to. This squad in the Prem gives me nightmares

Its just a ride.

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:20 - Dec 3 with 669 viewsdameedna

Hope he gets us through the Jan window.

Bottom 3 in Jan and he is gone.

Four weeka to produce some results.

Mid Table I have faith but no longer top 6.

Fer Carroll Montero Routs Dyer hugely disappointing

Naughton not playing enough

Too confusing at present

We look decidedly average and tactically blunt and recently outplayed by better teams
Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:32 - Dec 3 with 662 viewsjasper_T

Who has got faith in Potter? on 19:20 - Dec 3 by dameedna

Hope he gets us through the Jan window.

Bottom 3 in Jan and he is gone.

Four weeka to produce some results.

Mid Table I have faith but no longer top 6.

Fer Carroll Montero Routs Dyer hugely disappointing

Naughton not playing enough

Too confusing at present

We look decidedly average and tactically blunt and recently outplayed by better teams

Bottom three in January wold take some doing, he'd richly deserve the sack if he managed that. Probably have to lose every game.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:43 - Dec 4 with 600 viewsAngelRangelQS

I can't believe this is even a debate to be honest.

This season is clearly all about rebuilding, learning about his side and developing some youngsters. I don't see the issue with him trying the young players out in slightly different positions - they may be a revelation there.

Short of doing something ridiculous, I'd be amazed if we sacked him within the next 12 months (as amazed as it's possible to be supporting the Swans).

He's made some strange decisions that I have disagreed with (dropping Mulder is probably one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen as a Swans fan) but we need to stick with him for at least the rest of this and next season. He is young, has shown plenty of promise and is doing a decent enough job under difficult circumstances. The side is young, inexperienced at this level and has been thrown together only very recently. The last few games have been disappointing but we have played three of the best sides in the league. I feel our position now probably reflects the sort of squad/circumstances we have.

I personally don't feel many other managers would have done much better with what he's been given and I'm not convinced that Dyer, Routledge or Narsingh would have made any marked difference either. Otherwise, they'd surely be in the side (although I think we can probably all have a fair stab at the real reason Narsingh hasn't featured)

As ever, some of our fans are only seeing things in black and white - at the end of August there were plenty advocating that he should resign because the board had "misled him" (which was ridiculous imo) and now they seem to have changed their view totally (which is equally as ridiculous).

I think we'll stay up easily but I'd be surprised if there's any more talk this season of making the playoffs.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 12:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024