Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has got faith in Potter? 06:28 - Nov 30 with 9582 viewsdickythorpe

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:07 - Dec 4 with 865 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:45 - Dec 2 by jack247

That doesn’t mean we are creating chances, it means we aren’t taking chances.

We are though, most are falling to Dan, because he is lightning and he times his runs well. Unfortunately that also means there is often no support and he has to shoot. I wouldn’t say Oli or anyone else has had a lot of chances and been particularly wasteful.

You are correct that Dan has had the most chances over the last 3 games, however you may be surprised by who has done what.
Dan - 9
Ollie - 5
Fer - 4
Celina - 4
Grimes - 3
Rodon - 3
Bony - 2
Olsson - 2
Montero -1
John - 1
Fulton - 1
VDH - 1
CCV - 1
Roberts - 1
Naughton - 1
So a total of 39 in 3 game average 13 per game.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:05 - Dec 4 with 843 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:43 - Dec 4 by AngelRangelQS

I can't believe this is even a debate to be honest.

This season is clearly all about rebuilding, learning about his side and developing some youngsters. I don't see the issue with him trying the young players out in slightly different positions - they may be a revelation there.

Short of doing something ridiculous, I'd be amazed if we sacked him within the next 12 months (as amazed as it's possible to be supporting the Swans).

He's made some strange decisions that I have disagreed with (dropping Mulder is probably one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen as a Swans fan) but we need to stick with him for at least the rest of this and next season. He is young, has shown plenty of promise and is doing a decent enough job under difficult circumstances. The side is young, inexperienced at this level and has been thrown together only very recently. The last few games have been disappointing but we have played three of the best sides in the league. I feel our position now probably reflects the sort of squad/circumstances we have.

I personally don't feel many other managers would have done much better with what he's been given and I'm not convinced that Dyer, Routledge or Narsingh would have made any marked difference either. Otherwise, they'd surely be in the side (although I think we can probably all have a fair stab at the real reason Narsingh hasn't featured)

As ever, some of our fans are only seeing things in black and white - at the end of August there were plenty advocating that he should resign because the board had "misled him" (which was ridiculous imo) and now they seem to have changed their view totally (which is equally as ridiculous).

I think we'll stay up easily but I'd be surprised if there's any more talk this season of making the playoffs.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 12:46]

Agree with everything in that post.

I do think he was tucked up in the summer, but not to the extent I originally thought.

You can't have your cake and eat it, you can't expect miracles when the club are making big cuts to the playing staff. Most agree the cuts are/were necessary and now we are whinging when we have a few results go against us.

<<This season is clearly all about rebuilding, learning about his side and developing some youngsters.>>

The yanks know this, so there will be no P45's being handed out.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:54 - Dec 4 with 828 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:05 - Dec 4 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with everything in that post.

I do think he was tucked up in the summer, but not to the extent I originally thought.

You can't have your cake and eat it, you can't expect miracles when the club are making big cuts to the playing staff. Most agree the cuts are/were necessary and now we are whinging when we have a few results go against us.

<<This season is clearly all about rebuilding, learning about his side and developing some youngsters.>>

The yanks know this, so there will be no P45's being handed out.

The best chance you ever have of going up is the first year, like Burnley, Newcastle, West Ham etc, it's not easy to come down adjust and then go up, because next year there will be three more teams with a better squad and a much better cash advantage, and the next year another three, we've wasted the best opportunity ever.

We appointed the wrong Manager too late and were to slow shifting the overpaid deadwood.

We should be concentrating on trying to stay in the Championship for a few years and not drop down rather than thinking we can go back up anytime soon!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 15:58]
Who has got faith in Potter? on 16:10 - Dec 4 with 806 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 15:54 - Dec 4 by AlfieMooresSon

The best chance you ever have of going up is the first year, like Burnley, Newcastle, West Ham etc, it's not easy to come down adjust and then go up, because next year there will be three more teams with a better squad and a much better cash advantage, and the next year another three, we've wasted the best opportunity ever.

We appointed the wrong Manager too late and were to slow shifting the overpaid deadwood.

We should be concentrating on trying to stay in the Championship for a few years and not drop down rather than thinking we can go back up anytime soon!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 15:58]

That’s not true, the only reason clubs you mentioned went straight back up is because they kept their squads almost the same, you’ve lost an entire team haven’t you? Stoke and West Brom haven’t let many go, did t Stoke spend a fortune? A few clubs that come down are in turmoil like we were, take a few years to adjust and re group. Lots of small clubs have been coming up quickly like you, Watford, saints, Burnely, Bournemouth, bha. Being stable and well run seems to get you far. Look at the car crash that has been Leeds last 5 years.

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 23:06 - Dec 4 with 756 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 16:10 - Dec 4 by byron

That’s not true, the only reason clubs you mentioned went straight back up is because they kept their squads almost the same, you’ve lost an entire team haven’t you? Stoke and West Brom haven’t let many go, did t Stoke spend a fortune? A few clubs that come down are in turmoil like we were, take a few years to adjust and re group. Lots of small clubs have been coming up quickly like you, Watford, saints, Burnely, Bournemouth, bha. Being stable and well run seems to get you far. Look at the car crash that has been Leeds last 5 years.

Exactly.

We had to shift pretty much a full team, with hardly any investment back into playing squad and we have fans thinking this is our best chance of winning promotion. I honestly can’t see how people look at our squad and think we should be contending.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 04:36 - Dec 5 with 722 viewsLoyal

More like 15.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:17 - Dec 5 with 690 viewsAlfieMooresSon

We were too slow appointing Potter and getting rid of the overpriced prima donnas, he was the wrong choice anyway, no experience of the Championship and it shows.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:33 - Dec 5 with 684 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:17 - Dec 5 by AlfieMooresSon

We were too slow appointing Potter and getting rid of the overpriced prima donnas, he was the wrong choice anyway, no experience of the Championship and it shows.

We'll have to agree to disagree on him being the wrong choice. We'll see how it pans out.
Login to get fewer ads

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:52 - Dec 5 with 645 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:17 - Dec 5 by AlfieMooresSon

I'm sure we desperately wanted the over paid players gone. However, if you were one of these players on a large wage, were settled in the area and had time remaining on your contract, would you agree to uproot and move your family to another city or even country for the same or most likely less money than you're on at the moment?

We're stuck with them until their contracts run out or we agree to pay their contracts up in full.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024